• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] im looking for a good dmg doom archer

C

cac

So far i got
arch
tact
anat
heal
chiv and focus. I got 120 scrolls for all.

how can i do some kick butt dmg?

also can aynone tell me which ps are worth getting it to 120 and whaich are not?

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far i got
arch
tact
anat
heal
chiv and focus. I got 120 scrolls for all.

how can i do some kick butt dmg?

also can aynone tell me which ps are worth getting it to 120 and whaich are not?

There is about 34927 million diffrent threads on this subject. please feel free to read anyone of them.

R

RichDC

Just put bushido on there and go ABC archer, thats the search term if you need more info too.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
120 archery
105 weaving
90 bush
90 tactics
90 anat
90 heal
75 chiv
60 med

C

Connor_Graham

*sigh*

Once again:

Archery 120
Bushido 120
Tactics 115
Anatomy 100
Healing 100
Resist 90
Chiv 75

C

cac

Skills - 720 Cap
100 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
80 Chivalry
120 Anatomy
80 Healing
100 Meditation / Focus

i found this template sounds cool

C

Connor_Graham

100 Archery will get you nowhere in Doom. Also, without resist, you'll be one shot killing yourself when blood oathed.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Skills - 720 Cap
100 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
80 Chivalry
120 Anatomy
80 Healing
100 Meditation / Focus

i found this template sounds cool
Sounds cool and works well are two different things. There are some nice archery templates that include meditation, but Doom is not the place to be doing it. Also, you need at least 81 healing so that you aren't taking about 900 attempts to resurrect someone while in Doom.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
uoguide.com/bushido

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'd create a macro for "invoke virtue - honor".

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
said it is baesed on the honor virtue? How do i use this virtue?
Sounds like getting updated on the Samurai 侍 FAQ is necessary for you. I highly recommend reading it and understanding the concept of honor + perfection.

The link is here for your convenience:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=44220

Other than that I would setup a macro for the virtue AND work on your honor so that you are at least a follower. It's too easy.

C

Connor_Graham

You'll use a combination of mana regen and lower mana cost armor, and mana leech on any bow you use.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
You'll want 35-40 lmc on your suit, if possible. Also, 6-10 mr. I wouldn't depend too heavily on hit mana leech on your bow, as bow leeches were nerfed a while back.

If you want mr from a skill, don't use focus: use meditation. Remember my mantra, "Focus is as useful as camping and taste ID."

C

Connor_Graham

I wouldn't depend too heavily on hit mana leech on your bow, as bow leeches were nerfed a while back.
Unless you have honor on the boss, then you're hitting for some serious damage that will keep you at max mana.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wonder why no one told the poor fella, that doom now days is empty...well atleast on like 98% of all shards.

C

cac

Wonder why no one told the poor fella, that doom now days is empty...well atleast on like 98% of all shards.

None did tell me that. I just want a good dmg dealing archer. 2 questions. Is 120 Bushido necessary or is 115 good. Same with 120 is 120 tact worth 6 mill? for the extra 5. This char will be my dungeon guy. I havnt played since aos first came out so im very behind on a lot of stuff. so i just want a good dm dealer for bosses and doom for fun and for whatever there is to do on this shard.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
You can definitely get by with 115 bush/tactics. Buy the pricier scrolls when you get the gold.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
None did tell me that. I just want a good dmg dealing archer. 2 questions. Is 120 Bushido necessary or is 115 good. Same with 120 is 120 tact worth 6 mill? for the extra 5. This char will be my dungeon guy. I havnt played since aos first came out so im very behind on a lot of stuff. so i just want a good dm dealer for bosses and doom for fun and for whatever there is to do on this shard.
So what is wrong with nobody being in Doom? An ABC archer can solo Doom. I posted a response to a thread that discusses tactics here:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=117472

120 Bushido is definitely worth it.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
k i got all my scrolls 120 s and such now just need to get my skill up and some good bow and armor
Okay, very good. It can be pretty difficult but if you can come up with an okay to descent dispel and demon slayer bows, that will make your life easier. Most people seem to use the conjurer's trinket for the undead portion of the program.

C

cac

Okay, very good. It can be pretty difficult but if you can come up with an okay to descent dispel and demon slayer bows, that will make your life easier. Most people seem to use the conjurer's trinket for the undead portion of the program.

where do u get conjure trinket? I see them for sale for insane amount of $ lol. Just like everything else in luna very expensive. Trying to get my tactics up. Currently i got hunters headdress and a new robe both have HCI now for jewlary what is better. HCI or DMi

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
where do u get conjure trinket? I see them for sale for insane amount of $ lol. Just like everything else in luna very expensive. Trying to get my tactics up. Currently i got hunters headdress and a new robe both have HCI now for jewlary what is better. HCI or DMi
Well there had been an event some time ago where you could earn one if you were lucky and then they were sold for reasonable prices. Now with there being less available, yes the price is more expensive.

Did you mean DCI?

People tend to have differentiating opinions about this. HCI is not as important of a modification to have on an ABC archer as opposed to other setups. Still for me, I try to have the cap...if not close to the cap of 45 HCI. DCI will depend on your playing style and where you hunt frequently.

Even in close quarters areas, I can usually offset damage quick enough that DCI is not of huge concern for me in terms of PvM. PvP...different story.
Honestly for doing PvM, I almost never carry 45 or higher DCI.

C

cac

Well there had been an event some time ago where you could earn one if you were lucky and then they were sold for reasonable prices. Now with there being less available, yes the price is more expensive.

Did you mean DCI?

People tend to have differentiating opinions about this. HCI is not as important of a modification to have on an ABC archer as opposed to other setups. Still for me, I try to have the cap...if not close to the cap of 45 HCI. DCI will depend on your playing style and where you hunt frequently.

Even in close quarters areas, I can usually offset damage quick enough that DCI is not of huge concern for me in terms of PvM. PvP...different story.
Honestly for doing PvM, I almost never carry 45 or higher DCI.

dci is defence chance incr? Can u tell me what is needed stat wise for abc archer? SO far i got dmg inc items and HCi what else should i get. ALso what is the caps for thiese stats. Im also useing bushido and chiv.

also stats is 90 str 125 dex and 34 int

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dci is defence chance incr? Can u tell me what is needed stat wise for abc archer? SO far i got dmg inc items and HCi what else should i get. ALso what is the caps for thiese stats. Im also useing bushido and chiv.

also stats is 90 str 125 dex and 34 int
Yes, DCI is defense chance increase.

C

cac

but does teh added di added from 100 str count towards 100 natural str or can u have 90 str and ad armor to make it over a 100 then get the extra dmg incr?

C

cac

but does teh added di added from 100 str count towards 100 natural str or can u have 90 str and ad armor to make it over a 100 then get the extra dmg incr?

ya so now my stats are 90 str 125 dex 35 int. ITs this good enough for busch and chiv? seems like i dont have enough mana

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriusly!!!! Just try it for your self or read the HOUNDREADS of other threads on the subject.

Its really quite frigging easy. Go out and play, do you have ebough mana then stay that way, if you dont? Raise it.

Im kinda glad that min not connor tbh :wall:

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya so now my stats are 90 str 125 dex 35 int. ITs this good enough for busch and chiv? seems like i dont have enough mana
If you don't have enough mana then...adjust your stats and/or armor until you do.

Mana increase, LMC, +INT and MR are some ways to go about that.