• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ideal stat setup for a PvM NecroMage?

P

Pazuzu

What's the ideal stat layout for a PvM-only bone stock cookie cutter NecroMage? Can I get away with super low Dex?

I've got a 230 stat cap.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
You're safe with 10 or 15 dex. Personally, I like to have as close to 120 hp as possible, so depending on your hpi items, this will determine how much str you need. The rest, throw into intelligence.

P

Pazuzu

Hmmm, is the formula given @ UOGuide for HP correct? (STR/2)+50? If so, I'd need 140 STR to hit 120 HP. :/

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On my necro-mage, I have 110 strength.

I make up for the lack of hit points with items like the crimson cincture (+10 HP) and fey leggings (+6 HP). I have another +4 hit points on another item as well for a total of 125 hit points.

This allows me to sink more points into intelligence.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Hmm...well, there's no reason to be raising str to 140. I think most of my toons have around 110 str, but have hpi items.

At least make sure you have 100 hp. One fire breath from a greater (or renowned wyvern) will do about 70 damage - it would be good to be able to survive 1 fire breath + 1 corp por.

S

Sir Kenga

I have 110 str 14 dex, rest in Int, on pvm necro mage. HPi 5 on gloves let me have 110 hp total, that's pretty good surviving wise.
I don't like having 10 dex, because if u run through something, 0 stamina will slow u down to walk.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I have 110 str 14 dex, rest in Int, on pvm necro mage. HPi 5 on gloves let me have 110 hp total, that's pretty good surviving wise.
I don't like having 10 dex, because if u run through something, 0 stamina will slow u down to walk.
This is a good option, too. I feel the same about 10 dex. I usually go 15 to 20.

P

Pazuzu

NM, just evened out my stats while training necro and medi... Seems STR is a secondary stat for meditation. :D

Awesome.

G

Gellor

Personally, I go with 125 int, 10 dex, and balance into str(~100+)

The difference between 100 and 110 str is 5 hp. I stack up on hp items to make up this.

I like to bulk up on int/mana so mana vamp/drain aren't critical since I run ZERO magic resist. Hard to make a difference when your mana pool is 170ish and you keep your mana above 120:party:

S

Sir Kenga

Actually the difference between 100 and 110 str for PVM mage is amount of loot you can carry. :)

S

Sir Kenga

Look you can make +8 mana increase or +5 hp increase. Seem to me it's easier to make insane mana increase on items :)

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On my necro mages, i have 124 str(pointless going to 125 unless u have str bonus items) 15 dex and balance the rest into int. With wraith form, shadow wisp and high SDI i very rarely run out of mana. I bulk up on HPI and MI on my items. Personally i think you cannot have to much hit points.