• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I'm sick of being green!!

• Thread starter Little Sadie
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
L

Little Sadie

I swear those brrgh tasks are too darn hard for us lowly 55 laffers. I need to get 2 alibis from legal eagles and an electronic keyboard from legal eagles. I've gone into 3 buildings this am that have had a few legals in each one. It never fails that the toons I am with kill me on the last floor!! I have went sad more on this toon in the last two days then I have on my uber ever! I am sick and tired of toons that don't know what they are doing!!!! :cursing:

F

Flippers

Stop tasking.

Work up your gags.

You'll find it to your advantage.

When starting a new toon, many seasoned players will set gag level goals for themselves. They'll take a break from tasking to work up a new gag to a certain point, then continue. Those already wary of what's to come will often have cream pie before starting MML, max birthday cake and obtain cloud by the end of The Brrgh...

Personally I try to have strong cream pie and any kind of hose by the end of MML, along with trumpet or aoogah and blue magnet close to $10. My easiest time of course was when Kertruffle maxed her throw and squirt before starting her tasks. If you have Bday Cake by the time you get to the first LOM task, you don't bat an eye over level 8 cogs.

L

Little Sadie

I've been working gags and just started tasking again. It figures the two tasks I get both concern legal eagles. My gags still need work though. I have megaphone, $5 bill, cream pie, hose, and 200 more to get my elephant. I had my cream pie before going to MM too as I hate that deliver a pie to Cleff task. I really want to get my magnet and ele but just got tired of working gags. Between working them on my uber and this toon it got to be boring. Oh well, green is kind of pretty. LOL!

F

Flippers

LOL you dont sound all that green. But consider it a good thing that you have two tasks with Eagles. Killing two birds with one stone literally :)

Take the help, but try to steel yourself some time on alto and lure/sound some cogs for a while.

Z

ZippyW

How did they kill you? What were their laff/skill levels? I think most toons in the 50-laff range are still learning; otherwise, why divide the maxed toons from the non-maxed ones at the boss runs? Maybe you are taking on buildings that are too big?

L

Little Sadie

How did they kill you? What were their laff/skill levels? I think most toons in the 50-laff range are still learning; otherwise, why divide the maxed toons from the non-maxed ones at the boss runs? Maybe you are taking on buildings that are too big?
Well, I'm sure they are learning but still they should go with the group. Lawbots are kind of big so 4 and 5 stories have big cogs. I get these toons in there that want to work their bugles, whistles, and aogahs on level 11 cogs. None of us have decent toon up so when 4 level 10 and 11s hit, those feathers and megaphones just aren't going to bring you back up to laff.

Then you have the ones that want to do a different cog then the rest of us and continue to wake one up instead of helping us kill one. I need 4 stories so the buildings aren't that big.

I try not to judge on laff and hope for the best that they are working second or higher toons. Silly me. LOL! I am low laff on this toon but I have 3 other toons that are over 100 laff so have some experience. By the looks of the ones I went with today though, they are inexperienced.

I just decided to work gags with friends again. I got my elephant and am only 70 points from lipstick. Don't even want to think how far I am from the big magnet. I'll look for more eagles once I get my lipstick. LOL!

L

Little Sadie

Thanks everyone. I'm just going to forgo those evil eagles for the time being. LOL! I'm going to get better gags instead.

F

Flippers

Consider helping toons hugging the sides of bldgs. It breaks the monotony while working up the gags. Remember Eagles can be in 2 level bldgs too ;)

L

Little Sadie

Whohoo! I got all 3 eagles! A LE invasion started, lucky me, and I was able to get two alibis and a keyboard. I got them on the street and only had to go through 5 of eagles to get them.:danceb:

Flippers, what exactly are toons hugging sides of buildings anyway? :D

And sorry Kendra. I got booted as I was task hunting. I just figured I'd stay off a while now and make dinner.

Z

ZippyW

I thought of you yesterday when I was going by a toon who said that she needed those legal eagles and would I help her. I did 3-4 level-4 buildings with her, and she STILL didn't have them by the end, even with 2-3 eagles in each building!! My good deed for the day didn't help her much!

F

Flippers

I thought of you yesterday when I was going by a toon who said that she needed those legal eagles and would I help her. I did 3-4 level-4 buildings with her, and she STILL didn't have them by the end, even with 2-3 eagles in each building!! My good deed for the day didn't help her much!
Got better gags.

wtg Sadie ;) and I had a feeling those were the tasks you needed!

So who needed the platform shoes?

L

Little Sadie

Got better gags.

wtg Sadie ;) and I had a feeling those were the tasks you needed!

So who needed the platform shoes?
I needed those shoes too yesterday. I did a vp last night and got them. Funny thing is that it showed I got them after the cog rounds but before the pie round. I would have thought it would have waited til I was dancing at winning the vp before it showed I got them. Anyway, that was the easiest way to get those shoes! Now I have tasks for cogs and buildings anywhere. Love those kind of tasks!

S

soupandquackers

flippers replied "got better gags" meaning you helped that person get the gag exp up.

Z

ZippyW

Oh, okay! I see! I didn't understand because I thought he was saying the toon got better gags, not thinking about points, and they didn't get the next gag up with me!!