• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I'm in my house, can I PLEASE be allowed to log out!?

B

BadManiac

I more often than not have to wait for my character to time out before logging in with another one, even when I'm in my own house. WHY!? I just want to swap chars.

G

Did you happen to brush by a wandering critter (rat, snake, mongbat, Jesse Jackson) before you logged out?

Even if you don't actively target them, taking damage from an aggroed creature will cause your character to have to time out.

G

No you must stay in the game forever. Quit yer job and tell yer wife goodbye cuz this is your life now! Har!

G

If you been flag for combat at any time then you must wait the require timer before you can log back in on another charactor. I believe its only 2 minutes for combat, where as if you were to log outside your home it is 5 minutes.

I

imported_mr.blackmage

you have to wait i think it's over 6 seconds before you log into your other char, or else you will get that message and be flagged for 5 minutes.

G

when i started playing a few months ago, i got all kinds of feedback...you need to move, try hiding etc.

what it boils down to, is combat. dont attack, or be attacked and i'll assure you a fast log out.

5% Luck

While I can see it for PvP when its an npc I dont see the need at all for this wait time for logging out. In Pvp It can and has been abused. As for Pvm I dont see why it matters at all.

I

imported_mr.blackmage

it's a bug and has nothing to do with flagging. Test it, if you log out of your character and try to log in (fast) with another one, you will not be able to. I am sure there are other reasons too, but I have had 100's of times where I was sitting in my house for 2+ hours doing absolutely nothing (wanted to play, but couldn't get up the ambition for the travesty which was pvp), and would log out and then into another character, and have to wait 5 minutes. In my house. No spawn for screens.

F

Fayled Dhreams

You've been a BaaaaaaaadManiac ...

Time out! for You!

hehehehehehhee

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess we're supposed to assume it's like real life. You know, when you watch a scary movie right before bed, and you lay there for a while listening to each and every little "creak" in the house, and you just can't go to sleep (log out) because you feel uneasy....err, uhh, I guess??

I

imported_Lord Kynd

<blockquote><hr>

I more often than not have to wait for my character to time out before logging in with another one, even when I'm in my own house. WHY!? I just want to swap chars.

[/ QUOTE ]

this has happened numerous times for me also. absolutly no contact with anything that could aggro either.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

this has happened numerous times for me also. absolutly no contact with anything that could aggro either.

[/ QUOTE ]

This happen to me sunday. I was going through my characters to see what the hacker had taken and my character was in the house and I didn't leave it and don't have any spawn around my house. went to log on another character and it said I still have one on. It scared me I thought they had some how figured out my new password and was on my account again. I tried again and got right on. I guess I tried to switch to fast or something.

I

imported_Stanton of Pac

Hide before you log out. If a monster has you targetted you will remain in-game until your timer runs out.

B

BadManiac

This problem is there regardless if anything targets you or not, and regardless if I area peace and invis before logging or not, nothing works. I still have to wait for the timeout. Invising or hiding makes no difference.

G

I had a character with this same condition. Had to page a GM and he "fixed" the character. Didn't matter where I was or what I did when I logged out. I realized this the time I logged in hidden and tried to log out but had to time out. Call a GM if this happens all the time.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Areapeace wont matter. Its a combat timer, 2 mins if you stay in game 5 mins if you are logged out. This is after youve been fighting anything. But as someone already answered you can have a bugged char that never logs out until 5 mins timer is done and then your only hope is a friendly GM.