• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

If you could make 1 change to uo.

M

MasterP

If i could change one thing about uo. It would be trammel. There would be no trammel. I cant stand when i go somewhere to kill stuff, people can come up and take my kills and talk smack. We should be able to flex our UO muscles and take out the nooblet **** talkers.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If i could change one thing about uo. It would be trammel. There would be no trammel. I cant stand when i go somewhere to kill stuff, people can come up and take my kills and talk smack. We should be able to flex our UO muscles and take out the nooblet **** talkers.
No vendor fees.

(I just made this thread hot for you, your welcome)

Andsteel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I totally agree.

C

CoRreCt mEth0ds

i think there are many issues that need attention in uo. hard to narrow it down and pick one issue that should be fixed or altered above all else. however, ive always thoguht it would be a good thing for pvp if, when somebody does a beneficial act to another player who is flaged on YOU, the player performing the beneficial act (invis/heal/cure) would become flagged to YOU as well. this would make it alot harder for players to hide in guards and get help from other blues when THEY flagged on YOU! ccmon EA, make it happen.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now as I have been on both sides pretty thick... Tram and Fel... I believe without Trammies, there would be no UO economy.

I should explain, but I think I will for my radio show in 4 hours wrrad.com... ;)

B

Budweiser KDL

Now as I have been on both sides pretty thick... Tram and Fel... I believe without Trammies, there would be no UO economy.

I should explain, but I think I will for my radio show in 4 hours wrrad.com... ;)
you should just tell us here. nobody listens to your station.

E

Eyes of Origin

i think there are many issues that need attention in uo. hard to narrow it down and pick one issue that should be fixed or altered above all else. however, ive always thoguht it would be a good thing for pvp if, when somebody does a beneficial act to another player who is flaged on YOU, the player performing the beneficial act (invis/heal/cure) would become flagged to YOU as well. this would make it alot harder for players to hide in guards and get help from other blues when THEY flagged on YOU! ccmon EA, make it happen.
as much as I hate to admit this, I have to agree with you. Cant stand blues who flag to reds and then get healed by other blues :( they should get the bene acts, at minimum.

Also, tamers who hide in the house and send their pets out on people. I know they cant log for them cause it kicks them out of the house, but I think if they flag with the pets first while inside, they should be kicked out immediately.

*side note* Tesla are you broadcasting doing the auction today? I promise, I'm not asking to talk ****, I just normally listen to wrrad during that time frame and I know you normally do the show at that time.
So not true Budweiser... =/ lots of ppl do.

M

MasterP

I fully agree with you about becoming flagged. Also yes when you attack someone then they should be kicked from the house or guard zone's. Also Tel i agree with you a little but before trammel. UO was at its peak. No one had more then 20 mill. UO's economy is like ours in the US. Was so F.in high no one could afford ****. Something worth 5$ coast 8$. Something worth 150000$ was 230000$. If there was no trammel everyone would have less gold and true rares would be worth the pot to **** in. Everyone would have to learn survival.

Since blues are aloud to greef people in tramm make it so reds can go there atleast. Not to kill but just go to trammel land and do the same actions.

C

CoRreCt mEth0ds

Also, tamers who hide in the house and send their pets out on people. I know they cant log for them cause it kicks them out of the house, but I think if they flag with the pets first while inside, they should be kicked out immediately.
i agree.. can we kiss now? i heard your loaded.. i have a new train to catch!

E

Eyes of Origin

not only no, but hell no.. and you keep proving how low you really are by saying something like that. how the hell would you know if i'm loaded or not?

C

CoRreCt mEth0ds

your cyber boyfriend said so! so im sure its about 80% fiction 20% bull****..
either way, it was a laugh for myself being as, that is what people think and say about me and im uneffected enough by it to have fun with it..

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as much as I hate to admit this, I have to agree with you. Cant stand blues who flag to reds and then get healed by other blues :( they should get the bene acts, at minimum.

*side note* Tesla are you broadcasting doing the auction today? I promise, I'm not asking to talk ****, I just normally listen to wrrad during that time frame and I know you normally do the show at that time.
So not true Budweiser... =/ lots of ppl do.
Yeah I will be doing that show today. Less then an hour.

R

Rumpelstiltskin

either way, it was a laugh for myself being as, that is what people think and say about me and im uneffected enough by it to have fun with it..
someone sounds bitter :(

i said she made more money than you and tesla combined... that could be 100$ per day

S

SUPRsalad

Id simply want a level playing field.
A standard method for dealing with all the 'juice'.
A standard ping cap.
For screen-shots to have a meaning, and a purpose.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No! W/O PvPers a Inquis would not be 20m, a cincture would not be 15m, A one handed sc no-fc -20 5+dci mage weap would not be upwards of 40m. PvPers run the economy as long as the items are pvp items they will have value, sure some things like deco/rares can be worth a lot but not worth investing in being that EA likes to make easy to acquire items out of rares.

One thing changed in UO is going back to Pre AOS.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats what skittles says right? so it must be true..
I want some SKittles actually... the sour kind.

My skittles do not talk to me. And you are the one that said it not some candy.
someone sounds bitter :(

i said she made more money than you and tesla combined... that could be 100$ per day
She might... never know what someone does to judge... But if it's 100 a day... SHe has a loooong way to go.

B

Balian of Asgard

get rid of guard zones in fel

let reds into the other facets and they will follow the same rules, cannot attack trammies etc.

implement something like they proposed a few years ago, punkbuster Ie. cheat detector

give some players minimal mod rights (not god like status), to get better service into the game

anyone of these would be great

S

SUPRsalad

i've been playing urban terror. In there, you can just vote to kick players that you don't wanna play with.. If majority rules, they get booted..

If we could do that in UO, guys like Chad would simply be booted, and banned temporarily, from whatever server the vote was passed on. (i.e. yew server decides, '**** this guy'. Chad can't go to yew)
eventually, i think players would police eachother to a state of honesty, completely unprecedented to anything they ever achieved with 'marks' and 'permabans'. . .

S

SUPRsalad

no, wait, i think im on to something here. we should format this to be concise, and make an official petition on uhaul.

think about it:

customizable pvp arena. (maybe just a few different configurations to vote on in terms of wall placement, etc.)

'bunkers' for faction members. they would have ressurrection ahnks in them.

then WE get the ban-hammers. We, as a community, would vote in the administrator. We also would have the ability to vote and temp-ban anyone from participating. (this would be based on an ELECTORAL voting system, in regard to factions. i.e. each faction is worth 1 vote. split votes, no go. that means, three out of four factions have to agree to it.

see how this could work? We dont NEED EA/mythic to do any policing for us.. we're more than capable of doing it ourselves..

there could be some real objectives involved as well.. (sigil wars IN the arena??) c'mon you know you're getting a woody over this idea.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
get rid of guard zones in fel
No we dont another counter strike game, dont like GZ then dont go red, or attack people in the GZ simple as that.

let reds into the other facets and they will follow the same rules, cannot attack trammies etc.
I have always been for this idea, But allow reds to be attacked and able to defend themselves.

implement something like they proposed a few years ago, punkbuster Ie. cheat detector
For sure we need something like that, And I do think they are working on that, there is a new paragraph in the new user agreement where you consent for them to scan the system memory for unapproved programs. They added new lines of text/system messages in the client for when you get busted.

give some players minimal mod rights (not god like status), to get better service into the game
Mods are already capped, Imbuing with easy to get faction arties, new Doom drop code Items/suits are easier than ever to get/make.

I posted Pre aos earlier but the main thing from that is the return of Chaos/order guilds.

S

SUPRsalad

not even one consideration for my ****ing faction pvp arena? The idea is brilliant god dammit, can we stay on topic here??

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not even one consideration for my ****ing faction pvp arena? The idea is brilliant god dammit, can we stay on topic here??
Even something like the dual pits on the free shard I played would be cool.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even something like the dual pits on the free shard I played would be cool.
Hybrids was cool... The one my brother and I created on our shard last year was pretty insane... But as much as people think... UO does NOT revolve around pvp anymore... Maturity is what Mystic Entertainment considers profitable... ANd Trammel is mature.

G

Gellor

i've been playing urban terror. In there, you can just vote to kick players that you don't wanna play with.. If majority rules, they get booted..
then WE get the ban-hammers. We, as a community, would vote in the administrator. We also would have the ability to vote and temp-ban anyone from participating. (this would be based on an ELECTORAL voting system, in regard to factions. i.e. each faction is worth 1 vote. split votes, no go. that means, three out of four factions have to agree to it.

see how this could work? We dont NEED EA/mythic to do any policing for us.. we're more than capable of doing it ourselves..
Unfortunately, allowing players to decide who gets "banned" turns the game into a popularity pissing contest.

Also, as shown by the umpteen million posts about "I paged on this guy because he didn't talk to me so he MUST have been scripting" proves we as a community can't police ourselves.

Add in people or groups having grudges against other peope/grudges as evidenced by the numerous hypocritical "if a person is in my guild, they can't do any wrong but the minute the same person isn't in my guild, they deserved to get hacked, insurance looted, etc" posts lately. There is NO way I'd want self policing.

As for something I'd like to see done, I'd like to see them fix the hacks and exploits related to PvP(speed, run through items, dexer "unlimited" mana, etc).

B

Balian of Asgard

As for something I'd like to see done, I'd like to see them fix the hacks and exploits related to PvP(speed, run through items, dexer "unlimited" mana, etc).
ya, it seems very unlikely someone would be casting create food because they feel like a snack while they are running down a mofo

Gemma,
you shoulda kept up with the thunderdome bra, it coulda been something, still can imo

Stuiicide

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If we could do that in UO, guys like Chad would simply be booted, and banned temporarily, from whatever server the vote was passed on. (i.e. yew server decides, '**** this guy'. Chad can't go to yew)
eventually, i think players would police eachother to a state of honesty, completely unprecedented to anything they ever achieved with 'marks' and 'permabans'. . .
yea sounds real fair.u been hanging with slave girl i see!!!!!:hahaha:

Hail Satan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
self regulation is a terrible idea. a punkbuster would be much more concise and efficient.

the biggest guild, or interest for that matter, would have complete control over who fights and who doesn't. of course you wouldn't want to ban everyone you didn't like or couldn't compete with because you would drive down PvP competition.

however, you could micro manage your opposition for minimal fel interference (champ spawns, mel, whatever) and still keep the amount of oranges tweaked to a point where you would win all the time and it would still be fun.

in the words of charles barkley, THATS TERBLE!

S

STORMCROW22

It's called Siege Perilous...

Istoli/Anubis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would make three new shards. west, central and east. neither of which would include tram.

everyone would have the chance to transfer a character there for free.

it would consolidate pvp populations and take away the infamous trammie.

ive always dreamed of such a thing.

Hail Satan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i've always wanted to hack the system and take the guards away from all tram rulesets for a week and allow reds into them.

HOW FUNNZOR WOULD THAT BE PEEPEL?!?!?!

C

CoRreCt mEth0ds

self regulation is a terrible idea. a punkbuster would be much more concise and efficient.

the biggest guild, or interest for that matter, would have complete control over who fights and who doesn't. of course you wouldn't want to ban everyone you didn't like or couldn't compete with because you would drive down PvP competition.

however, you could micro manage your opposition for minimal fel interference (champ spawns, mel, whatever) and still keep the amount of oranges tweaked to a point where you would win all the time and it would still be fun.

in the words of charles barkley, THATS TERBLE!
i agree..

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well my question is "Why are you hunting in Tram?" If you don't like tram then go to fel and stay there.

G

Gellor

Well my question is "Why are you hunting in Tram?" If you don't like tram then go to fel and stay there.
Maybe because most of the "good" hunting spots are tram only?

Aside from champ spawns, Fel has one or two peerless but not much else.

Tram gets: Doom, most peerlesses, Treasures of Tok(3 times now) and a lot of the high end monster content.

R

Rumpelstiltskin

i would like to see a pre AOS server...

I would also like a few servers share t2a,

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Unfortunately, allowing players to decide who gets "banned" turns the game into a popularity pissing contest.

Also, as shown by the umpteen million posts about "I paged on this guy because he didn't talk to me so he MUST have been scripting" proves we as a community can't police ourselves.

Add in people or groups having grudges against other peope/grudges as evidenced by the numerous hypocritical "if a person is in my guild, they can't do any wrong but the minute the same person isn't in my guild, they deserved to get hacked, insurance looted, etc" posts lately. There is NO way I'd want self policing.

Yeah everyone would just ban me.

yea sounds real fair.u been hanging with slave girl i see!!!!!:hahaha:
HAHA!

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually .. I have 3 major changes to UO that would make it perfect.

1. Remove all guard zones from Fel..

2. Make a Pre-AoS shard

3. Have a stat timer for factions.

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would revert back to the first phase of power scrolls? When you got kicked of of champ spawn zones on death.
I think it was the last time I had fun in UO.
Later Doom was somewhat fun, but in general AoS killed it for me, I still miss going out to play in a plain dress, floppy hat and sandals with a bag of regs, pots and trapped pouches...

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would revert back to the first phase of power scrolls? When you got kicked of of champ spawn zones on death.
I think it was the last time I had fun in UO.
Later Doom was somewhat fun, but in general AoS killed it for me, I still miss going out to play in a plain dress, floppy hat and sandals with a bag of regs, pots and trapped pouches...
Soon enough you may just get your wish mags...there is something interesting on the horizon. :)

A

Artemyth

One change to UO? Make a facet that is SO warped... it looks like WoW. You know, go to the moongate... see your facet options... but once you choose this 'warped' facet, you'd be thrown in to a 3D MMo version of UO (and it'd look like WoW).

Go back to Trammel and it'd be back to normal.

Aside from that... yeah. I would just get rid of Trammel altogether, and nix the new lands. Just keep on building from Felucca, and have Felucca keep the trees.