• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Imbuing Bloodwood Armor

D

Death Adder

If you make Bloodwood armor, it comes with HPR2. Does this count as an imbuing mod? If so, it would be better to imbue first, then enhance with Bloodwood? Obviously I'm trying to make pieces with HPR4. I'm trying to craft everything ahead of time for an appointment I have with an imbuer tomorrow.

Thanks!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
yes it counts as a mod and you would have to imbu it then pof it then try to enhance and have a very good chance of destroying it!

if you enhance first it would have 2 hpr then when you tried to imbu it would just try to replace 2 with 2!

D

Death Adder

Well poop :( I'll just do it the expensive way; fortunately money is no object.

Thanks for the heads up!

D

Death Adder

FYI, if you enhance imbued armor that already has HPR2 with bloodwood, it does NOT go to HPR 4, it stays at HPR2.

Yes, I found this out the hard way. The piece was SO beautiful too... would have ROCKED with HPR4. Had to totally rework my suit concept away from wood and back to leather. Ended up with only 12 HPR instead of 18, ah well :(

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I worked a couple pieces both in blood and heartwood(hci, dmg) till I noticed what missing the passive mana regen was like. That said you can make some smoking items if your willing to forgo the mage armor.

D

Death Adder

I worked a couple pieces both in blood and heartwood(hci, dmg) till I noticed what missing the passive mana regen was like. That said you can make some smoking items if your willing to forgo the mage armor.
I plugged the (extremely complicated) mana regen equation given by the devs last week in Dev Forum into a spreadsheet, and discovered my mana regen rate is only about 3/sec less with non-meddable armor (1.2 mana/sec vs. .9 mana/sec with my setup). I thought that was a decent tradeoff for an additonal .6 hp/sec. But it's academic anyway 'cause my plan didn't work. Strange that you can enhance crafted or looted HPR2 armor to HPR4, but not imbued armor. Oh well, my suit is still absolutely devastating -- took it to Yew Gate and promptly starting whooping on 3 oranges (had to run 'cause I forgot to set a few macros, but I was kicking major tail until I got disarmed):

Armor/Clothes/Talisman/Jewelry Setup
67/70/70/70/70
LMC 40
MR 10
HPR 12
HP +24
Str +21
Dex +5
Reflect Physical 81
HCI 55
DCI 60
DI 52
Reactive Paralyze

Leafblade
50 HLD
50 Fireball
50 Stam Leech
30 SSI
10 DI

Ring
15 Anatomy
15 HCI
15 DCI
5 SSI
14 Cold

Brace
15 HCI
15 DCI
22 DI
8 LMC
9 Poison

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to make the pieces out of regular wood then imbue hpr2 onto them. THEN you enhance with BW to make the HPR4 pieces. Very expensive way to go though due to very high failure rate on the enhance.

D

Death Adder

You have to make the pieces out of regular wood then imbue hpr2 onto them. THEN you enhance with BW to make the HPR4 pieces. Very expensive way to go though due to very high failure rate on the enhance.
Yeah, that's what I did and it doesn't work. The HPR2 from the bloodwood just overwrites the imbued HPR2. I did get the bloodwood resists added, but it did NOT go to HPR4. So I wasted some time and gold on a wood piece -- hopefully no one else does.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, that's what I did and it doesn't work. The HPR2 from the bloodwood just overwrites the imbued HPR2. I did get the bloodwood resists added, but it did NOT go to HPR4. So I wasted some time and gold on a wood piece -- hopefully no one else does.
Testing things on the test shard is the way to go. People forget its available all the time.

I verified what you said is correct. I imbued an item with 1 HPR and then enhanced with bloodwood, many trials, and it went to 2 HPR meaning it didn't stack.

I logged into the EC and submitted a bug report.

-Lorax

D

Death Adder

Testing things on the test shard is the way to go. People forget its available all the time.

I verified what you said is correct. I imbued an item with 1 HPR and then enhanced with bloodwood, many trials, and it went to 2 HPR meaning it didn't stack.

I logged into the EC and submitted a bug report.

-Lorax
I would have tested had I any doubt. But I've made HPR4 pieces before so I thought I understood the system.

GJ on the bug report.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im not sure what you guys are doing, but i can make and imbue regular wood armor with hpr 1 and enhance to hpr 3 all day. I've almost finished growing plants for the seeds to do hpr 4 attempts but im not counting on any successful enhances due to how many failures i have just enhancing hpr 3 on pieces.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just retested it after my last post and the others are correct. Enhancing now will only give the normal hpr2 and not stack anymore than that. Must of been a change with the last patch cause i made an entire hpr suit before this patch (good thing i did).

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just posted this on UOHall as iv noticed a change since the patch to imbue "special material", there is an invisbale cap now...

Iv just tried to make a tunic [same way i made my gloves]. I make a leather tunic, imbue 19 fire resist onto it, enhance it with barbed leather to get the fire resist up above 21 [same as i did with my gloves]. To then add everything else i need BUT!!

Iv just tried it 18 times [ 11 broke!!! Even with such lol mods!!!] and all of the ones that worked have 20 fire resist... Has it been changed and capped at 20? OR have i just been extreamly unlucky to only get the fire resist adding 1 from the enhance?? As with my gloves [exactually the same method] every pair that worked bumped the 19 fire upto at least 21, i didnt have 1 pair that only gained 1 fire resist, and it was the 3rd pair that also got the 2 resist bonus i needed on energy aswell as the fire.

Anyone else noticed this "invisable cap" when imbuing then enhancing since the change that allowed us to imbue any post patch "special material" item?

Thanks

Thunderz