• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Im sure this has been done before but where did you get your characters name(s)?

• Thread starter Haddo MacBaren
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

<blockquote><hr>

which I latched onto from watching Sailor Moon eps (the person who mentioned the Hercules tv series, and the using SG-1 names and a Farscape name should feel no shame

<hr></blockquote>
*grin* Thank you.

Petra - your char names are awesome. i got a big laugh out of them.

K

King_Matea

I usually get names for my chars from what's happening around me or the world at the time..since Im absolutely not creative at all..

Oceania:
King Matea--have a friend named Matt and we were talkin about spanish chicks that night. As one walked down my street he called her over and said "Ill you so good you'll call me King Matea"...Was funnier at the time. Figher Char.

Othello--My first char ever in UO. Went through many template changes, but finally became my Mule. Sorta obvious where I got his name..duno what made me think of it.

Miss Jackson--Im a big fan of OutKast and that song was popular when I created her. I needed a tamer and have always felt that female chars look better leading a bunch of animals around than male chars do...

Nino Brown--Just finished watching New Jack City on tv. When the movie went off I just thought it'd make a good name for a "trouble causing" char...went from dexxer to heal/mage...tried pvp on Oceania but 250ms ping+pvp just don't work /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Sir Poopsalot--Old char, stupid name...was deleted. Way too much Beavis and Butthead /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif Old Provo/Mage..nothin like seein Lord Sir Poopsalot :/

Toxicity--Was on a System of a Down trip for some reason. Duno why I don't really like that kind of music..but at any rate this char took the place of Poops.

Denali--Love Yukon Denali's. New provo/archer when I started my second acct.

Kaluminatti--From Tupac..Axer that I never finished.

FUBU--Tailor...kept seein Tommy Hilfiger and the such...didn't figure anyone would have any FUBU clothes and armor..so I made this char.

Great Lakes:

Melody--Another tamer (another female tamer) I had started to cause problems with people on Great Lakes when I was bored. People seem to trust female chars with plain names better than others /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif When I started GL full time I was too poor to buy regs for a new mage and since I had already GMed magery on this char I decided to keep her for when I could afford regs and all that. Went from tamer to heal/mage. Still have her very old mare that I got her way back...it's about a year and a half old. Maybe older. I play this character more than any other.

Kaluminatti--copy of my other Kal on Oceania.

Orphans--Mule...just wanted to see "Made By Orphans" on exceptional quality items.

Big Boi--Bard/Archer..another OutKast name.

God--PK i made before pub 16. Thought it be funny to see "God is attacking you!". Completely unscrolled dexxer that isn't worth a now since he's not scrolled. Unscrolled dexxers don't have a chance :/

Woody Hayes--Decided I needed a pk mage. Im a huge Ohio State fan and since they had just won....THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP woot :p I decided id name him that. I almost named him Maurice Clarrett but I had just gotten back from seeing the OSU campus and the Horseshoe (football stadium, Buckeye Fan's Shrine) on X-mas vacation. I live in Arkansas now so visiting the campus and going inside the empty stadium was really something awesome for me. Woody Hayes is one of the most famous college football coaches of all time..coached OSU way back before most of you...and a bit before I was born.

Bimbo Biggins--Sorta like Bilbo Baggins but I refuse to go with any trend in naming my chars. Was once a well known thief on GL and since I knew she wasn't going to be liked I figured Bimbo would fit...and Biggins you can use your imagination on /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif I still keep her around because she was once my most enjoyable character and im hoping one day OSI will see how bad they ****ed us over and make her usable again. Lots of fun memories with her /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

Necrowanker--was going to be my necro until I saw how lame and pathetic Necro actually is. There was (is?) a guy on Oceania named Necromancer that was a dip**** and I used to always call him Necrowanker to get on his nerves. Figured it'd fit for a necro when they put in the skill finally...wish they'd left it out. Such a lame ass cheap skill.

HOLY I have a lot of damned characters. Probably too many :/ Anyways, that's how I got every single one of my names..with the exception of one dexxer I have on GL now. I sorta stole his name from a guy i sorta knew on Oceania. He posts too much on these boards and I don't really wanna listen to his about stealing his name and for the reason i created a char with the name /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

Atheryn

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, here are my characters.

Ariel About 12 years ago, when my only computer was a Commodore 64, I discovered a game called "Ultima V" in a computer shop. It became my absolutely most favourite game. Given that it was a fantasy roleplaying game, I wanted to create a character with a fitting name - so I started searching for inspiration. At the time, I was interested in astronomy and had been reading through a book on the subject. I started flipping through the pages and found information on the moons of Uranus - one of which is named "Ariel". I liked the sound of the name so much that I decided to use it as my character name. It wasn't until a few years later when "The Little Mermaid" was released that I discovered it was a feminine name /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif Oh well. I still like the name, and still associate it with my very male character from Ultima V. So I still use the name to this day in Ultima Online. Although, I pronounce it differently from the female version - I pronounce it as A(as in at)-ree-elle, as opposed to Air-ee-al. My version sounds more like a random french Musketeer /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Atheryn This name was my own creation. I've got to admit, of all of my character names, this is my most original and most favourite /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Elimir I created this name also, although it was somewhat inspired by The Lord of the Rings (Boromir, Faramir...)

Blackadder I borrowed this name from the English comedy series "Blackadder", starring Rowan Atkinson at his finest. Of all of the comedy TV series put out by England, Blackadder has always been my favourite /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

...and finally,

Gimli Obviously, I borrowed this directly from The Lord of the Rings. If only we could make Dwarvish characters in UO...

M

Mr. Meanor

Mr. Meanor - (Misdemeanor) came from an old cartoon called cops. For the life of me I cant remember any of the names of the other mob guys in thier gang. I wish I could.. I'd Put together a guild called PWA (Problem with Authority) hehe

Bod Mortigon - Straight ripoff, altered Mad Martigon.. er was it Mardigon? *shrugs* dont matter... Oh and Way (3 years) before Bulk order deeds.

Gath Bail - NO F'ING CLUE! considerd the name change deed for this guy. Naw.. =) It was actually a warriors name in a book called the Death Dealer, The name was actually Gath of Baal. Bad Choice tho! This one dude kept calling me Garth. sheesh

An'Drakka - A friend of mine knew of this one from a book or a game. The original spelling is Endraka Moon I beleive, but I altered it a lil.

Valik - Rippoff (Valek) from that Movie "Vampires"&lt;-? The one where they shot the vampires from outside of the house with a big ole arrow with a rope on it (I've Been up a while here) and drug them out into the sunlight where they burned to death. This guy was way evil so naturally he's my Dread Necro character that I evil RP... &gt;=] fun

B

Binah

Binah Hokhmah(Mage/Healer) is Hebrew for Wisdom Understanding. (From the Kabalah)
Breshneth,(Bard/Macer/Female) from the same source mean Beauty.
Malcouth means roughly Earthy.

The rest are gone now, Playing SWG.

D

DisEnchantress

well, as a female player there are things we have to deal with that men don't. The opposite is true as well, I'm sure, but I can't speak on that. When I first started playing uo... guys were really nice to me, gave me things, took me hunting, taught me stuff... and then expected me to be... "cyber/physically" affectionate in return. When I turned them down they got all pissy and called me names. I quickly became "disenchanted" with this.. in RL as well.. .it's the reason I don't go to bars anymore.

so anyways.. that's where my name came from.

P

psychopathII

PanterA : the band
The god of war: chose it for the crafting title. "crafted by the god of war" instead of crafted by god of war.
boromir: lord of the rings
Wicked: dont know
Alicia: girlfriends character
Sic: slipknot song
SMURF: smurfs own! a village of smurfs could easily take on a wizard and his cat any day of the week and theyve proven that many times.
Bob: I figures since there was over 50 bobs already on the shard I should have one too.

I

imported_Grayshadow

<blockquote><hr>

SMURF: smurfs own! a village of smurfs could easily take on a wizard and his cat any day of the week and theyve proven that many times.

<hr></blockquote>

You, my friend, are truly a psychopath. More power to you /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif.

Oh - an addendum to my post waaaaaaaaay back on page one: I created another character last night, a ranger - name of Drake Moonwind. Took me awhile to come up with it, but the imagination wins out again. *Thinks that, eventually, I'll have to dig out my notebook of AD&amp;D characters and either use the names for myself, or sell 'em to people that think being the 100th "Gandalf" or "Raistlin" on a shard is a good thing.*

G

<blockquote><hr>

or sell 'em to people that think being the 100th "Gandalf" or "Raistlin" on a shard is a good thing.

<hr></blockquote>

I've kind of resigned myself to their existence, along with the innevitable "Gandaf" and "Raislin". The thing that weirds me out is the percentage of those that are fencers or something instead of mages.

Anyone notice a severe drop-off in the number of Drizz'ts in the last year or so?

F

Fig

Fig = soft squishy fruit

Lia = Random

Om = Taken From Small gods (Terry Pratchett), was a great omnipitant god who only had one believer but came back to have many.

Black Nightshade = started as a theif hence black, nightshade because i played UO before and its kind of bad.

Pierre Cardin = wanted 7xGm Mule with a designer name /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Z

Zircon Jenva

The name was taken from an AD&amp;D char.

Zircon Jenva.

It just kinda had that ring to it that I was looking for.

Thus I/He were born /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

I

imported_Grayshadow

<blockquote><hr>

Anyone notice a severe drop-off in the number of Drizz'ts in the last year or so?

<hr></blockquote>

Hmmm... I do believe you're right. I used to see 'em all over the place (including several claiming that they were the originals on LS), but now? I saw one a couple of weeks ago, but that's it.

P

Phroggz

Phroggz was a nickname I picked up years ago on my high school track team. Since then Ive got the vanity plate "PHROGG" and a tattoo on my leg, of a frog.

character names came mostly out of the blue:
Augustus flavius: tamer mage - totally made up
Yurian Stonebow: melee - from Robert Jordans series
Bobo Ithyliri: necro/mage - named in homage to my very first UO character over 5 years ago Bobo the Clown
Craftables Inc: uber-mule - made just prior to multiskilled craftable items
Shiara darkheart: melee/mage totally random name
valyra dark heart: thief - shiaras evil sister

V

Vipralion

My main's name, Vipralion, came from what I made up before that, Viperion. Viperion just didn't sound really mystical or anything to me so I changed it to Vipralion. I love that name. Use it for everything. Everyone just calls me Vip.

My Paladin is Vilannia. Wanted her to be a very very good friend of Vipralion and to have a similar name. She's called Vilan for short.

My Necro is Scyrion. (Seer e on) GOt it from a name in greek mythology. Sciron, a robber who made people lick his feet or clean them then threw them into the ocean. Something like that. He's evil.

My bard is Alia. Was watching the Dune series on SciFI and liked this name so it stuck. Want her to have a personality like the character ALia in Dune.

My crafter is Draco Fortalion. Saw some cool names that had first and last names and wanted one for myself. I really don't like this name for some odd reason. Like the last part but I don't think it pairs with Draco very well.

I really like the name Kylie and would love to have one of my future chars named that. Thinkin about changing Alia to Kylie. Maybe.

And all of my chars have their own special and unique personalities. I like doing that. Its fun and interesting. VIpralion has an ever changing personality. Hard to tell what he's like at all. Want him to seem mystical. Vilannia is a virtuous and noble lady who'll do what it takes to rid the world of evil. Scyrion is just plain evil. He's mean and stuff. Evil too! ALia is I already said. Draco just wants to serve. Mainly want him to be a sort of servant to my good friend Lil Dawg who got me started in UO. He's done so much for me that I just had to do something so I am making Draco a sort of 'servant' to Lil Dawg. He'll do anything for LD.

WEll, I love creating my own unique names thus my chars names. I can just come up with unique names easily.

Like my future WW (not high enough taming yet) will be Auros. My drake's name is Furien. I had an imp. never planned on having one so I made one up in mere seconds. I liked it too. Plan on using it still. Aurienmios. I just love that. Sounds cool.

Well, that's all I got.

Vipralion, Mystical Sorcerer and Tamer of Beasts.

G

Alarialle, Anjeline, and Alysanne Lancre: 3 mage sisters, Alarialle and Anjeline were names I used elsewhere for chars, and the other sister's name just happened to start with A. It sounded like it went well with their last name.

Mari: my fisher, she's the main Basque goddess, and my father's side is Basque.

Kiele Nalani: Hawaiian for "heavenly gardenia", my favorite flower and Hawaiian for my mother's side.

Treasure and Summer: my crafter and my gatherer...no real reason I gave them those names. They fit their chars well.

Mouse: my thief, named after my last cat because she was so playful and silly and always getting into trouble, and that's how I play Mouse.

Ivy Winterbane: my not-so-nice dungeon mistress, just sounded like a nice evil name.

Selkie, Aisling, and Druis Grian Re: 3 sisters, the names are all Scottish/Gaelic.

La Petite Fleur: she used to be my gardener (fleur=flower), but she's now just a warrior.

J

Jaimes

I got Aeyes from Aegis.
Um.. Fistandantilus (yeah I know it's unoriginal)
Theod Radclif. Say Radclif on an NPC's name (lol!) and Theod was made-up.
KuKu - assassin (not fully made, he will be a 'good' assassin though)
Jarek - I derived it from James. Found out it was already a name!
Archyon - Sounded cool. Made up.

I

imported_Samwise

My first character's name was Rizzo on Great Lakes. I got that name from a Chevy dealer. I thought it sounded like a good name for a mage.

On Drachenfels, I named another mage Rizzo. I also had a scribe named piers on DF after the author Piers Anthony. I also have a miner on DF named Orrin Mishovel.

I started a third RizzO on Baja and he is a bard/mage. Since I was the GM of a guild there, I wanted to make it easy for members to recognize my other characters. So I made a treasure hunter named T H Rizzo, a tamer named A T Rizzo, and a lumberjack named L J Rizzo.

Whatever you do, do not name two characters the same name on one shard. It screws up your macros and settings each time you switch between characters.