• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Stealing] Idea I wanted to run by everybody

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have really enjoyed stealing refinements from npc shops lately, first time i have dusted off my thief (at least on prodo) in a long time. I was thinking it would be fun if UO could expound on the stealing skill a bit more. Maybe a real thieves guild that gives quests such as stealing certain possessions from NPC's. They could make better use of the lockpicking skills as well to open doors. It would give alot more people incentive to roll thief especially on low population prodo shards. They could run it somewhat like the fishmonger quests, the bigger and better things you steal, the better the rewards. Just a suggestion, not sure how this will be received, I just know that the fun in stealing refinements will most likely die out rather quickly.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great idea! I dusted off my thief to steal from monsters to get the Exodus keys. This was fun for about a week. They definitely need some more stuff for thieves to do.

andyjacksons

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have really enjoyed stealing refinements from npc shops lately, first time i have dusted off my thief (at least on prodo) in a long time. I was thinking it would be fun if UO could expound on the stealing skill a bit more. Maybe a real thieves guild that gives quests such as stealing certain possessions from NPC's. They could make better use of the lockpicking skills as well to open doors. It would give alot more people incentive to roll thief especially on low population prodo shards. They could run it somewhat like the fishmonger quests, the bigger and better things you steal, the better the rewards. Just a suggestion, not sure how this will be received, I just know that the fun in stealing refinements will most likely die out rather quickly.

great idea