• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbuing this second?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Getting gems is the problem for me, spending a ton of money on them so far. Only at 69 too :(

And I can't mine them yet, the account with my GM miner hasn't been upgraded yet.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless the gems change for higher imbuing levels (still at 46 BAH), you dont mine them. You get them from monsters like earth elementals, gargoyles and many things in Ter Mur.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can after you buy the book from Ter Mur. But you need GM mining and SA.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think I just went to the blacksmith and scrolled all the way down to the bottom.

72.5 or so now, and I got about 600 residue + essence, so I'm hoping that will get me to around 80.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for the late replies

What do you do for resources Gheed?
I used DC runics to make DC daggers. Make them straight into the unravel bag. Burning two DC runics (100 DC daggers) yields @180 residue and 10 essence. I do alot of BoDs when I have the itch so I had 100 DC runics in my house. So that made me about 9k residue.

Where are you training?
What skills are on your toon and what type of toon are you?
Are you following the training guide?
I am human w/100 arms lore and 120 smithing. I forget the other skills as I had to soul stone a few things around to make room for imbuing. But arms lore is the only bonus wothwhile.

I didnt follow the guide. I have gm'd maybe 30 smiths and tailors on my mules and the rate of gain was always best at @50% success rate. The same seems to hold true for imbuing. So I just imbued whatever combination of mods kept me in that range. I did not imbue once then unravel. I imbued 10 times per item as I had plenty of residue. At higer levels imbuing once is going to slam you for gems. hitting the 80's range instead of burning 8 gems or so per attempt I imbued a high percentage intensity once then added a low percentage intensity 9 times repeated (only burning 1 or 2 gems per attempt.)

It is debatable what is the better race for skill gain. I see the garg bonus as a detriment to skill gain because you have to imbue higher intensity mods to negate the bonus and keep you in the 50% success range. Higher intensity mods lead to burning more resources for the same gains. Still I havent tried leveling the skill on a garg... it just seemed to make sense to me not to. But I think the garg bonus gives you more residue back? Could be wrong about that. So maybe its better for the imbue once path.

From another thread:

I had tons of residue so I went the path of burning fewer... other mats. On ex daggers (3 ingots) I did luck at low levels. At medium levels I did high luck/low fire resist combos. I got tired of keeping two stocks of gems so I went all rubies at the end and did high fire resist(13%) one imbue and low hit fire area the other 9 imbues. That got me to 100.

I spent 1.5 mil on gems at the npc. The DC runics to make the residue would have probably cost another 1.5 mil but I had them handy from BoD testing so I used them. I think i would have spent alot more on gems going the imbue once method and spent alot more time gming.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just hit 70 on Siege, so into RoT, no more gains possible till tomorrow.
80.2 on Europa.
Congraduations...getting to 70.0 is still a struggle because of lack of items
to unravel. I expect that all those worthless items are going poof... out of
players houses... it is an interesting way to solve storage problems...

I noticed that other shards are quoting higher results... well if I had six
characters I would have six times as much junk jewelry and items to unravel.

It is a game of patience...

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

A

Aristillus

I made it to 77. I HATE this skill. So much.

I hate to say it but it doesn't get any better.

My last 1.5 took me about 3-4 hours of hardcore keyboard mashing, mouse clicking, and a lot of :cursing:

Aristillus

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congraduations...getting to 70.0 is still a struggle because of lack of items
to unravel. I expect that all those worthless items are going poof... out of
players houses... it is an interesting way to solve storage problems...

I noticed that other shards are quoting higher results... well if I had six
characters I would have six times as much junk jewelry and items to unravel.

It is a game of patience...

*stares*
Yahaxithonix
Onis and swoops were my friend:).

G

guum

99.9. I have 7.5k residue in the bank...I just have to bring myself to actually use it. There are funner things to be doing. ;)

K

Kiminality

I'm on the crawl to 95.1.
Gains appear to have bottomed out compared to yesterday... I was flying, with the crystal ball of knowledge reporting "very easy" for my difficulty.
As I recall, I hit 80 without moving from the 1 residue / 1 gem difficulty. Fairly costly in gems, but perhaps not more so than other methods, and I regularly had to take a bunch of residue out of my pack.

I'm seeing Amber in jewellers for >80 per...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'm on the crawl to 95.1.
Gains appear to have bottomed out compared to yesterday... I was flying, with the crystal ball of knowledge reporting "very easy" for my difficulty.
As I recall, I hit 80 without moving from the 1 residue / 1 gem difficulty. Fairly costly in gems, but perhaps not more so than other methods, and I regularly had to take a bunch of residue out of my pack.

I'm seeing Amber in jewellers for >80 per...
hmm what were you imbuing ?
i am at 90 and if i try something says very easy i dont seem to get any gains

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100.2: brand new gargoyle character, living out of his bank box with no contact with the rest of my characters, so only items and gold he earned himself in Ter Mur were used to train; no crafting skills.

( tomorrow, once he finishes tweaking his current suit, he will attempt to cross the abyss; I've been treating the rest of my characters as if the expansion does not exist until I succeed in this self-imposed quest of building a gargoyle from scratch and getting him across to Fire Island alive )

uorichreallifepoor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have had a lot of time on my hands this week to work skill thats why im at 118 but i also had like 200 dull hamers to burn:thumbup:

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

Ijust think its so amazing that people have stored dull hammers.

I dont bother to fill any BOD than yields lower than Bronze hammer.

Or maybe you understand what will happened and bought them all?

BTW,Im at high 80.

Regards
The Scandinavian

K

Kiminality

hmm what were you imbuing ?
i am at 90 and if i try something says very easy i dont seem to get any gains
Aha! It's morning, and my brain is working better, now.
Up until beyond 80, I was running a UOA macro that does:
Make one dagger
Imbue 6%(?) hit dispel
Unravel

with another that just skips the making stage, for when I've worked up a surplus of daggers (if you fail to imbue, then you can't unravel, and each run of the macro makes a dagger, so they build up).

I tried it after training tailoring on oil cloths, way into the ball reporting "very easy"

I just want to hit 95.1, then I'll transfer it back to my mage and get the rest of my gains through actual imbuing, GGS and SoTs.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
93 now i have to stop to go out in RL (twins dont ya know lol)

M

mrrippletip

Here's a big hint: go drop 1mil on a 60k commodity deed of plain iron ingots. Then go make jingasas on your GM+ smith. Then throw them in an unravel bag. Then hit the unravel option.

they musta nerfed this it doesn't work anymore :+(

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120! Did anybody else get gains from imbuing properties over 100% success rate?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Up to 88.8 now. And I'm completely out of funds for gems. **** this.

N

Nastia Cross

Started with 40 on saturday morning, worked several hours saturday and like 2 hours sunday and i'm 89.7. Hoping to get to 100 by Friday through working about 1-2 hours each night.

zared of napa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
114.2 ;) My bowcrafter spent all night unraveling oak boards got a sweet stock pile of 20k magic residue.ok then i paid my kid to do more unraveling lol.

N

Nastia Cross

Worked for about 2-3 hours last night, including 2 half hour breaks where I wandered aimlessly in Luna (hehe) and went from 89.7-98. Turned in 50 residue and got a 105.. yay for me :thumbdown: Wish I knew how to tell which quest is for 110 (I'd love to get a 120 already but I don't have any relics let alone 50 relics to turn in? lol)

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get 500 essence and do the one on the top right 10 times, then use a scroll binder.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Finally hit 90.0. 270 gains to go (my 3.0 imbuing SoT isn't selling, so I guess I'll just use it to save a few million in resources :p)

B

Beastmaster

I hit 120 tonight. All I can say is THANK YOU TUG!

Without UOAssist, having to rely on the tools EA has given us, I would never have made it.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm still doing it by hand, just to guarantee 10 successes per item :/

B

Beastmaster

I'm still doing it by hand, just to guarantee 10 successes per item :/
From about 100 skill on I used 1 macro to make 10 or 20 small platemail jingasas. Used another to imbue the first property and cancel the imbue screen. Another to restart the imbue process on the same item and put the 2 nd property on and cancel the screen again. Then a 3rd to reopen and do the 3rd property but not cancel the screen. I then manually clicked reimbue last until I hit 10 successes. Then a final macro to unravel the item.

This way you can alter any of the 3 properties without having to redo the other 2. This becomes real important in the latter stages. The last 3-4 points I had to keep changing about every .5 points to keep the gains coming.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hit 56 today!
I won't spend more than half an hour a day on this skill. It probably will take a year until I reach GM. *shrugs* I'm not in a hurry.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From about 100 skill on I used 1 macro to make 10 or 20 small platemail jingasas. Used another to imbue the first property and cancel the imbue screen. Another to restart the imbue process on the same item and put the 2 nd property on and cancel the screen again. Then a 3rd to reopen and do the 3rd property but not cancel the screen. I then manually clicked reimbue last until I hit 10 successes. Then a final macro to unravel the item.

This way you can alter any of the 3 properties without having to redo the other 2. This becomes real important in the latter stages. The last 3-4 points I had to keep changing about every .5 points to keep the gains coming.
Awesome, I think I might try that out. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.