• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I'm getting that itch

Mithryl Elves

Elves Suck
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thinking about playing again. Everytime I do, I start on LS. Does anyone even play there? How much has gear changed in the 3 years Ive been away? My guess is crafted gear is dead and its all Shame loot style? Wondering really if I'll need to play a Sampire for months. Not really coming back for that.

ICQ me 402886

North_LS

Journeyman
welcome back, i recognize the name from waaaaaaaay back. i returned a few months ago myself, LS is low key but its not dead by any stretch. I've found most everyone i've come across since coming back to be friendly and helpful. We have a very large and active tamer community.

the best gear is farmed legendaries, but you can make a pretty excellent suit with crafting too. a common thing to do seems to be to pick up one or two top tier legendary pieces then craft the rest of the suit around those.

North_LS

Journeyman
PS - since i remember you standing over my body a few times and when you picked up the duelist title, theres still a fairly active pvp scene on LS too. none of the clumps of people at Yew we used to see, but spawning / raiding happens most nights and theres occasional VvV (faction replacement) battles in towns. Cant tell you how good it is or what templates work these days since I've been spending most of my time getting back on my feet and adjusting templates, and the rest mining or taming, but its there. I'll get back into it eventually, trying to get a spawn team together.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you want to PvP play Atlantic. If u want to pvm and maybe have a random spawn raid with poor competition, play any other shard.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thinking about playing again. Everytime I do, I start on LS. Does anyone even play there? How much has gear changed in the 3 years Ive been away? My guess is crafted gear is dead and its all Shame loot style? Wondering really if I'll need to play a Sampire for months. Not really coming back for that.

ICQ me 402886
Hey Myth... some of us are still around on Lake Superior... Not as many as there were when you were active though! If ya need something give me a shout and Ill hook ya up!

Mithryl Elves

Elves Suck
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey Myth... some of us are still around on Lake Superior... Not as many as there were when you were active though! If ya need something give me a shout and Ill hook ya up!
Thanks brother. HMU on ICQ. I have my characters on ATL. Going to start transferring event Sampires over to other servers. Or should I make tamers?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Thanks brother. HMU on ICQ. I have my characters on ATL. Going to start transferring event Sampires over to other servers. Or should I make tamers?
Tamers .. if you are both a saint, and a glutton for punishment, but massive addictive fun with the pet upgrade, specifically for EM events you mean right? Tamers, Mystics, Archers. You know what the problems with taming is though, it was before and it still is: Developing taming skill and you may have a little idea what it takes..time.

Otherwise Sampires still ROCK, though with the new life stealing weapons and their mods I hear Paladin (120 chiv)/ Samurai (120 bushido) may be pretty competitive. Have not done either for a long time, but would be worth talking to some dedicated warrior types if you want to build a warrior.