• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) If you were able to consolidate the sticky threads...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
How would you do it?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i'd probably cut a few loose like the real life picture thread, and the Two EM threads. Governor stuff is explained well enough on the info pages of stratics. then there's the two FAQ posts, consolidate those. then i would drop the "where to shop on Siege" one it has outdated info. I have the SA loot drops and their uses memorized mostly and have a word doc with it all anyway, so that one could be left to fall down the list.

RueTor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my two gold coins.... It is not the number of stickies, it is how current they are.

Don't worry about pride of ownership on the thread. The admin for the community would create and own the locked down thread. Any updates would come from the general posts, then transferred to the sticky. Make it factual and current with the BS or opinions weeded out. It should help the new people that want to know about Siege and possibly give it try without going through too much old information 0r drama to get to the information they need.

A) Siege mechanics that differ from Production
A1) People can loot your stuff
A2) We don't have insurance, but you get great entertainment by watching the general chat when someone is looted
A3) Stats and Skills - Proper use of ROT with Scrolls of Transcendence and Alacrity to get to your target level
A4) etc.

B) SoulStone Inventory
B1) Complete list of SoulStones being maintained
B2) You are very lucky someone is kind enough to use their storage to maintain your SoulStone(s)
B3) SoulStone 101 - It is not rocket science. If you are planning on quitting, dump the extra items out of your bank (most items will be outdated when you return anyway) and store your SoulStones in the bank to avoid loss before you quit (again).
B4) etc.

C) Siege Community Ventrilo
C1) Data on vent
C2) Actually... very nice contribution!
C3) etc.

D) Siege Vendors
D1) How to use vendor search and don't expect as much gold that is being offer on Atlantic
D2) How to post items or ask for items on Stratics which is different than other shards on Stratics
D3) How to ask or sell items in Chat... Spamming is not your friend.
D4) If you are going to ask for something (item, crafting, imbuing, etc.) at least do a little research and have the materials or state how much you are offering. Not many folks have slithers or can make that -15 mage weapon or 50 suits on demand here ;)
D5) Latest exchange rates with other shards
D6) etc.

E) Real Life Pictures (probably not needed, but fun anyway)
E1) If you really feel the need, update your avatar :rolleyes:
E2) Instructions on updating your avatar that doesn't cause you emotional embarrassment in a few months
E3) etc.

G) Guild Info
G1) Latest Active Guilds (use a template for all the gory details: Style, recruiting, requirements, etc.)
G2) etc.

Ok... Ok... too many fermented grapes :shots: for me tonight.... back to stealthing around and doing something to pass the time. :cool:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I consolidated all of the trade forum stickies into one sticky post that contains links to all the other important posts that used to be stickies, along with some that are just very helpful information. It has been working pretty well so far, and leaves the forum completely uncluttered with only 1 or 2 stickies at the top.

I think it would be worth trying for this forum as well, as long as the community here would be ok with it. I'd be happy to help with it if needed.

Here is the link to the trade forum sticky I'm talking about: http://stratics.com/community/threads/important-trade-forum-information.336961/

Some of the links may not be working at the moment, due to changes with the site, but you can see what I mean without having to click on them.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lose the where to shop no need
combine the em threads with the vent server
combine the new to siege with the myth busting thread, and put the gold buyin thread in there too.
that would make it alot cleaner and mostly nothing changed just combined like ideas.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I consolidated all of the trade forum stickies into one sticky post that contains links to all the other important posts that used to be stickies, along with some that are just very helpful information. It has been working pretty well so far, and leaves the forum completely uncluttered with only 1 or 2 stickies at the top.

I think it would be worth trying for this forum as well, as long as the community here would be ok with it. I'd be happy to help with it if needed.

Here is the link to the trade forum sticky I'm talking about: http://stratics.com/community/threads/important-trade-forum-information.336961/

Some of the links may not be working at the moment, due to changes with the site, but you can see what I mean without having to click on them.
I agree with Norrington. We will need some help on the Stratics end once we discuss it and have many many polls. *winks*