• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Imbuing resources stockpile : need advice from expert imbuers...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am trying to work on stockpiling imbuing resources but am not sure what quantities are reasonably advisable.

Can any expert imbuer please kindly indicate, according to their experience, what average quantities for each imbuing resource are advisable to stock up ?

I would imagine that some modifiers using some specific resources may be most wanted or that some may fail more often thus requiring more of that given resource...
That is why I am appealing to imbuers of experience who moreless know what a good size quantity for a given imbuing resource might be.

Advisable stockpiles, for an imbuer willing to make reasonable use of the profession also for others (i.e. selling imbuing services out...).

Thanks.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look at how many resources YOU go through in a given time period (of your choice, be it a week, day, luna month...) and plan around that. It all depends on what YOU need for the skill.

For instance, I never plan to use an imbued shield so I will never use the Powdered Iron at my house. Between gems, special ingredients, and residues (and the like) there are roughly 50 items that you will need for imbuing, all of which are stackable. That said, you will never need to worry about item space at your house, so you can keep as many as YOU want.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I stockpile intentionally - aka, what I farm-

Chaga Mushrooms - anything I can squeeze luck on to, I do
Boura Pelts - because sometimes, you just don't have room for resists anywhere else...
Seeds of Renewal
Essence of Achievement and Diligence - FC/FCR for otherwise good pieces
Void Orbs
Magical Residue - duh...
Enchanted Essence - more duh...
Relic Frags - no need to explain
*LOOTED* gems - I save them all, and haven't had to buy any since hitting legendary, while still crafting multiple dozens of pieces

I keep everything, regardless of if I need it now or not.

The simple answer is, keep it all. Things stack out to 60k... it's not like they're likely to kill your secure space by keeping something you aren't using immediately.

J

[JD]

I save all looted gems I can, but still go through them and have to buy. But my imbue is low so I prolly waste more than a 120 imbuer

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I stockpile intentionally - aka, what I farm-

Chaga Mushrooms - anything I can squeeze luck on to, I do
Boura Pelts - because sometimes, you just don't have room for resists anywhere else...
Seeds of Renewal
Essence of Achievement and Diligence - FC/FCR for otherwise good pieces
Void Orbs
Magical Residue - duh...
Enchanted Essence - more duh...
Relic Frags - no need to explain
*LOOTED* gems - I save them all, and haven't had to buy any since hitting legendary, while still crafting multiple dozens of pieces

I keep everything, regardless of if I need it now or not.

The simple answer is, keep it all. Things stack out to 60k... it's not like they're likely to kill your secure space by keeping something you aren't using immediately.

Thanks.

I was more trying to figure out where to stop when building up a stockpile.....

That is, say that I set my mind to farm Chaga Mushrooms before passing onto the next resource, where do I want to stop ? At 100 ? 1,000 ? 10,000 ?

Let's say I did the Chaga Mushrooms stockpile to a "safe" level, I then set my mind to stockpile Boura Pelts.
Same question, where do I want to stop for this particular resource before passing onto the next one ? At 100 ? At 1,000 ?

Bottom line is, for an imbuer "starting the shop", what would be reasonably good quantities of the imbuing resources to put aside ?

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks.

That is, say that I set my mind to farm Chaga Mushrooms before passing onto the next resource, where do I want to stop ? At 100 ? 1,000 ? 10,000 ?

Let's say I did the Chaga Mushrooms stockpile to a "safe" level, I then set my mind to stockpile Boura Pelts.
Same question, where do I want to stop for this particular resource before passing onto the next one ? At 100 ? At 1,000 ?

Bottom line is, for an imbuer "starting the shop", what would be reasonably good quantities of the imbuing resources to put aside ?
Using Chaga Mushrooms as an example, I can't really give you an answer of when to stop - it all depends on what you want to have on your plate at any one time.

If you are planning to make, say, max luck, 100 lrc, all 70's suits for sale, you are going to need at LEAST 90 chaga mushrooms per suit - 10x6 for each armor piece, 10x2 for each jewelery slot, and 10 more for the weapon. Then you are going to have to consider fail rates at enhancing those items to get them to 140. That's completely and totally aside from having either spined leather or gold ingots on hand.

So, for any given suit I make with just that one basic (9x140) I always want to have on hand a minimum of 300 mushrooms. If I get lucky with the enhancement process, that's fewer I have to have later, but nothing I count on. You HAVE to be prepared to fail. You will be disappointed otherwise.

Boura Pelts I don't stress over as much - I have 9-10 items I can stretch resists over if I absolutely have to. I prefer not to, obviously.

And this is all subjective - it depends as much on WHO you are going to cater to as much as what you want to provide. Obviously, those that are loaded down with arties, or menpo's, or library pieces, aren't going to want the 140 pieces in a luck suit. Nor are they going to want pieces that aren't PoF'ed to 200 or better.

So my original advice still stands - stockpile as much as you can - if you get bored farming one resource, move on to another, and another, and another.

Warsong of LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks.

Well since you say you are starting a shop, why not 100 of each, it is going to take awhile (unless you play nearly all the time) some just do not sell well but I keep them all on hand, just in case. Why 100? let me put it this way. for example lets use arcane runestone, people want them, since SA release date, I have a total of about 70 (causal player here only a few days a week) but I will sell them in lots of 10 only and still have some back for personal and guild use. Also I do trade with other players to increase my stock of ones I do not normally get. But really it comes do to what you are comfortable with saving. Since you will have to put the time in farming them.

G

Gelf

Depends on shop r u selling ingredients or imbued pieces? i sell ingredients, usually my biggest seller is fairy dust, and crystal shards( i try to keep at least 200 dust in stock). as for crystal shards i try to keep at least 50 or more