• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbuing this second?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm gaining fine and the actual training is no big deal. Residue gathering is a ***** though.

N

Nastia Cross

Still holding strong at 107... took a break for a few days to do other things. Probably won't get back to it until tomorrow. I'm aiming to gain about 2 points per day that I grind at it, that is until I reach 118 hehe.

Tyranissa Wrath

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
76.4 - GM daggers; Hit Dispel, then just enough Luck to only use one residue and one gem

For gems, hunt crystal elementals - each usually carries a stack of 4 gems. If that doesn't yield enough gems, use the gold to buy more :D

120 Imbuing PS - keep doing the second artificer quest at Ter Mur, handing in 50 essence for 115 scrolls. Bind 10 scrolls *bingo* a 120 PS! My garg has regained the 500 essence used from unravelling the bag after bag of junk magic recovered by my hunters.

M

mrawdtsi

wow this one makes my eyes hurt....

60.7 i think, right now...

GM daggers just putting luck on them. 1 citrine, 1 essence.

How do you guys do this?

1) imbue the item, unravel
2) imbue item 10x then unravel

the second one seems to blow through resources too fast. I need to take my thunter out on a couple maps to replenish every 30 minutes doing the second method.:cursing:

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought gems from jeweler NPCs.

I imbued only monster loot - nothing crafted. Basically I learned which properties could be added for one cheap gem and 1 residue and went piece by piece, looking for how to add (or sometimes lower) properties to hit that magic 50ish success chance, then imbued until I get the diminished gains message. Gold from monsters paid for the gems and treating it like a puzzle made it go much faster. However, I will admit I spent a lot of long nights playing.

N

Nastia Cross

wow this one makes my eyes hurt....

60.7 i think, right now...

GM daggers just putting luck on them. 1 citrine, 1 essence.

How do you guys do this?

1) imbue the item, unravel
2) imbue item 10x then unravel

the second one seems to blow through resources too fast. I need to take my thunter out on a couple maps to replenish every 30 minutes doing the second method.:cursing:
Below like 80 or 90 i was imbuing each item once and unravelling. After that, I did each 10 times... mostly because by that time I was imbuing 3-4 properties on each item and it made more sense.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just hit 118.0. I think I have enough residue to grind to the finish tomorrow.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I bought gems from jeweler NPCs.

I imbued only monster loot - nothing crafted. Basically I learned which properties could be added for one cheep gem and 1 residue and went piece by piece, looking for how to add (or sometimes lower) properties to hit that magic 50ish success chance, then imbued until I get the diminished gains message. Gold from monsters paid for the gems and treating it like a puzzle made it go much faster. However, I will admit I spent a lot of long nights playing.
thats what I am doing now ! at 108 but RL keeps interfering not been able to play much in the last few days rggg i just want it over !!!!

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Residue gathering is such a pain in the ass. If anyone's on Great Lakes, I'll trade about 1.5k enchanted essence for a lot of residue <_<

M

mrawdtsi

update:

This is absolutely painful.... I've been using the imbuing guide in the craftsmen forums.

I went from 70.1 to 81.9 last night. I burned approximately 10k Amber, and about 4k Magical residue.

am I doing something wrong here, or do you REALLY go through that many resources? Im dreading the 100-120 range.

Perhaps im just too spaced out at this point, am i missing something?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
113 atm just tranfered skill to gargoyle and used 120 scroll

O

Old Man of UO

Residue gathering is such a pain in the ass. If anyone's on Great Lakes, I'll trade about 1.5k enchanted essence for a lot of residue <_<
Huh... it took a bit of work to find the best way to get residue and EE, but I can get about 1.5K residue and 300-400 EE in an hours worth of hunting now. Much faster than lumberjacking and grinding oak bows.

M

mrawdtsi

Huh... it took a bit of work to find the best way to get residue and EE, but I can get about 1.5K residue and 300-400 EE in an hours worth of hunting now. Much faster than lumberjacking and grinding oak bows.
care to share your method? I have been carrying an unravel bag with my tamer and killing blood eles for items to unravel... takes forever. :wall:

Idahoan

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is best to farm to get loot that would unravel relics?

Tired Paragon Elementals, Greater Dragons, Swoops.

Any help plz!!

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can kill stuff pretty damn fast, but I can't get anywhere near 1.5k in an hour, WTF.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you can get to 1500 a hour I get about 1k an hour but i goof off alot now 300 to 400 essence i am not so sure!
and the key is hunting critters that drop lots of loot at one time and you can kill fast !
example tskin wolves drop about 5 or 6 magic each and 1k gold and i can walk through them like butter and get 100+ residue per trip !

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just raid Luna and other various vendors, burn all the hammers, kits any runics I can find... SUre it gets expensive, but it makes me what i need.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I just raid Luna and other various vendors, burn all the hammers, kits any runics I can find... SUre it gets expensive, but it makes me what i need.
I just bought 20 oak kits in luna for 500 each

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, officially, 59.8.

I just did a half hour grind, all I can do at a time LOL.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
During the WWE's Hell in a Cell ppv I imbued while watching and am up to 76.2 from like 63.4.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Sonoma I'm at 40.0. Still. Haven't done a thing there since buying the skill.

On Baja am at 50.0 because I'm using a gargoyle character that I started with 50. Have a couple of houses worth of stuff to unravel. *Sigh*

On Lake Austin am at 96.1. Have been switching between hunting to gather stuff to unravel and working on imbuing. Some days I can't stand the thought of doing any imbuing, so I just don't. Will probably never have any relic fragments so I'm questioning the amount of time I spent earlier on this shard collecting imbuing ingredients. Have two bronze hammers I got months ago from turning in BODs and a few each of DC and shadow hammers, about 6 spined kits, one horned it, and got my first barbed kit today. Guess I'll sit on all that stuff for now until I do more research on how best to use them. I think I need to become much more motivated about picking up BODs on the shards where I might eventually make an artificer. Picking them up once a month just isn't going to cut it.... LOL

M

mrawdtsi

87.4 now.... still boring.. i have to work on it in half hour intervals. lol

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
87.4 now.... still boring.. i have to work on it in half hour intervals. lol
Yeah, same here... 15-30 mins.

I have a VERY open house and my SoulForge is like right there, and people think they can just come up and talk to me... And I ignore most of them... and today I had a GM show up and say "Hi there, someone has suggested you are not there and working skills somehow... Can you tell me what 2+7 is please"... I had fun with it... I was like "Hold on let me get my calculater... If I get it wrong do I lose my account?" He laughed and bid me good day.

M

mrawdtsi

Yeah, same here... 15-30 mins.

I have a VERY open house and my SoulForge is like right there, and people think they can just come up and talk to me... And I ignore most of them... and today I had a GM show up and say "Hi there, someone has suggested you are not there and working skills somehow... Can you tell me what 2+7 is please"... I had fun with it... I was like "Hold on let me get my calculater... If I get it wrong do I lose my account?" He laughed and bid me good day.
lol!

nice.

gathering some more resources now for residues and chugging away this afternoon a bit :(

part of me wishes this wasnt such a valuable skill. :shots:

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol!

nice.

gathering some more resources now for residues and chugging away this afternoon a bit :(

part of me wishes this wasnt such a valuable skill. :shots:
Well, I have over 80k residue now... Back and forth to the bank and jewlery shop is gonna suck AND get expensive.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Now the real fun starts...

This was an all afternoon/evening gring... Gained like 18 freaking points!

At least now I can unravel and get relics!

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Now the real fun starts...

This was an all afternoon/evening gring... Gained like 18 freaking points!

At least now I can unravel and get relics!
108.0 I think I am gonna burn off the last of my resources and then just eat 3.0 pinkies... But Maybe not.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the world can be divided into 2 basic personality types: those who eat the SoT as soon as they're within range and those who look forward to using them but get there and think "I don't want to waste it when I can get there myself" :)

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the world can be divided into 2 basic personality types: those who eat the SoT as soon as they're within range and those who look forward to using them but get there and think "I don't want to waste it when I can get there myself" :)
I have to admit, I have grinded and grinded all week... Non stop except to sleep and family... Other then that, nonstop gring. I am happy to say that I am aT 119.3 at this second, and will probably 120 it before server down on Pac! I'll come back with an update...

Not ONE single pink was eaten. And you guys would be disgusted at how much I spend... When I finish I'll let you know.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 a LOT sooner then I thought... SO glad that's over with! SO glad!

I spend a total of.... $2,438,233 120ing Imbuing.

M

mrawdtsi

wow congrats Tesla, mind sharing your method and money saving tips? some of the more frugal imbuers (myself) would like to know! :D

actually, im more ADD than frugal, but still interested. lol

N

Nastia Cross

FINALLY got to 112.5 this morning lol I've been busy doing other things.

L

Law of Hell

Hell i am at 85.0 and can't even watch this imbuing screen again...

You are all way too patient !

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

congrats I just made it also ! I just wanted to say I am so glad you kept accurate account because people in another forum were saying I spent way to much ! and it should only cost 1.5 So to them I say ha told ya so ! lol ok I feel better now again congrats!

L

Lissa Eldi

Just hit 120 yesterday myself, woohoo!

Worked it steadily for the last month, some days not too long, some days a few hours.
Not a skill I will put on multiple characters hehe.

However, for the last few weeks when I got serious about it, I knew what I'd be doing when I logged in, and so this morning I was kind of at loose ends. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.