• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

IF you get glitched on a trade deal.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kill yourself

No pun intended.

After Further testing, Kill yourself log out and back in while dead then ressurect.

IF that doesn't work, have something else kill you and then log out and back in.

From @MalagAste
If you are glitched and aren't being ambushed on your current trade deal, Turn in a completed one and get a new one.

Last edited:

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually.. Killing myself on the next one did not work.

Had to have something ELSE kill me, then log out and back in while dead.... then resurrect. Not sure if it was something else killing me or the logging out and back in to get it to work.

Now, i'm not even being ambushed.... Good god

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well if you die, you lose the trade deal...so yeah I can see that

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've found that if I gave up a trade mission or failed to turn one in for whatever reason... I wasn't getting ambushed again until I completed one... and then got another and finally started getting ambushed again.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've found that if I gave up a trade mission or failed to turn one in for whatever reason... I wasn't getting ambushed again until I completed one... and then got another and finally started getting ambushed again.
Added to the top message for fixes to glitches.

Lavender

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I got stuck in the Solen hive with a Trade Order. Couldn't leave the hive, go to a different part of the hive.... Recall or use "help stuck" - I dropped in from the hole between Yew and Vesper. What a mistake. I had to dismiss it via the crate and get my bag messed up again.....

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't know if they fixed it, but I accidentally got stuck on the shrine west of Trinsic by chanting the mantra to teleport up to it, a couple months ago

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have not experienced that at all. In an effort to farm the new items, I'm not ever turning in my trade deals (I get my crate, leave it empty, go into the middle of forest, sit afk until ambushes spawn and watch stuff in the meantime). I've died a couple times and even have abandoned it a few times to actually go totally afk.

I have yet to feel the need to actually have to complete a trade order. Ambushes just come up pretty regularly from sitting still for awhile. I honestly think you are just seeing RNG.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maybe... @Promathia I just know I let one go because I didn't want to go to New Magincia... so then I got another but nothing spawned for me for over an hour walking back and forth from Yew to Vesper.... I got tired of not having any spawn at all so I turned that one in and went back and got another and within moments of leaving town I was ambushed... so dunno... but I do know the RNG hates me with a passion so it's possible it was just not giving me spawn for that hour +..

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Each trade order seems good for ~9 ambushes before it will stop spawning them. If you cancel and get a new one you might get more ambushers, or you might get none until you turn one in. It seems very inconsistent...much like the drop rate. (yes, @Kyronix, I'm going to :bdh: since Part I's rate is rage-inducingly low for inconsequential items. :cursing:)

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
So, I had done a few on my samphire who is still on one line trades. She did 4 with no ambushes. So, I walked into a moongate and took her happy butt to Felucca Moonglow to whack a ship into the water and go find Slim the Fence. As soon as I dropped that ship in the water, she was ambushed by LAND ambushers and killed...on the boat.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I get glitched I find that if I run around Covetous mountain 3 times clockwise and 1.5 times counter clockwise then run to Vesper bank then back to the Minoc moongate it fixes it self, pretty regularly.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just noticed this thread so i'll add my bugged experience.
Got a trade order, got ambushed, killed the mobs, cart vanished but got a message along the lines of "didn't get order back as your pack is to full so was destroyed".
Pack is empty and have +300 extra space in weight.

Did the stuff in this thread but none seems to be working.
Still have the "invisible" trade order but its timing out normally meaning i got 22 hours until i can do another one...or even do other stuff as i cannot use recall.
Still get ambushed but always the same message when i kill them and cart vanishes....not getting any "item drops" though so not even a silver lining.....

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got a trade order, got ambushed, killed the mobs, cart vanished but got a message along the lines of "didn't get order back as your pack is to full so was destroyed".
I've had this a few times too. Annoying as heck...I wonder if maybe the system is counting your pack items, then counting the trade order items separately instead of as a group in the chest? Cause I can sure see it happening that way, especially with 20 of this item, 15 of that, 20 more of this, etc etc. On a 5 line trade chest that could add up to a lot rather quickly

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it wasn't for the fact i can still get the rare cloth from the quests ambusher's i'd be royally pee'd today ;)

Capidermus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I got ambushed near town and while I was fighting some of the group, I think a guard may have killed one of them, because after I was finished, the crate didn't pop back in my pack and now I'm stuck with an invisible trade that I can't get rid of.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Did the stuff in this thread but none seems to be working.
Still have the "invisible" trade order but its timing out normally meaning i got 22 hours until i can do another one...or even do other stuff as i cannot use recall.
Still get ambushed but always the same message when i kill them and cart vanishes....not getting any "item drops" though so not even a silver lining.....
So, what I specifically did was go to compassion moongate and let something kill me and then logged out and back in while dead and ressurected and it was fixed. Didn't figure the facet would matter, but *Shrugs*

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is not everytime the same amount of ambushers. Once, i killed für, but i didn't got back my trade. I was searching for a missing one. After some seconds i saw yellow numbers above my head. Somebody was attacking me.
It seems he was hidden.