• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lock Picking] i'm not crazy...

• Thread starter baileybaileys
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

baileybaileys

Updated: finally, don't know what it was, but all is well...

looking for advice...

I am unable to gain skill in lock picking. The following conditions are in affect...

1) I purchased my lockpicking skill up to 25.0 from 0.0 via a tinker.
2) I have many skills set to down, some skills locked, and lockpicking set to up.
3) I am at 643 total skill points.
4) I have waited significant amounts of time, moved on to other skills and came back to lockpicking.
5) No matter what chest I pick, public lockpicking house, vesper bank, and despise, I do NOT gain a single point in lockpicking.
6) I should not just be gaining on virtually any chest, but I should be gaining in .2 chunks.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
your skill is too low for the chests you are picking, you will gain eventually but it will take days to get to 30....you need to find a thief guild master from another town and buy till 30.

Other wise you need to buy 30 tinkering and put it on your carpenter and have him make locked boxes.

Once you are over 30 lp you will be able to gain on most spawn chests or 50 skill locked boxes.

But gains are never at .2, they are at .1!

If you haven't built a tinker now is a good time to train the skill.

Buy 30 tinkering and add it to your carpenter. When you need 50 skill lvl boxes, train tinkering to 50.
When you need 70 skill lvl boxes, train tinkering again...etc

A few locked boxes at each lvl is all you need. All the way up to gm lvl boxes....which will train you to 95.00.

Now Keep your old boxes in a box and keep them labelled so you know which are which....you will want to know which boxes were made by a 70 skill tinker after you get to 95.

B

baileybaileys

Yep, that was the problem. At 25.0 skill it is tough to find anything I can pick for gain. I finally found a thief guildmaster and everything started rolling. Next time, I'll just build a character starting at 50 magery/50 locks instead of adding locks to an existing character.