• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbuing Question regarding bows.

• Thread starter Haunted Graffiti
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
H

Haunted Graffiti

I know bows can have over 15 hit chance/defense chance increase. I was wondering if I could move say 30 hit chance and defense chance from bow to another or what is the max hit chance/defense chance I can imbue onto a bow.

I want to make something like this: 50 lighting/50 velocity/30 hit chance/30 defense chance, is it possible?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you can not move from one item to another!
The max you can put on with imbue is 25 then you could enhance with yew for another 5% and 10 di ! but then you have a chance to destroy bow!
I want to make something like this: 50 lighting/50 velocity/30 hit chance/30 defense chance, is it possible?
50 lightning yes 50 velocity yes 30 hci no 30 dci no

H

Haunted Graffiti

Hrm. I think I understand now. So I could create a bow with 50 velocity, 50 lighting and 25 hit chance and then enhance it? How hard would it be to make this composite bow?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
thats 410 intensity I believe so you could do it with either 40 left over for normal or like 88 left over for exceptional (2 di to drop from 36 or 40) then you could fit 20 dci on it !(I think would have to try it)

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why can you infuse colored wood to imbued items but not add colored ore to imbued items?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Last I checked, you could enhance iron items after imbuing....

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really? So then not the other way around. Can't imbue a colored ingot item. I was confused. Thought that you couldn't at all.

good to know, thanks.

G

grandpa otis

Rt, u can't imbue items made from colored mat'l but U can enhance them after embueing,,, ,,if your're gonna be using valuable embueing ingredients(like relics) you can easily have over several mills in cost so I suggest using relatively cheap PoF on them first !!! If I foresee spending a lot of high end ingredients on a weap/armor I use PoF on it to get durability to 200-250 BEFORE I embue it, as you can't use PoF's later :)