• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbuing this second?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Norther

Im at 108 and i seem to be getting about .1 for every 100 residue.

Does this seem right or am i just having bad streak.
Also

What have people found to be the sweet spot percent chance wise?

My method has been same as someone else mentioned using loot for residue and imbuing. As of right now I've been unraveling weps and jewelry and imbuing
the armor but its starting to be harder finding armor pieces i can gain from
so will prob start just unraveling a bag full and searching thru a bag for gains off both weps and armor.
if that make any sense.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Im at 108 and i seem to be getting about .1 for every 100 residue.

Does this seem right or am i just having bad streak.
Also

What have people found to be the sweet spot percent chance wise?

My method has been same as someone else mentioned using loot for residue and imbuing. As of right now I've been unraveling weps and jewelry and imbuing
the armor but its starting to be harder finding armor pieces i can gain from
so will prob start just unraveling a bag full and searching thru a bag for gains off both weps and armor.
if that make any sense.
I did it using loot from about 80! and 100 residue seems about right although there was a zone were it was about 150-200 there towards the end!

what you do is have a character with no imbuing unravel the bag anything left is going to be close to your range the higher you are the better it works
this cuts sorting time way down!

N

Norther

what you do is have a character with no imbuing unravel the bag anything left is going to be close to your range the higher you are the better it works
this cuts sorting time way down!
Good tip Thx

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hell, if you kinda wanna cheat... Buy 60k oak boards, get a high Fletching tailsman, so you can make exceptional "bows"... burn the heck out of the boards, and unravel till your little heart can't, you'll never run out of residue at that point.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hell, if you kinda wanna cheat... Buy 60k oak boards, get a high Fletching tailsman, so you can make exceptional "bows"... burn the heck out of the boards, and unravel till your little heart can't, you'll never run out of residue at that point.
aye thats good way the only problem is everyone is buying up oak! either you cant find it or they have raised the price alot! but i did burn through about 20k or so i had laying around!

I

Ivorythorn

My mule is at 53.6. I got bored with it for a while when I seemed to hit a roadblock, but I did a little research, and now I am making better gains. I stoned a couple of skills to help with the GGS. That seemed to help. I may stone another, I have fragment I haven't used, or I may use up a vet reward, and get another, but I kind of want that crystal portal... decisions, decisions...

Yeah, the biggest problem is ingrediants. Even farming for those gets boring... :sleep2:

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aye thats good way the only problem is everyone is buying up oak! either you cant find it or they have raised the price alot! but i did burn through about 20k or so i had laying around!
Frost and Bloodwood... anything that adds extra mods will work just fine.

M

mrawdtsi

ok, got to 90 last night.

going very slow, as im not buying any of my materials. guess im a bit behind the curve :)

M

mrawdtsi

well, ate a 120 scroll and went to work this afternoon.

90 - 100.1 in a couple hours....

now the fun begins...

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I reached 95 Imbuing.
From this point forward, I'm going to raise the skill with the GGS (0.1 point per day), because I hate grinding. It will take me 2 months to reach 100, but instead of burning 5000 Residue I will only need 50, and have a lot more time to actually play UO.

Did the same thing with Taming. Worked great.

M

mrawdtsi

need to take a break... think the onset of carpal tunnel is eminent.:grrr:

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, shoot.

I need to make a 120 for my wifes char... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting at 50.0

W

WCK565

Currently at around 76 - 77 .

Buying Gems from NPC Gypsy Vendors in Ilshnar , as the prices reset each time camp moves .

I like to do Vorpal Bunnies with my Tamer Char , I save everything from corpse and unravel . I can usually get 500 - 600 residue and 100 -200 esssence per 30 mins .

I dont have much patience for raising this skill ..... :thumbdown:

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nastia,

The 120 Imbuing scroll is easy to get..do not buy it at any price,,;p

As you train Imbuing, you will be able to gather the resources to get 115 scrolls. Simply amke/buy/borrow or steal a scroll binder and add your 115s together to make a 120....

EVERYONE training imbue can do this - there should be No market whatsoever for selling 120 imbue scrolls

Chers

Ewan

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been 120 Imbuing here for about 2 weeks, fun times but its deffinalty worth it, had to buy my magical essence from vendors and all my gems from npc vendors so in all i spent about 14m in supplys to 120 my charm or abouts that mutch

L

LadyMargaret

is anyone considering stopping with less than 120?

the other thing to consider, get your 10,000 loyalty points to use the Queens Forge too.

K

Kiminality

is anyone considering stopping with less than 120?

the other thing to consider, get your 10,000 loyalty points to use the Queens Forge too.
The only real benefit to stopping prior to 120 is not having to train that far. Although if you're not aiming for high-end stuff, then you probably don't need the higher skill.

I just started training again, after stalling at 90.3.
Now at 96.1...

Loyalty's easy for me.
Training it on a crafter, but transferring it to a mage when it's done.
But for a crafter, I'd probably build some vollem, or a fleet of scorpions/wolves, and go pick on something smaller than me ;)

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you did excatgly same as me kim, cept i started it on my mage then xfered it over then xfered it back

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, that's three official chars I have 120ed...

AFTER you do it once... it gets easier, adn a LOT faster.

Just make sure you take notes on what you did the first time.

G

georgemarvin2001

I just upgraded to SA and started training Imbuing this afternoon.
Here's the rundown so far:
bought the skill up to 40 for 400 gold
bought unraveling bag for 2,500 gold
bought 1000 citrines @ 51 each, total 51,000 gold
bought 4,000 citrines @66, 67, 68 and 69 each, total 270,000
went to Labyrinth and killed Miasmas till I filled the loot bag, recalled home and unravelled everything, then went back and filled it again, until I accumulated 2,000 residue

I ran out of residue at 54.7, making leather caps and imbuing them with reflect physical and luck.

All totaled, I spent 323,900 gold and used 2,000 residue and 3,251 citrines and 270 amber to gain 14.7 points. I think I'm going to start doing daggers with hit dispel tomorrow.

G

georgemarvin2001

Another report in the continuing quest to hit 120 imbuing:
I used another 2,000 residue and bought another 2,500 amber and 1,000 citrines to reach 73.5. I still have some amber and citrines left.
I crafted caps and imbued with reflect and luck till I hit 58, then crafted daggers and imbued with dispel till 71, then crafted plate jingasas and imbued with reflect. Since the jingasas already have the mage armor property, it doesn't cost as much materials as other stuff would.
I will post again after I go back to Miasma for a couple of hours and collect enough junk armor to make another 2,000 residue.
I like Miasma as a source of material to unravel because he dies in seconds, respawns almost instantly, always has a dozen or more pieces of junk armor on the corpse, and a lot of the armor will make essences instead of just residue. Also, nobody else at the spawn even bothers to loot the gold, much less the armor. I can collect 1,000 residue in just a few minutes if there are a bunch of other people there farming marties.

G

georgemarvin2001

I just completed my third imbuing training session. I accumulated another 2,000 residue and the session ended at 82.5. I got reasonable gains from the first 1,000 or so residue used. However, when I hit 80, the gains stopped. I used another 200+ residue, and didn't get a single gain, so I quit for a while and ate a snack; when I got back, the very first try I got a gain. It took a total of 5,274 residue to reach 80.1.

After three training sessions, I've used exactly 6,000 residue and about 14,000 gems, mostly citrines.

G

georgemarvin2001

My 4th training session: Again, I used 2,000 residue and about 4,500 citrines. I'm now at 87 imbuing skill.

I expected better gains, since I'm still under 90. I was either the victim of UO's streaky random number generator this time, or the percent chance calculator on the imbuing gump is WAAAY off in its calculations when your skill is in the mid-80s. I was keeping imbuing at over 50% success chance, but I had several streaks with 5 to 10 failures in a row. One Jingasa in particular got 14 failures, then 1 success, then 16 failures, then 8 successes in a row. If I had been having to buy the residue, instead of just picking it up off the ground at the Miasma, I would have just given up and thrown that piece away, but I was curious to see just how many failures I would get. All totaled, my success rate for this session was roughly 1/3 of what it should have been. I've been adding reflect physical to heavy jingasa that has mage armor property on it when crafted; it costs less, since citrines are about 55 gold most of the time, and most other gems are over 100, and it uses easily obtained residue instead of the less common essences or artifacts.

Skill Point Gains per 2,000 residue session so far:
Session 1: 14.7
Session 2: 18.8
Session 3: 9
Session 4: 4.5

Gains are REALLY slowing down as my skill level goes up.

G

georgemarvin2001

This is my 5th installment of the continuing saga of my attempts to become a legendary imbuer.
I'm now at 91.8 imbuing after this session ended. I used another 2,000 residue, bringing my total to 10,000 used. I bought another 4,000 citrines, and imbued plate jingasas with reflect physical and luck.
Gains seem to have stabilized now. I'm still not getting anything close to the 52-58% success rate that the gump says I should be getting. I have kept my character well-fed. I haven't been wearing luck gear, but that isn't supposed to matter in crafting. With a little luck, 2 more sessions will bring me to that magic 100 mark.
I had also accumulated over 2,500 essences from all that junk armor, so I took 500 of them and did the 115 power scroll quest that the gargoyle at the soulforge next to the bank gives 10 times, then bought a scroll binder and combined the 10 115 powerscrolls to make my 120 power scroll. I'm now ready for the massively expensive task of becoming a legend in the field of Imbuing. I decided that, as difficult as it will be to get 50 items that will melt down into artifacts, and as easy as it is to get essences, it was MUCH less expensive to spend 500 essences than 50 artifacts for the scroll.
I planned to take imbuing all the way to 120 at one shot, but I'm not sure I can stand that much time gathering junk right now. I might take a break when I hit GM before I start the grind of getting the skill on up to 120.

G

georgemarvin2001

This is my 6th installment in my continuing quest to hit 120 imbuing. I gathered another 2,000 residue and began the marathon session this evening. Gains actually went up quite a bit this time. I gained from 91.8 to 98.7, a total of 6.9 points. I kept up with the actual percentage of success this time; I did 10 imbuings each on 74 heavy plate Jingasas, total of 740 successes, and the successful attempts used 13 residue per jingasa (4 for first imbue of magic reflection, 1 each for the other 9 imbuings of luck). I kept my success rate at about 60% for the first imbue, to conserve resources, and about 55% for the remaining 9 imbues per item. My actual success rate was a little under 50%, less than it should be but not by a lot.

G

georgemarvin2001

This is my 7th installment in the never-ending saga of my quest to become a legendary imbuer. This time, I used 4,000 residue and gained to 105.6 imbuing. That's just a gain of 6.9 points for the whole 4K in residue, and about 7,000 gems. I'm hoping that was just a fluke; at the present rate, it will take another 8,000 residue to make legendary. I don't think I'm going to wait till they make it easier to gain, though. I would like to finish this.

F

Froden_UO

108.5 and about 3 mill in resources Gains have slowed down from 6-8 gains per hour to 2-3 gains per hour training.:stir:

C

Cryltaur

108.6 and I am going to slow down and GGS it until the new publish hits my shard.

G

georgemarvin2001

This is my 8th installment in the continuing struggle to reach legendary imbuing. I used another 4,000 residue yesterday, and gained to 110.1 imbuing. I have now used a total of 20,000 residue and 40,340 gems. It's looking like it'll take another 10,000 residue and 20,000 gems to gain that last 10 points.

G

georgemarvin2001

This is my 9th installment in my quest to become a legendary imbuer. I used another 4,000 residue, bringing my total to 24,000. I am now at 115.7 imbuing. Gains seem to leveled out at just over 1 point per 1,000 residue. The new changes that allow us to imbue the same item 20 times may have helped some; I gained 4.5 points during the last session, and 5.6 this time. With a little luck, the next session will bring me up to legendary.

E

Evlar

Dragon Scale Armour... can be imbued... woohoo!

(Sorry, I'm easily pleased ;) )

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I became Legendary Artificer last week. Before the last imbuing patch I made it to Grandmaster. I then decided to continue with GGS. But the imbuing patch made training much more easy, so I could raise the skill from GM to Legendary in only a week.

I then spent two days in Ter Mur, getting my loyalty up to 10,000 points.

TeslaTyson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Well, after returning from selling my account a year ago, I got to 120 imbuing in 3 days. Wish it was this easy when UO: SA came out. LOL

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please do not necro threads over a year old, its fine to open a new one but dont revive year old ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.