• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Idea for new T Map loot

Dread Pirate Robert

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was thinking the other day as I was running through yet even more of my high end maps, and fretting over what's probably my 13th complete collection of minor arties, what else could be added to high level treasure maps to keep them interesting and worth the while? Also collecting common gems, which can simply be bought or looted from the guardians and monster spawn seems a bit pointless. What about for higher end maps, removing the common gems, and replacing them with a few Resource Gems? Turquoise, White Pearl, Fire Ruby, etc. Obviously I wouldn't expect 19 of them off of a level 6 map, but what about 1 for a level 5, 3 for a level 6, and 5 for a level 7 treasure map? Most Treasure Hunters I know these days have mining on the template as well, which is supposed to help produce resource gems when mining, why not when doing treasure maps, which should be producing higher end loot. Otherwise, why not just stop in town and buy the gems you need, instead of getting a nice reward for accomplishing a higher level, higher difficulty map, as should be for a Treasure Map...
Thoughts, ideas, suggestions, or possibilities this could be done in a future publish?