• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] imbue wooden shield with frostwood

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
hi,

when i imbue a wooden shield with Frostwood it will get SC right?

will it get -1 FC or just SC with no -1

thx

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you enhance it you will get the SC but also -1 FC. You need to imbue FC1 then enhance to get SC with no negative.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
there is no imbuing possible on this monster :D

i will post a pc later...

its around:
SoulCharge 30
Damag Eater 15
Int 5
Mana 5
4hp reg
1 stam reg
4 manareg
4lmc

can FC be below 0? as i use it with protection.... so its 0 when prot is on

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I see its a loot item. Yeah if running in protection don't worry about the -1

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
iam wondering at all as i read that protection make -2 FC,
so theoretically i dont need to put any on the jewls for this pvm necro then at all or do i need at least 1 to negate the -1 from shield?

iam not so firm in mage stuff do you have more detail here?

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With protection or anything you can only end up at fc zero... Meaning you can't go lower then no fast cast.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
so i can carry the FC-1 shield and its no issue even if the armor got NO FC at all,

i found an old stratics atable where it shows also -1 and -2 fc with more seconds for casting a spell

thx

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think you two are looking at the same picture from opposite sides, and confusing yourselves over whose left is right...

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Tuan please help us :)

i got a PVM char planned, it will have 6FCR but FC 0 (due to protection which will remove my FC anyhow)
the shield i plan to user obviousely got -1FC as there is no room for imbuing +FC1

in the end (with shild and protection), do i now have 0 or -1FC ?
if i got -1FC caused by the shield i need to put on +1 FC on a jewl right?

thx

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
thx :) thats what i need!

this means i will spend the 4mil for the ForgedMetal charge and use this monster :grin:

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
You FOR SURE can have - FC (which makes your spells take longer than naked). Go get screamed at by the bard masters in blackthorns, which give like FC -5 as a penalty ... and then watch it take you 5 seconds to cast close wounds. This happens to me all the time. I wear 0 FC, get howled at, and then it takes a VERY noticeable longer time to cast my Chiv spells. It isn't that FC can only go negative for mage spells, for instance.

If your suit has 0 FC, then you put on a shield with FC -1, I believe that your character will take longer to cast spells than without the shield. Since it is only .25s it would be quite difficult to keep track of this with a stopwatch, but I bet that you could programmatically prove this fairly easily.

The only way my statement would not be true were if there was a difference between the FC floor for items vs affects.

Perhaps it would be noticeable if you put on a FC-1 shield and an FC -1 weapon, which would make your castings a fill .5s slower.