• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ideas for items/crafting/imbuing future release

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me start out by saying I hate legendary items. It has made characters far too strong than ever imaginable. Where do we stop?

But, with your average legendary item having (on armor) over 13+ properties and well over 1000 imbuing weight... How are imbuers and crafters suppose to keep up? Allow me to throw some ideas out there.

#1. Remake it so artifacts/replicas/basically any item can be imbuable, as long as within the property caps alloted.

- This should not be disputed. It was removed bc some items became "too strong" after imbuing. Okay, legendaries made this point moot.

#2. Increase imbuing weights and/or # of properties allowed (Preferably both) Goes hand in hand with #1. I am thinking 7 properties allowed with Exceptional weights being 700, non exceptional being 650.

- This not only makes imbuing relevent again, but also all the useless artifacts/replicas relevant as well. Seriously, who uses a dryad bow? Helm of insight? Jackal's collar? Could all be useful again with higher weights and more properties allowed. Still wouldn't be as strong as legendaries.

3. Revamp runics... Again. Increase what properties can be added on to a runic made item, and add more properties. It would have to be on par with imbuing (I suggested 7) but realistically, how hard it is to get the top end runics, change it to 8 or 9 properties. Still not as strong as legendaries.

***Keep your low end runics how they are, they are useful for making clean items and elemental infused weapons***

### Added in - Runic reforging could work the same way. Only difference is you have slightly more idea of what you can make but for far more charges being used ###

4. Make it so you can imbue items even at max weight...

- This means being able to REDUCE the weight of some items with useless properties (SDI/lrc on artifact loot for dexxers, or HCI/Damage Inc for Mages) so you can increase the weight of other properties afterwards.

- This would make EVERYTHING better. Couldn't do legendaries (too many properties) but any lesser item within property restrictions can be made better and not that hampered by an item over capped bc of useless mods.

- Reserved in case I want to add another -

But off the top, those are things that could make it so that crafters, imbuing, and a lot of useless items can be made relevant again. Let me know what the general consensus thinks of this, and if you disagree, please state why. This should seriously be implemented!!

Last edited:

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I like your thought process here. The only thing I'd add, is how we have whetstones to remove DI, I'd like to see a drops that let you pick what to remove, in this case: HCI/DCI or SDI/FC, etc. This way you could spend more time farming, populating unused dungeons, and help 'fix' armor. Cause there are millions of pieces in existence, that are good, but if you had the ability to remove & replace useless mods, would make them even better.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like your thought process here. The only thing I'd add, is how we have whetstones to remove DI, I'd like to see a drops that let you pick what to remove, in this case: HCI/DCI or SDI/FC, etc. This way you could spend more time farming, populating unused dungeons, and help 'fix' armor. Cause there are millions of pieces in existence, that are good, but if you had the ability to remove & replace useless mods, would make them even better.

That could certainly be an option. But you would need to limit this too, I feel like. We don't want more legendary items, just ones a cut below them for other classes/crafters to be able to make or acquire. Perhaps limit items to one -property removing - use.

This still wouldn't be making any items "stronger" or even as strong as legendaries.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
^^ yea that what I kind of meant, I should have expressed that in more detail.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me and alot of others said years ago, we should allow artifacts to be imbued. Especially the minor ones and even alot modern ones from SA and later would benefit largely. You wouldnt have to trash them anymore, you could really use them. It would become interesting to farm them instead of avoiding the old places where the stuff drops. It would be a simple issue and the Devs could make a big goodie for all of us! I would love to imbue the Aegis of Grace, Helm of Swiftness, Violet Courage, Venom or some of the ToT-arties. Imagine, there would be more diversity in suits, people would have more options and looting the old ML-named bosses and -peerless would become a more exciting thing again.

Ceterum censeo: TURN ON TREASURES OF TOKUNO PERMANENTLY, PLEASE!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
While I am 100% in favour of making artifacts imbuable, I'd much rather have them replaced with imbueable items (FC 2 ring, for an example) that spawn with a single property that you can't get on that kind of item in any other way and give them 550 or 600 imbuing weight.
That would make them desirable to hunt.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
when I saw these plus 13/14 properties/legendary items/high resists, I was stunned. wth hell are they doing lol. would of been fine if they did 7 or 8 properties at most. then later could do 8 or 9 ect... i didnt know what to think. its like they thought what can we do to destroy crafting lol. don't know where we go from here. I'm scared to find out lol. it also seems like they nerfed some of the loot from certain bosses.
it might be better to slowly bump loot up rather than start super high, then what? nerf?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've always supported the idea of imbuing artifacts... Once upon a time we could and I still have a pair of Gloves that I imbued ages ago when you could Gloves of the Sun O think can't recall right now but IMO they can't get over powered anymore especially with todays Legendary drops... but sadly I can't think of much that would be useful even if you could imbue them most of them are just trash anyway.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd be happy if antique items didn't degrade so damn fast. I've seen some that I'd love to use, but don't want to build a suit around one if its going to terminally break in a few months. I know its supposed to be a check on the power of the item, but it just doesn't sit right.

I'd also like to see another sanity check on item property groupings, some of them are just plain awful combinations! Examples: A jewel with a bunch of dexer mods...and SDI. Or a jewel with a bunch of mage properties...and DI. While I can see how some templates could benefit from these, such pairings tend to be the rule, rather than the exception.

Artifacts definitely need to be imbueable again, set their overall weight like an equivalent exceptional item of that type. This would greatly help with a vast majority of the junk artifacts.

We also need to get rid of the Elf/Human restrictions, they're just silly at this point.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The only thing I'd like to see is a bump in the percentage for top tier stats in reforging without having to make it brittle to come close.

It's seems skewed that I just spent 20m in barbed runic kits to get a semi decent fire eater piece when I could just say screw the the eater and go spend a couple mil for several legendary artifacts with higher mods and much resists.

the trade off for crafting should be slightly lower intensities for clean pieces vs brittle or antique legendaries with slightly higher intensities or mod.

Currently reforging isn't anywhere near that.