• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbuing this second?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aristillus

But out of ingredients and having a hell of a time getting enough to train as much as I want.

Aristillus

P

PowerFullPete

70.1 Using making daggers with dull copper/shadow hammers , unraveling and imbuing ex daggers with hit dispell, then imbuing luck till i enhance em 10 times and unravell. Seems to work ok for gains.

C

Capt.E

96.7, and I've only been training about 10 total hours. Gems are expensive, hoping to make some $$$ on soulforges now.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got to 52, lol. How the hell are you guys getting enough stuff to train it up this fast?

T

The Fallout

i'm at 61. I just hunt crap in sa with my sampire, loot everything then give to my gargoyle crafter to unravel, then have my smith make a lot of daggers and imbue luck and hit dispell on them, i gain a lot. resources are the limiting factor.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been doing that, killing mainly Navrey with my sampire, throwing everything in unravel bag, then transferring to imbuer.

G

guum

84.0 and it's slowed way the hell down. I kinda don't wanna do this anymore. ;)

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice! That's exactly where I was yesterday, it's so boring to train. But it's worth it. At 120 anyway. Which will take forever. ****.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice! That's exactly where I was yesterday, it's so boring to train. But it's worth it. At 120 anyway. Which will take forever. ****.

I'm doing just a little at a time. There is alot of other things to do. :)

G

guum

93.8 now. yay. and i spent all evening producing residue, so now I should have enough stockpiled to GM it.

Not easy on the pocketbook though...I've probably spent 1.5mil on gems alone so far.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
40.8 I am so frustrated with it already! I cant find the right thing to make so I dont fail so much and lose all my resources. :( Or something where I dont have to bump the % up to 45 ONE at a time.. GAH! I dont know of any other skill you train where it is so hard to gain at low levels and you lose all your resources everytime you fail.

G

guum

Do the imbue once then unravel method at least until 75 or so skill. Aim for a 60% success rate. Doing that, you won't have to spend any imbuing resources at all -- just gems and ingots. There's a UOA macro for automating this in the Crafting forum.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
77 and RNG has kicked my but. Following guide and already burned over 2000 residue. Lots of imbues with no gains. Working imbuing in my house (tram).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just hit 70 on Siege, so into RoT, no more gains possible till tomorrow.
80.2 on Europa.

K

Kiminality

Finally knuckled down to train this
Transferred it to a crafter, to make things to imbue/
65.6, so far.
49.1 less than 24 hours ago *failed previously*

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just got 100 last night. I unraveled a set of cursed arties to get frags for the 120 scroll. So that's where I'll pick up today. So for it has taken about 10 hours. I wouldn't say it was as easy as training smithing or tailoring but it definitely goes faster.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At 67.4 now, **** YEAH.

How the hell did you guys get so high so fast? What the **** do you do for resources?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just got 100 last night. I unraveled a set of cursed arties to get frags for the 120 scroll. So that's where I'll pick up today. So for it has taken about 10 hours. I wouldn't say it was as easy as training smithing or tailoring but it definitely goes faster.
Where are you training?
What skills are on your toon and what type of toon are you?
Are you following the training guide?

3 days and went from 50 to 77.
I made a Garg with 50 imbue and soulstoned 100 blacksmith onto him.
Took all other skills off. So I started with 150 total skill points. LOL I am up to 177 skill so far. What gives? Doing imbues that give 50 - 60 %.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know, mine is painfully slow as well, only about 70 though. I'll finish it by next year, I promise :(

G

guum

At 67.4 now, **** YEAH.

How the hell did you guys get so high so fast? What the **** do you do for resources?
Here's a big hint: go drop 1mil on a 60k commodity deed of plain iron ingots. Then go make jingasas on your GM+ smith. Then throw them in an unravel bag. Then hit the unravel option.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's a big hint: go drop 1mil on a 60k commodity deed of plain iron ingots. Then go make jingasas on your GM+ smith. Then throw them in an unravel bag. Then hit the unravel option.
OK got that. Now is it better to imbue at your house or the queens forge? Is it better to be Garg or human fro training?

T

The Fallout

How slow does it get at higher levels? I am at 65.8 and gains are pretty good for me with my strategy. Does it get insanely slow to gain?

G

guum

How slow does it get at higher levels? I am at 65.8 and gains are pretty good for me with my strategy. Does it get insanely slow to gain?
Slow enough. But it's like the master crafting skill now, so I can't imagine not maxing it. I'd say top speed in the late 90s is about 2.5 points per hour, and that's without paying heed to resources spent. There are worse skills.

T

The Fallout

So share your stratergy
I buy about 1000 citrine and amber from jewelers. I have my smith make about 80 exceptional daggers. My Sampire loots everything possible and my artificer unravels it all. So I get lots and lots of magical residue.

I then switch between adding on luck(citrine) or hit dispel(amber) Once I hit the max to get gains I unravel the dagger and move on. I am now at 68 imbuing.

EDIT: Forgot to say I keep the difficulty to Imbue at around 60.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I buy about 1000 citrine and amber from jewelers. I have my smith make about 80 exceptional daggers. My Sampire loots everything possible and my artificer unravels it all. So I get lots and lots of magical residue.

I then switch between adding on luck(citrine) or hit dispel(amber) Once I hit the max to get gains I unravel the dagger and move on. I am now at 68 imbuing.
What % chance you staying close to? I am doing 50-60% and getting a lot of imbues with no skill gains. SUXS

T

The Fallout

What % chance you staying close to? I am doing 50-60% and getting a lot of imbues with no skill gains. SUXS
About 60% but I am going to have to start imbuing dull copper runic crafted daggers because the resources cost is getting too high.

T

The Fallout

Slow enough. But it's like the master crafting skill now, so I can't imagine not maxing it. I'd say top speed in the late 90s is about 2.5 points per hour, and that's without paying heed to resources spent. There are worse skills.
Hmm thanks, it definitely is not the worst skill out there (animal taming, discord, poisoning, lockpicking) lol

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Moved up to 65.

I sticking with my concept to hunt the min champ spawns in the Abyss. Collect items that don't weight alot in a unravling bag and pass that when i'm done to my imbuer. The gold i collect from the spawn i buy gems with it to train imbuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.