• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

If WoW would bring in one concept from UO...

• Thread starter Muhammed_Abdul
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Muhammed_Abdul

I would like it to be "auto defend." I hate having to go AFK because of real life demands and coming back to a dead character because it is too dumb to defend itself.

M

mjayg

Great idea, I forgot about auto-defend.

What do other people think?

B

Bud_Weiser

housing too :D
Housing has no place in WoW. If you want housing, play UO.

Nothing from UO needs to come over from WoW. I don't want a great game polluted with crap from a crap game.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nothing from UO needs to come over from WoW. I don't want a great game polluted with crap from a crap game.

We say the EXACT same thing about the no skill needed item based game WoW is ;)

Steelhead

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOW is great when you start....till you get done with the graphics and get the meat of the game.....quest....travel..........quest........travel........quest.......travel.....

oh and then quest again and travel...did I forget that..lol

I made it to level 20 and got bored to death lol

The bonding of items and level based system for items is also extremely limited.

The most priced possessions I saw in the game going to level 20 were storage bags for your bank box and a faster mount to try to minimize the boredom with the traveling.........

Graphics can only carry a game so far.

T

TheWaffleCult

I'd forgotten how much fun reading opinion fights was!

M

mjayg

Whether you think WoW is the *best* MMO out there is debatable and a matter of personal taste. It certainly is very accessible for the new player and has a lot to offer for more hardcore players. However, the bottom line (according to Penny Arcade) is:

"...they have set up a system that allows me to rent my friends on a monthly basis."

B

Bud_Weiser

WOW is great when you start....till you get done with the graphics and get the meat of the game.....quest....travel..........quest........travel........quest.......travel.....

oh and then quest again and travel...did I forget that..lol

I made it to level 20 and got bored to death lol

The bonding of items and level based system for items is also extremely limited.

The most priced possessions I saw in the game going to level 20 were storage bags for your bank box and a faster mount to try to minimize the boredom with the traveling.........

Graphics can only carry a game so far.
See, you've not even given the game a chance. The game dosen't even start until level 80. Again this is the basic Trammy whinning of "I want eveything right now, I don't want to work for it and it must be handed to me the second I log on."

Your type ruined UO.

Again I ask, how many people play WoW? I'll wait for your answer.

T

TheWaffleCult

See, you've not even given the game a chance. The game dosen't even start until level 80.
I know I run the WoW section and all, but there's still a few things I feel the need to point out here. For one thing, it's not true that the game doesn't "start" until level 80. The experience is different, sure, but if players didn't enjoy the ride, chances are they're not going to enjoy the endgame. I love WoW, but it's hardly a surprise if someone else has issues with it.

Bit of a logical fallacy here. By that note, FarmVille is a better game because it has more players.

Rogal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I played UO from june 2000 to aug 2009. I didn't plan on playing WoW I just got it on a whim really and been playing since. I have a lvl 70 nelf hunter (soon to be 80) and a lvl 80 human DK so far.

The travel/quest/travel/quest grind never got to me. I enjoy the game for the graphics obviously but the sound is good too especally the music in grizzly hills, my fav track.

I've gone into raiding and pvp of course since hitting 80 - natural progression.

Lord Lucifer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Housing for Sure

Wished wow would take more interest in guilds then they do to and community of each realm :grouphug:

B

Budweiser KDL

See, you've not even given the game a chance. The game dosen't even start until level 80. Again this is the basic Trammy whinning of "I want eveything right now, I don't want to work for it and it must be handed to me the second I log on."

Your type ruined UO.

No "Type" of player ruined UO good sir. EA has done that. And as for WoW vrs UO. It's like Ice Cream, I love Chocolate Chip Mint. Do you?
As for trying WoW, My RL schedule concludes that it would take me 5 years to get to level 80. So I won't be trying WoW anytime soon.

The Bud

B

Bud_Weiser

Housing for Sure

Wished wow would take more interest in guilds then they do to and community of each realm :grouphug:
Well there is going to be a bunch of guild achievements and stuff that are going to be pretty cool. I can't wait to check those out.

Cata is going to be really cool with the revamped stats and gear. Looking forward to it.

B

Bud_Weiser

I know I run the WoW section and all, but there's still a few things I feel the need to point out here. For one thing, it's not true that the game doesn't "start" until level 80. The experience is different, sure, but if players didn't enjoy the ride, chances are they're not going to enjoy the endgame. I love WoW, but it's hardly a surprise if someone else has issues with it.

Bit of a logical fallacy here. By that note, FarmVille is a better game because it has more players.
Well it's pretty well known that once you hit 80, you can enjoy every aspect of the game. Not just the Raiding and PvP but also the professions (Who really startes them until 80? Few do.) I just feel that if people don't even see the endgame or don't strive towards it, then they are totally missing out.

I'll just toss your Farmcrap comment out, cause that FB stuff is total crap. :p

To push more of my point about UO tho, the Devs listened to just one side of the Fel/Tram argument. When the champ spawns in Fel started, it was MUCH to late to try to throw the Fel people a bone. They had already ruined the game and to many people had left.

Past Patch 16, UO was done. They need to unplug it and put it out of it's misery.

S

Sturdy

Well it's pretty well known that once you hit 80, you can enjoy every aspect of the game. Not just the Raiding and PvP but also the professions (Who really startes them until 80? Few do.) I just feel that if people don't even see the endgame or don't strive towards it, then they are totally missing out.

I'll just toss your Farmcrap comment out, cause that FB stuff is total crap. :p

To push more of my point about UO tho, the Devs listened to just one side of the Fel/Tram argument. When the champ spawns in Fel started, it was MUCH to late to try to throw the Fel people a bone. They had already ruined the game and to many people had left.

Past Patch 16, UO was done. They need to unplug it and put it out of it's misery.
*feedsnerdytroll*

C

chuckoatl

Your playing the crap game.........

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many people play UO?
How many people are a Navy Seal compared to a meat shield in the Army? just because something has more people, doesn't mean it's more skill based. It actually means the opposite most of the time.

I earned the right to a Mage Tower on LS on UO, and I also made it to Warlord on WoW. The Warlord grind was like a walk in the park compared to UO.

but here is the reason for my complaints... Tom Chilton... period. Current UO was made by the same guy who made WoW. So like it or not, WoW and UO were built to be like each other, and UO is hurting because a skill based sandbox game shouldn't try and be a nonskill item based game.

B

Bud_Weiser

How many people are a Navy Seal compared to a meat shield in the Army? just because something has more people, doesn't mean it's more skill based. It actually means the opposite most of the time.

I earned the right to a Mage Tower on LS on UO, and I also made it to Warlord on WoW. The Warlord grind was like a walk in the park compared to UO.

but here is the reason for my complaints... Tom Chilton... period. Current UO was made by the same guy who made WoW. So like it or not, WoW and UO were built to be like each other, and UO is hurting because a skill based sandbox game shouldn't try and be a nonskill item based game.
First of all, I am an Army vet. So you're getting off on the wrong foot already. Every branch of the service is equally important, from the PAC clerks to the grunts. So you're already insanely offensive towards a person who guaranteed your American freedoms for 8 years. You're supposed to be Stratics Staff and hold yourself to a higher standard then the rest of the posters.

Having a Mage Tower in UO and gaining a title in WoW have nothing to do with having terrible neon housing outside of Org or endless cookie cutter houses on the landscape outside of Ironforge. UO is UO, leave what UO has in UO. Leave WoW alone with the stupid and ignorant non-thought out ideas from UO.

B

Bud_Weiser

*feedsnerdytroll*
Again, when you're ready to talk with the adults then come back okie? If the only thing you can do is make an immature and childish comment then just don't post. It makes you and your parents look like idiots.

I

Ilysess

First of all, I am an Army vet. So you're getting off on the wrong foot already. Every branch of the service is equally important, from the PAC clerks to the grunts. So you're already insanely offensive towards a person who guaranteed your American freedoms for 8 years. You're supposed to be Stratics Staff and hold yourself to a higher standard then the rest of the posters.
You need to chill out Bud, he was not indicating in any way that some part of your armed forces was more important than another.

He was demonstrating a fact that YOUR armed forces often promote, the fact that a small group of individuals are trained to a more elite level. This is simply an example of how the largest number is not always the most relevant one.

If you cannot comprehend this comparison and choose to take it as an attack on American armed forces, that is your downfall. This is not an OT forum and we arent going to debate it here.

N

Naisikras

Raiding takes more skill than anything in UO.
You have got to be kidding me on this statement... I'm not even gonna go further than 111111121111112111111121111111...

Also, guys, different games are (dramatic pause) different. So happens that more people play wow. And for BOTH games to grow and prosper they WILL need new ideas or ideas picked up from other games. So what could WoW use from UO?

I think some type of guild housing would be a great start, and also a good pathway to bringing back some of the world pvp.

Mister McFeely

WoW Noob!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WoW has no need for housing. In my 5 years playing I have never once thought I needed a house like in UO or SWG.

Lord Lucifer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mostly Housing and the old style where everyone depended on everyon elses skills remember the old days in uo where you had to hire a blacksmith to fix your armor...or buying pets from tamers.. and the old bounty hunting of gankers

Guardian of Valhalla
Hydraxis Realm

K

kamugi

I think some of that stuff would be so interesting to have in WoW sometimes. I would love to be able to buy pets from people who tame them or level someone who can do it and then use it to make a profit.