• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I'm Looking For Some Help

U

uoBuoY

At the moment it is very difficult for me to play UO and in a few months I won't be able to play at all due to failing eyesight. All my trusted friends have moved on to other games. So I'm looking for an honest, good person to dispose of my UO stuff for me. A guild that supports new players would also be agreeable.

I'm not selling anything. It's all to be given away to newcomers, worthy people, support the zoo...generally causes that would help Baja grow.

I have 2 well developed 9 year accounts and 1 undeveloped account. All have 18x18s and lots and lots of stuff.

I you want to take on this job and you have good references, reply in this thread. If you can recommend someone of good repute, again, reply in this thread. I am hoping the good people of Baja will help me find the right person for this task.

I'm going to miss UO and Baja so please help me exit gracefully.

Thank you

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
very generous of you, hope it all goes to good homes.
good luck to you uoBuoy, my prayers are with you sir. :)

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Friend,

I shall begin by asking God for a miracle concerning your vision.

Sara of Baja, whose other names I wont mention w/o permission knows the needs of many, and is held in high regard by many, myself included.

I know others, Bucko the Kid and Sally of C@S and still others.

I know not who may be willing and I cannot speak for others.

I know Dar of TOT (very well) and know none to be more honest or ethical. I know him well enuff to say he would do all in thy bidding.

I hope you end up able to remain among us. Or able one future day to return.

May God Bless and Keep you. Thank you for being so king, generous, and thoughtful,

An SoS

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry to hear this. Good luck to you and maybe the big fellow upstairs will smile on you.

Lets not forget Sara (TAO) who runs a vendor for the zoo in luna or The Baja Roleplaying & Event Alliance or WildStar (DWN) just to name a few more.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a terrible thing about your eyesight. I had glasses since I was very young and I've always hated them so very much, until I got them laser'd. I'm assuming your problem isn't something that a quick laser eye treatment can fix, but I do understand the pain and frustration of poor eyesight.

The names listed here are great, and I could name some more myself, but I just wanted to point out that the way you've chosen to handle this shows some real character. It's a shame Baja is going to be losing your company.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have the time to do this, but there are so many sweet and helpful people on Baja I'm sure you'll find a good trustee to pass your things along.

I hope your eyesight issues are not part and parcel of any other health conditions! Good luck to you, whatever happens.

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's hard to know how to reply to a post like this UoBouy. To see someone going through something so tragic yet motivated to do something so thoughtful and selfless truly is a blessing to the community.

I endorse Sally of C@S and both Saras. I thank you for your giving as prayers of strength and peace are offered up on your behalf.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's hard to know how to reply to a post like this UoBouy. To see someone going through something so tragic yet motivated to do something so thoughtful and selfless truly is a blessing to the community.

I endorse Sally of C@S and both Saras. I thank you for your giving as prayers of strength and peace are offered up on your behalf.
Airhaun was able to succinctly state what many of us felt when we read your post.

If you decide to pick someone to dispose of your items for the benefit of Baja, I would like to suggest that you pick a 'team'. I implicitly trust WildStar, Bucko, Sally, Sara [SI], Oriana, Ayassa and some others who I know can and will work together to uphold your wish, 'It's all to be given away to newcomers, worthy people, support the zoo...generally causes that would help Baja grow.'

If you were to ask me and the others you might pick as team members agreed, I would be more than happy to be a part of the team. Something the magnitude of what you're suggesting here should be in the hands of more than one person.

B

Bucko the Kid

It is indeed hard to find the right words to say. My heart goes out to you.

I will volunteer for the team if those listed are on the team. I think Lady Sara came up with a good cross section of people who would act honorably on your behalf as well as Baja's.

Your kindness and thoughtfulness will not be forgotten.

Yours in Service,

Bucko the Kid

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the team idea, then everyone on the team can come up with different ways to distribute the loot, so to speak. Make it kind of a fun thing that way. Me, I would do random stuff like take a ghost mount to luna and reward the first person to pet rez, or have an impromptu trivia session. Maybe stealth around the abyss and drop stuff at people's feet when they beat a renowned. Stuff like that.

U

uoBuoY

I am really touched by the feelings you all have expressed. I just didn't expect that. Still have a lump in my throat. Thank you all for your support and aid in my project.

I too like the team idea. I don't know any of these players personally but I do recognize their names and I have a good impression based on their posts.

Sara of Baja
Bucko the Kid and Sally of C@S
Dar of TOT
Sara (TAO)
Oriana
Ayassa
Sarsmi

Is this a good list? Who on the list is willing to help?

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's an excellent list! I have seen random acts of kindness by each and every one of these characters. I have also known some of them for quite some time and have yet to see them take something that isn't theirs. They're beautiful people with good souls.

uoBuoY, I pray that if I'm ever facing something as you are, that I'll have an attitude that's just as positive as yours. You are a true example of living what my 'signature' means. God bless you and thank you for your kind and giving nature. *deep curtsy*

Sally_Elena

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello uoBuoY,
I would be glad to help you anyway I can with your UO items. Teams sounds like a great idea! There are many great people on Baja Shard who I am guessing would be willing to help! Also, I give you my hope and wish you the best of luck! Thank you =)!

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am really touched by the feelings you all have expressed. I just didn't expect that. Still have a lump in my throat. Thank you all for your support and aid in my project.

I too like the team idea. I don't know any of these players personally but I do recognize their names and I have a good impression based on their posts.

Sara of Baja
Dar of TOT
Sara (TAO)
Oriana
Ayassa
Sarsmi

Is this a good list? Who on the list is willing to help?
I am willing to help .... I'm Sara (TAO), and Sara of Baja.

The other Sara should read Sara (SI). It's a common mistake, and if I'm going to be confused for someone else, I'm glad it's Sara (SI). :)

Another person to consider on the team would be Mama Faith ... I doubt there's anyone in all of UO that has an unkind word to say about her. Her actions are always above reproach; and she never fails to bring fresh perspective to any situation.

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Dear Friend(s)

I am able to answer for Dar (TOT) and he humbly agrees to be included. And I am also able to give a thumbs up to all on thy list, and for Mama Faith were she able and willing to join the "team."

Let us know your choices and how we may contact you on Baja to begin carrying out thy requests.

You are a wonderful example of why Baja is the place that it is, and why so many of us could never imagine living elsewhere in Sosaria.

God continue to Bless and Keep Thee,

An SoS

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thank you for your kind words and want you to know they're appreciated. Unfortunately, my time with UO will be limited once the weather in WY starts to warm up. We're planning to get our house ready to sell and most of the labor will fall on me. Granted, I'm not complaining because I love that kind of work but I may not be available ingame as much as I'd like. You have a great team idea going there and it would've been an honor to work with all of you.

Sarsmi had a great idea in having different random events that the team could put together...treasure hunts, naked dungeon crawls (those are always hilarious), raffles, tournaments....the list is huge. All of this could be done in uoBuoY's honor and the events named after him, if he approves. I'm sure none of you want it to be too complicated but I also know that each of you love to have fun in the game. What better way to say "thank you" and "Godspeed" to uoBuoY than by having fun as a shard and his knowing that he made it possible. What a blessing. *curtsy*

U

uoBuoY

Again, thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts and offers of help.

...I'm sure none of you want it to be too complicated but I also know that each of you love to have fun in the game...
Absolutely have fun with this. UO provided me with almost 10 years of much fun and challenge. I can only hope my stuff can contribute to a little more fun and challenge for others.

For now, this is the team if they will participate:

Sara (SI)
Dar of TOT
Oriana
Ayassa
Sarsmi

If the team members could please pm me with an email address, I will send some spreadsheets I have describing my accounts. When I'm no longer able to play, I will have a dear friend email the logins and passwords.

My doctors say I should be able to play UO for 1-2 months. So end of May or June. but I wanted to set this up while I am still able.

Thank you

G

Give'R The Onion

I would like to nominate myself to help you disclose of your assets. Of course this means it would be dealt with by Sara of Baja as without her, i can not even control my own UO account.

Anyhow, miss all you guys and hope to see you very soon. I shall make a return shortly.

Onion of Cartel

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to nominate myself to help you disclose of your assets. Of course this means it would be dealt with by Sara of Baja as without her, i can not even control my own UO account.

Anyhow, miss all you guys and hope to see you very soon. I shall make a return shortly.

Onion of Cartel
You better get back soon ... before I'm unable to resist the urge to sort, smelt, recycle ... and otherwise clean up your house and lockdown space for you. Or, even worse, decide you need a new house and just move your stuff! Uffda tells me that logging in to a new house and not knowing you own it is rather confusing. ;)

B

Bucko the Kid

You better get back soon ... before I'm unable to resist the urge to sort, smelt, recycle ... and otherwise clean up your house and lockdown space for you. Or, even worse, decide you need a new house and just move your stuff! Uffda tells me that logging in to a new house and not knowing you own it is rather confusing. ;)

Oooohhh.. This sounds like fun.. and ya know.. being the helpful person I am, let me help you! I'm sure the furniture needs dusting off and rearranging too.

As always,
Yours in Service,

Bucko the Kidder

War Wizard

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep your spirits up my friend, a few years ago I went through a similar situation.... I lost my eye sight due to Diabetes. Well after some surgery and some luck I have full vision in one eye and "good enough" vision in the other. Don't give up yet.

lil debi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep your spirits up my friend, a few years ago I went through a similar situation.... I lost my eye sight due to Diabetes. Well after some surgery and some luck I have full vision in one eye and "good enough" vision in the other. Don't give up yet.
Good to hear you have bounced back. :thumbup1: Rip kept me posted when you were away for a while soon after I lost touch with Rip.

I understand your battle all too well. :)

Sally_Elena

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want to suggest for the people who are willing to help uoBuoy with the items, that we should gather on UO soon to talk about what is going to happen and how we want to do this with the items, also any other important things we can think of, and that we should have some kind of communication between us all when this happens. But it's just and idea if you guys would like to gather or not. :)

Y

Yalp

At the moment it is very difficult for me to play UO and in a few months I won't be able to play at all due to failing eyesight. All my trusted friends have moved on to other games. So I'm looking for an honest, good person to dispose of my UO stuff for me. A guild that supports new players would also be agreeable.

I'm not selling anything. It's all to be given away to newcomers, worthy people, support the zoo...generally causes that would help Baja grow.

I have 2 well developed 9 year accounts and 1 undeveloped account. All have 18x18s and lots and lots of stuff.

I you want to take on this job and you have good references, reply in this thread. If you can recommend someone of good repute, again, reply in this thread. I am hoping the good people of Baja will help me find the right person for this task.

I'm going to miss UO and Baja so please help me exit gracefully.

Thank you
Just my well wishes to you for a happy fulfilled life. It is sad when a member of Baja has to leave, but hoping you will come back to us soon.!

U

Uffda

This is true!! I logged in one day and Sara had moved me into a keep,,, Im still finding things I either didnt know I had or had forgotten about.. Sara keeps my game play interesting..

C

Cazzador

Hello Sally! Nice to see you on the forums. I still come over to chek on the forums some times 8)

AKA. Robin Hood, Cap hook, Dr Who C@S miss you guys.