• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Illegal Hues

S

shulginist

So over the past few days a few hues have been deemed illegal. Ethereal and the jet black color found on some items like the jet black throne. These items have been deleted or reverted back to their original colors when seen. Does anyone else have any other newly illegal colors to add to this list or is that it so far?

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since they decided to deem those illegal, they should also fix the shrouds dyed with the metal dye tubs, and all the glacial crap, and what about all of the duped europa gold cloth?

S

shulginist

I know where does it end. There has to be a line somewhere and it would be nice to know where that line is. On top of that what about necro blue and the blue/yellow two tone cloth made popular on great lakes via pac? Be nice to know where we stand.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im surprised they didnt make sigil color illegal again

L

lupushor

I hate pink. Pink items should be deleted on sight. (when not worn by beautiful demoiselles).

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The glacial stuff I could see being reverted..

The europa gold and green+blue hued cloth I don't have an issue with.. as this hue can be cut up... made into whatever... but the glacial hues can't (including that blue necro robe)

.. I would like to see the metal tub dyed cloth arties reverted though.. or we will soon have people wanting a metal cloth colored tub...

Radugast

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The throne should be restored these old items are historic. I think they are over 10 years old. Also considering the bug was only around for a few days before it was fixed, how many other items fit in this catagory today that seem to be acceptable. I could understand if this item could be used to exploit but comeon this is a black chair! ...

If my Lightning of Britainia Glacial Sash gets turned into some regular cloth color im gona be pissed. :/

N

Nightly Spirit

The throne should be restored these old items are historic. I think they are over 10 years old. Also considering the bug was only around for a few days before it was fixed, how many other items fit in this catagory today that seem to be acceptable. I could understand if this item could be used to exploit but comeon this is a black chair! ...

Agreed... its not like they are hurting the people who did the exploits. I mean honest people have paid good money for the jet black items and ethy clothing (and Im sure they didnt come cheap), just to have them say that the hue is now illegal many years later? It just doesnt seem right that after so many years have passed that now decide these hues are illegal :(

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If my Lightning of Britainia Glacial Sash gets turned into some regular cloth color im gona be pissed. :/
Well if it is an original event item that had a glacial hue, by no means should it be reverted to regular cloth. Any of the glacial hued items that have no special names or properties are the ones I was referring too... the mass duped ones, and that also goes for all the other doggy duped items that have the hue of their original counterpart. Mass delete them all.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if it is an original event item that had a glacial hue, by no means should it be reverted to regular cloth. Any of the glacial hued items that have no special names or properties are the ones I was referring too... the mass duped ones, and that also goes for all the other doggy duped items that have the hue of their original counterpart. Mass delete them all.
Let's be honest here....a lot of people like these rare or "illegal" hues, period.

It's only "illegal" because it was from a "bug" --- but remember when sigil hued items were illegal. What happened?

Oh yeah, remember this whole bug, which is the reason why we have the "jet black dye tub" (a Christmas reward, then a veteran reward) .... "neon leather dye tub" .... (well, until reverted....glad I still have some "neon" leather) ...oh, and most recently, the white cloth dye tub.....which was created by yet, the same bug that created all of these "rare" tubs.....but I forgot those new white dye tubs are drops.

I think it sucks that it got reverted...similar to the bug that allowed people to mass produce these "illegal" hued items such as ethereal, necromancer blue and europa gold. Remember, there was only one Cloak of Shadow but there are 100s upon 100s of "ethy" cloak around in circulation. I feel like the original owner might have made a decent sum of money re-producing them....and then starting a chain with other people that knew bug.

Maybe they should of tested this stuff.....it's been only happening since 98-99 I believe...why take it away from us when you want to or not?

T

Tinsil

Should have been left alone. I hate when they let things go for years, then just all of a sudden decide they'll deem them illegal and fix them.

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the saying has always been since the beginning of rares and server births,
"Don't invite a GM into you house on purpose." Chances are you might get one that hasn't been working for the game but for 6 months, they may have had a bad day that day or they just plain don't care about where items came from.

Everyone I know kept sigil items tucked away in their chest, knowing they could get banned but the color was just worth the risk. Then they made it legal. Who would have known. It seems I do remember something being put out about the black furniture about 4 years ago that it was indeed okay to own, I could be wrong but I do know there are not very many pieces and they have been around for many years.

I think it is truly a shame that at a rares event a GM comes in and just destroys a little history of UO just like that when there are so many other things and issues that need to be addressed.

CrazyNinja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Agreed! it's really sad that things like glacial spells books etc are fine and dandy to own and sell which are obviously exploited items but things like pure black furny etc is illegal thats been perfectly fine to own and sell and legal since it came out back in 99 or so. Seems fairly ridiculous to me. Where exactly is the information that these items are now illegal? nothing on UO.com or any where else? Plus the ethy hue itself cannot be deemed illegal as it's an actual, legal event item so none of this makes any sense to me?

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not a rumor and not officially posted. Peoples items have been changed back or deleted during this fest.

CrazyNinja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Not a rumor and not officially posted. Peoples items have been changed back or deleted during this fest.
Like someone has said previously, That could merely be a new GM or a GM in a bad mood. Until it's officially posted I would say that it's technically nothing more than a rumor.

I have had "A Pile of Snow" Deed deleted before and one reverted back to it's original state but they are still on display else where including MOA auction house. So just because something has been reverted or deleted doesn't necessarily mean it's actually been deemed "Illegal". GM's do weird, mean and unexplainable things sometime with no warning, no cause and no explanation.

S

shulginist

Until it's officially posted I would say that it's technically nothing more than a rumor.
You could say that but you would be wrong. Not posting rumors here just passing what little information we have on this.

CrazyNinja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
You could say that but you would be wrong. Not posting rumors here just passing what little information we have on this.
Definition of RUMOR
: talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source
: a statement or report current without known authority for its truth

Technically, I am right. Items have been deleted or reverted back to original hue, ok. That does not mean they have been "Deemed Illegal" and until an official post is made that these are in fact illegal it is "technically" nothing more than a rumor.

S

shulginist

LoL official post what game do you play again? This thread was meant to not only spread the word but to also invoke an official response.

There is a difference between a gm having a bad day and Mesanna herself btw :)

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LoL official post what game do you play again? This thread was meant to not only spread the word but to also invoke an official response.

There is a difference between a gm having a bad day and Mesanna herself btw :)
There have been offical posts in the past --- such as when sigil items were prevalent, in addition to when Hooded Shrouds such as "Ari" and "Shroud of Tal'Keesh" were created as hued "Hooded Shroud of Shadows" --- sucks for those people that logged in with "Monk Robes"

S

shulginist

Yep lots of things were done in the past. The communication over the last few years on some issues has stalled in comparison.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Like someone has said previously, That could merely be a new GM or a GM in a bad mood. Until it's officially posted I would say that it's technically nothing more than a rumor.
As the Rares Festival host I will confirm that the Ethy Cloaks are illegal and there is only ONE real one. No one is to sell or display a ethy cloak at the rares fest because THEY WILL BE DELETED IF SEEN BY EA WORKERS.

If you want to call it a rumor I suggest you put one on, page a GM on yourself and watch it go bye bye....

Actually I think I have one in storage. So on Saturday I will put my Ethy cloak on and I will page a GM on myself and we can all watch it be deleted together, say around.... 11:30pm ET? (Or at the end of SHE auction) We can have it be a little festival event....watch it go POOF!

We will call the event Ethereal Cloak Poof, Hosted by the Ethereal Void Imperium!!!

CrazyNinja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Excellent idea!! Then, it will no longer be a rumor! This was my point all along and apparently no one can grasp the definition of the word "Rumor" :twak:

When there is solid proof other than someone's word then there is truth behind the claim, thus allowing the rumor to be a fact.

Asking a GM if it is legal, why it is not legal and the consequences of owning one then taking a screen shot of it to be posted here would also be a smart idea so others who are unable to attend the event can view it for themselves.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pft just go back to regular dye tubs, with jet black being for the Leet. To many damn hippy colors.

On a relevant note, i know for a fact that a very good potion of the glacial was deleted back when all the colored shrouds turned to monk robes. I dont why the stuff that is still here remains. I sold most of mine (that i found on the ground back then) fearing the fix, only still have one spellbook. A few freinds had glacial locked down in houses tho and it was all deleted.

Really tho, as much as i hate bugs that make players hundreds of millions of gold, seriously there are so many colors in the game that who really cares if theres a few more.