• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbuing Questions

Trithemius

Visitor
I'm fairly new to the world of imbuing but steadily progressing, I yesterday created my first 100% LRC suit, my question is obviously i now want to work on resists.

Is there a simple way to create a full 70's suit , or is it down to creating a spreadsheet and doing the math so they all add up.

Am i missing some info or knowledge to achieve this

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a simple way to create a full 70's suit , or is it down to creating a spreadsheet and doing the math so they all add up.
Pretty much. Unless you are ok with numbers and can remember them all.

These days it is so easy to pickup a nice legendary armour part with max resists and use one of these in a suit you pretty much don't need to worry about imbuing resists.

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The trick to imbuing a tight suit is having all the pieces fit together so that you can get to all 70s resist w/o having to waste imbue slots on resists. I dont need a spreadsheet to do this but then again i do math for a living and listen to college level math lectures on youtube for fun.
With the advent of the superfluous amounts of legendary gear available i would advise to base your suits around one or two legendary pieces. Doing this will allow you to forego wasting imbue slots in the hunt for an all 70s suit. Thus allowing you to imbue more useful mods as per the toons requirements.
Finding legendary mage gear is easy IMO but getting dexxer gear cheaply can be a challenge. Dexxer gear that is legendary seems to be rather high priced, for Fs sake it just is.
Really in this day and age of UO, imbuing is really just a "fixer" skill. You see what is lacking in mods from the available pieces of the suit and "fix" it with an imbued piece.
I wont even get into re-forging.. Dont want to open up another can o worms...
Welcome to UO crafting!

Trithemius

Visitor
Okay made my first set the other day thought i'd share my learnings and key takeaways, im sure this wont get shared by everyone on the site.

This is an example of if you want to build a 6 piece 100% Lower Reageant Cost, 6 Mana Regeneration & Full Resist suit

I first looked at all the options and %'s so it seemed the following order was the best route

1st Imbue = LRC 5 X 17% & 1X15% (Head) I did dull copper circlet
2nd Imbue = 6x MR

I dont have a mathmatical brain like some people so created a simple SS, please find copy here

Dropbox - Imbuing

3rd Imbue = I added them all to a spreadsheet, I want to keep the maximum imbues to 4 as a worst case, to ensure i generate maximum profit so i first look at the lowest resist on each and imbue to the maximum before the rare mat is required, for resists this is around 15-19% depending on the item. Then on tab 2 of my spreadsheet i add the amount of mats required this then generates your cost. I like to keep a track of my costs right down to the cost of a single use of a sewing kit. If it helps i also change the font clolour of that Imbue so its easier to manage IE 3rd Imbue Orange, 4th Green, helps me scope out gaps.
4th Imbue = Fill gaps, don't over do it and your learn some items imbue certain resists better im still learning that, also dont over imbue if you dont need to it will cost money and if a 5th Imbue is required will reduce the sucess chance
5th Imbue = Worst case secenario if you havent filled all gaps, this will have a lower % of sucess so only use if you need too

I always track costs of fails , leather, ignots & tool usage (1gp per Hammer/Sewing Kit used.)

I made 6 this week, all coming in at about 47-52k cost if i brought eveything , Average 2 fails per suit.

Side note, you need to be a minimuim GM Arms Lore, GM Tailor (Leg Preferred) & GM Imbuing (Leg Preffered)

All prices are based on NPC Vendors for Jewels (Europa) & Player Vendors for imbue mat's & leather/ignots

Hope this helps.