• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Im considering returning.

Nakukak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello to all who still plays on Siege.
After having a life crisis back in feb 2013 and the following loss of my Castle (in the big clearing) as a follow up to it. Im finally considering of rejoining UO.

Basicly Im starting from scratch.

If anyone has any of my skill shards i would appreciate it so much if I could retrieve them.
My characters were back in the day:
Bradhadair
Molly
Chewy

*After talking with ICQ staff, I got my old ICQ again, 85361222.!*
Have a merry Christmas to everyone, friends and does alike :)

*edit

Last edited:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Welcome back, Chewy.
I have notified GIL about your stones. If we have them, you will get them back.

Nakukak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Tjalle, it’s been to long.
Hi Delores, didn’t know you were still playing. :)
None of my chars stones are there? Talk about my bad luck :(

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I wish I had your soulstones, but alas I do not. Let us know if we can help in some other way. Welcome back. Merry Christmas.

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Welcome Back ! I'm sorry that you can't find your Soulstone but anyway if you need anything just tell us !!

Delores D

Journeyman
I am not sure when we started collecting them. Maybe Shalimar has them. I know we started collecting them after she had left for a while. She is back now.

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember that idoc well. There was alot of good fights. I know none of my guys got your stones, but Diablo's crew(Tru and those turds) and The atl crew (hey Arnold and those guys) were there, and if they got your stones, I don't think they play anymore. I also remember Sprago and his crew there, but they would have turned in your stones.

Last edited:

Nakukak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember Shalimar! Im surprised!
Yeah Diablo and his Crew might have gotten them.. I’ve heard there was a lot of fighting because my most treasured chests were there, a lot of them having 50+k stones of weight, everything from gensing to old school rares..

Thanks for the support, in the beginning i will figure out if Its still worth fishing or how to get gold by farming, I have a few ancient SOS bottles left, lrc suits and I have the most frightening things about me, I have full access to my stables!

For the time being you might run into me at Luna bank with my three little ponies.

And I’ve updated my ICQ since I got control of my original ICQ :)

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Careful with your old pets! They might be very powerful with new pet training. Check tamer subforum of this board and let folks explain you to get the best out of your stables. Soon you will be addicted and very very powerful!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fishing will be a very good source of income as well as farming in various spots, I can give some hints if you want!

Last edited:

Nakukak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure.
Just send a chat through ICQ.
I noticed there are changes when I animal lored on my ponies..
Got a link to what these changes are? I don’t want to mess up my little ponies..

Nakukak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I tried.. still don’t get what “skills” to pick my animals. And there was something with “training pets increase their slot size”?

I hate the fact Factions are removed, included our ‘Evil vs Good’ system on siege..
I’m left with 60k silver and multiple items not wearable anymore :(

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its all there, take your time. skills depend a bit on the animal you have and the purpose you need it for. I recommend reading the stuff for an hour or two. or post your questions there. the guys will answer you quickly.

Nakukak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I edited my post about factions while you were writing..

But yeah I will, since I got time before sitting infront of my pc :)

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just to reiterate the above, do not, under any circumstances, do not trade / sale / train / click any button related to pets in your stables until you have read up on the new system AND posted questions you have about your pets in the Animal Taming profession forum. If you have taming on your toons (didn't lose it on a stone) then go out and tame a fresh pet for your daily use. Advance that pet (the new one, and ONLY the new one) through the new system so you understand how it all works. It is possible to make incredible pets now. It is also possible to completely ruin a pet irrevocably. If you need help taming something shoot me a PM. I probably even have something in my stable I could just give you, and if you check pet stall vendors in New Mag you can even find pets for sale. BUT DON'T TOUCH ANY PETS THAT WERE IN YOUR STABLE!

Nakukak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shoot, I touched my fire steeds but they were trash to begin with :)

I did howover go on my Cu Sidhe to get the lost 0.1 in healing. When I suddenly noticed it started gaining a whole new skill!

I’m on a German laptop right now, so I will first be able to truly grasp the new things in three days :(

FYI I got two toons with 120 tame/lore

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I really agree with what Silent Singer advised you. Especially amazing old pets like night mares, fire steeds, white wyrms, and others can become super pets. Do wait on the old pets until you know the new taming.

I dont know you but if I can help in any way let me know. Is your forum name your game name?

Shalimar/Cleo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi Molly, welcome back. I have your old icq# on my list, I'll send you a message.

@ Delores, Hoffs had access to all the stones I had (400+) and must have moved them to one of GIL houses eventually as it would have been more convenient for him to have players test them there. I kept them in the castle behind NEW keep and all the boxes they were stored in were empty when I came back. A lot of the stones weren't named, so players had to click them to test. If you've still got some unnamed stones Molly could test them and may get lucky.

Zog

Adventurer
Hoowah!!! Welcome back.

Mey lat forshune be graat and backpack be full wen da urks klomp lat. HAR!!!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shoot, I touched my fire steeds but they were trash to begin with :)

I did howover go on my Cu Sidhe to get the lost 0.1 in healing. When I suddenly noticed it started gaining a whole new skill!

I’m on a German laptop right now, so I will first be able to truly grasp the new things in three days :(

FYI I got two toons with 120 tame/lore

You will find that Trash pets of then are among the most powerful pet in the here and now ;)

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just to reiterate the above, do not, under any circumstances, do not trade / sale / train / click any button related to pets in your stables until you have read up on the new system AND posted questions you have about your pets in the Animal Taming profession forum. If you have taming on your toons (didn't lose it on a stone) then go out and tame a fresh pet for your daily use. Advance that pet (the new one, and ONLY the new one) through the new system so you understand how it all works. It is possible to make incredible pets now. It is also possible to completely ruin a pet irrevocably. If you need help taming something shoot me a PM. I probably even have something in my stable I could just give you, and if you check pet stall vendors in New Mag you can even find pets for sale. BUT DON'T TOUCH ANY PETS THAT WERE IN YOUR STABLE!
What shall I do with my Bane Dragon? It is currently 80% done training on it's original 3 of 5 slots. The poison breath it shoots isn't listed as a skill, so I suppose it will remain intact no matter what choices I make, as a natural ability.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What shall I do with my Bane Dragon? It is currently 80% done training on it's original 3 of 5 slots. The poison breath it shoots isn't listed as a skill, so I suppose it will remain intact no matter what choices I make, as a natural ability.
There was a very long, very detailed discussion on the Taming Forum (Professions) about Bane Dragons under the new system. I suggest you not train your Bane ANY until reading and understanding that thread thoroughly. If your intent is to get the most value, even progressing it one level will damage its value to experienced tamers who want to customize it to their tastes. If your intent is to get the best Bane you can, advancing it even one level before understanding the consequences of your choices is not great. Of all the legacy pets I have resisted training my banes under the new system. Even though the system has been in place a while now, and several Stratics members wrote extensively in that thread referenced above, I'm not yet comfortable committing to a build. If you are a returning player that should at least make you pause a sec and think, "If that dude hasn't trained his Bane yet, and he plays daily (I do), maybe I should do a little reading."

Or not man, your call. Even if reading up on that thread is not attractive to you, at least take him to Test Center and play around. Unless you're on Siege, in which case ask some of the Bane owners who have trained theirs. I believe @GarthGrey and @Malloc have trained theirs up, and @Spiffykeen may have also (can't remember in her case).

Nakukak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hellz ya return, we could have some fun!
Wow! Im amazed your still here, so good to see your here and we will have some fun !
I need to make new macros :'- (

Been so long mate, good to see your also around :D

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There was a very long, very detailed discussion on the Taming Forum (Professions) about Bane Dragons under the new system. I suggest you not train your Bane ANY until reading and understanding that thread thoroughly. If your intent is to get the most value, even progressing it one level will damage its value to experienced tamers who want to customize it to their tastes. If your intent is to get the best Bane you can, advancing it even one level before understanding the consequences of your choices is not great. Of all the legacy pets I have resisted training my banes under the new system. Even though the system has been in place a while now, and several Stratics members wrote extensively in that thread referenced above, I'm not yet comfortable committing to a build. If you are a returning player that should at least make you pause a sec and think, "If that dude hasn't trained his Bane yet, and he plays daily (I do), maybe I should do a little reading."

Or not man, your call. Even if reading up on that thread is not attractive to you, at least take him to Test Center and play around. Unless you're on Siege, in which case ask some of the Bane owners who have trained theirs. I believe @GarthGrey and @Malloc have trained theirs up, and @Spiffykeen may have also (can't remember in her case).

It is my Bane, I don't intend to ever sell it or trade it, so I don't care about its value to other tamers.
The resists naturally suck, so I will be taking it up at least one level to fix that and whatever else I can manage in one level.
I asked the question BECAUSE I am a returning player who hasn't experienced the new taming system much yet. I have a few I've now taken to slot 5, but they were all new tames, to see what the options were and how it works ( very much like imbuing ).
I HAVE read a bunch about the new taming system... perhaps it is just your personality that is automatically condescending... I will overlook it THIS time. *sharpens dagger*
I take it you have no recommendations for me, as you're too afraid to use your pet. :Begging::pancakes:
Maybe one of the a-fore mentioned will respond with useful information. What they did, what they regretted, what they liked, etc...

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Uhm...ok? It was not intended to be condescending but to strongly encourage folks to check up on already existing information in lieu of rewriting those discussions over and over. I even named some folks you could ask first hand if you were on Siege. You can overlook it or not man, I'll keep my advice to myself next time. Good luck with all that.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uhm...ok? It was not intended to be condescending but to strongly encourage folks to check up on already existing information in lieu of rewriting those discussions over and over. I even named some folks you could ask first hand if you were on Siege. You can overlook it or not man, I'll keep my advice to myself next time. Good luck with all that.
Annie are you okay?

Yes, I've read the drab details of taming. Don't try to stifle interaction by referring to PAST interactions as some sort of bible.

I asked your advice because you seemed passionate about the subject, but it turns out you have no experience with Bane Dragons, and that's cool.

IF I were on Siege?!?! Dammit! STILL not INFAMOUS enough! *sharpens dagger* *readies DP shuriken*

You've been hit by, you've been struck by...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Annie are you okay?

Yes, I've read the drab details of taming. Don't try to stifle interaction by referring to PAST interactions as some sort of bible.

I asked your advice because you seemed passionate about the subject, but it turns out you have no experience with Bane Dragons, and that's cool.

IF I were on Siege?!?! Dammit! STILL not INFAMOUS enough! *sharpens dagger* *readies DP shuriken*

You've been hit by, you've been struck by...
/do͞oSH/
noun
  1. 1.
    a shower of water.
    "a daily ******"

2. 2.
    INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
    an obnoxious or contemptible person (typically used of a man).
    "that guy is such a ******"
verb
  1. 1.
    spray or shower with water.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
/do͞oSH/
noun
  1. 1.
    a shower of water.
    "a daily ******"
  2. 2.
    INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
    an obnoxious or contemptible person (typically used of a man).
    "that guy is such a ******"
verb
  1. 1.
    spray or shower with water.
Adored by the ladies? I get that. ;)