• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

If you want to use a greater dragon on Crimson Dragon

S

Sarphus

I would strongly recommend against using your good dragon for this. I saw a guy lose his just yesterday.

I went and tamed a greater dragon and ran it over to crimson dragon. I stopped by trinsic to kill some deer (need LOTS of meat) and then ran over to the crimson dragon and used my dragon on it.

Every time you see the message in red text about your dragon looking crazy (or whatever it says), you want to feed it. I did this once, and it was the only time in UO history that I ran out of mana casting create food in a combat situation.

Bring lots of meat and use a disposable pet.

I'm contemplating trying a similar strategy using 2 accounts. Basically I'll load a tamer on my 2nd account up with white wyrms and keep him off screen. If my disposawyrm dies or goes wild, I'll just give my tamer another one from my cache :)

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every time you see the message in red text about your dragon looking crazy (or whatever it says), you want to feed it. I did this once, and it was the only time in UO history that I ran out of mana casting create food in a combat situation.

I about died laughing when I read that. That made my day.

S

Sarphus

I about died laughing when it happened.

Then I paniced :)

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe too funny! I'm guessing you're not going hungry for a while either :D

Wenchy

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why use a GD againist the crimson?
crimson has over 70 of physical res and 100 of fire res...
I think that cu is the better choice, mine does about 60 of damage and I can keep it alive with bandages without problems... I think that sicarii is most hard to kill than a crimson, the only difference are the hp (so dont solo a crimson if you dont have about a day) :D

S

Sarphus

why use a GD againist the crimson?
crimson has over 70 of physical res and 100 of fire res...
I think that cu is the better choice, mine does about 60 of damage and I can keep it alive with bandages without problems... I think that sicarii is most hard to kill than a crimson, the only difference are the hp (so dont solo a crimson if you dont have about a day) :D
I was just using a crimson to tank the GD's attacks.

The highest dmg pets I've tried on crimson was a pack of frenzied ostards. They died a lot, but we 4 man'd a crimson last night doing that.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried my ossies one night on the crimson. I got really tired of rezing them though. I found my archer/tamer, using a hiryu to tank for everyone, did best for me. I couldn't quite keep up with the vetting though. I'm thinking of trying the hell kittens just to see them "mew mew mew" against it.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny enough I wondered about using a pack, must get my cats all in the same stables again heh. I'd hope that if there was a tank pet yours could do a pretty serious amount of damage before death got them all, but haven't met a crimmy in the flesh yet ;)

Wenchy

S

Sarphus

well basically certain events cause your entire pack to get wiped out.

Also, the crimson will eventually get annoyed at being hit really hard by those birds, so he'll just turn and blast one.

I was generally able to heal through the fire fields from his one fire attack. I was also usually able to pull the pets back to heal them if I was in trouble.

Every AE fire blast killed my entire pack every time.

It was still fun :)

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been using my Hiryu against the Crimson Dragons and he's been doing great.