• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Idea for growing artifacts via gardening

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings and top of the morning to all!

The recent enhancement to gardening has given me some food for thought, and I was considering what if we can grow our own artifacts? That would add another aspect to the game.

With that in mind, I tried to come up with what kinds of artifacts could be grown. I came up with a couple of tongue-in-cheek items :

1) Adam's Apple - Can hold charges from enchanted apples by dropping enchanted apples on it, looks like a "dryad bow"-green hued apple. Or it can possibly be into a gorget type armour that looks like a necklace of apples (eating food tied to my neck reminds me of a certain story my mom told me regarding laziness). Resists depend on the number of charges it is holding. More charges = better resist. If a charge is used, resist is reduced.

2) Eve's Leaves - Takes up the apron slot, looks like a "dryad bow"-green Crimson Cincture. MR2 instead of HPR2, Str +5 Mana +10.

3) Serpent sash - Takes up sash slot, MR2, Int 5, LMC 10 (yes, it's a lieutenant sash heh)

4) Thorny Earrings - Ear rings that stores charges from green thorns. Each charge conjures up 5 of each reg - both magery and necro (Gives new meaning to pulling regs out of my ears!). Must be worn in order to use.

5) Leaves of Underwear replacement/dying - Kills your underwear and makes you nakid!! Woot! Ok, bad pun, just takes charges from red leaves and allows you to dye your underwear a different colour, not neccessary red. My avatar hasn't changed his underwear for the last 11 earth years (47520 UO years!).

6) Orange petals - Um, I don't know actually, was hoping you guys and gals could help me out here.

To get these artifacts, you have to use a pair of shears to trim living plants (scissors would do fine as well). Plants set to decor mode cannot be used. The plant would also be destroyed (to reduce item count). Chances of getting an arty would likely be a fraction of the chances of a doom arty. Each plant you trim also earns you points like the current Doom arty system.

I admit, this hasn't been really well thought out yet. Some of it sounds whacked out, others show that I'm hard up for a Lt sash, yet others shows that I am a munchkin (aka Monty Haul) :D I just want to throw out some ideas and see what's workable and what's not. The main thing is to have fun!

Regarding the current gardening system though, there are some minor improvements I would really like to see:

1) Gen 5! In a future publish of course, the current one is ready and good to go.
2) Auto close the old gump if I dbl clicked a plant more than once (I overdosed too many plants coz I had a second gump open).
3) Even better - Auto add required potions as needed. This fixes problem 2 and increases the lifespan of my mouse and fingers.

Please comment away! I'll probably get roasted alive, but I accept all comments, be it just comments that think it's a stupid idea, or that it's a splendid idea. If you could be so kind, do also let me know why you like or don't like, what improvements you like to see in this idea, if you see a balance issue etc.

Many thanks in advance!

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds interesting. But at this point, I'd take any new content.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...hasn't changed his underwear for the last ... 47,520 UO years!

6) Orange petals - Um, I don't know actually, was hoping you guys and gals could help me out here.
1) Wow, that is some incredibly durable yet smelly raiment!

2) Stein of Orange Squeeze? Goes in the shield slot. Powers up with more stats with greater numbers of petal charges.

Fun ideas that will never see the light of day... but you just never know! Carry on.

R

RenaLynne

This sounds like fun actually, a chance to get arties through gardening, yep I like it. Would also be cool if they made new rewards for fish tank, maybe throw some really rare stuff in there too...:D

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far so good, still getting positive comments! Keep em coming!

Sounds interesting. But at this point, I'd take any new content.
Glad you think the idea has merits! I am still trying to get a better feel if it's a bit too crazy or off balanced.

1) Wow, that is some incredibly durable yet smelly raiment!

2) Stein of Orange Squeeze? Goes in the shield slot. Powers up with more stats with greater numbers of petal charges.

Fun ideas that will never see the light of day... but you just never know! Carry on.
Actually I miscalculated the UO years...47,520 is actually UO days. Still, it's 132 UO years that I've not washed my Indestructible undies of Supremely smelliness...and if you look at the ladies...it's so unbecoming! :p

Hey, that's an idea! Besides resists, also allows wearer to resist poison based on the number of charges. 5 charges gives lvl 1 poison resistance, 10 charges gives lvl 2 poison resistance. 15 charges gives lvl 3. Max lvl is 3. To get lvl 4, you gotta use a charge from the shield (*You lick your shield and feel that your resistance to poison has been increased*). Looks like a wooden shield. 20 charges give SC FC-1.

Yup, fun ideas! With more input, I can probably refine it into something better thought out. Eg If using quirky names causes too many people to want to gorge their eyes out...

We can always use more UO-styled names (the Mrs thinks that Adam's Apple is a really awful name, however, she has no problems with Eve's Leaves. Go figure :D). If a proper name is required, we can go with Dupre's Holy Symbol, Janna's Raiment, Mariah's Sash. Dupre is a paladin (remove curse is a paladin spell, wearing a holy symbol around his neck that protects him from curses makes sense). Janna a druid (druids tend to their groves and plants lovingly, would guess that she'll like an apron). Mariah a mage (a +int +mr +lmc sash just feels like it belongs to a mage). Won't be as fun though hehe "Hey, that's some nice Eve's Leaves you have there, mind if I take a look?" *blushes*

This sounds like fun actually, a chance to get arties through gardening, yep I like it. Would also be cool if they made new rewards for fish tank, maybe throw some really rare stuff in there too...:D
Yes, wouldn't it be really cool? I can grow my own artifacts in UO, beat that! An extra avenue that normal players can get arties, even without having uber Doom/Peerless templates!

Then we can make sandles for Katrina, and other equipment for the other companions - Shamino/Geofrey/Iolo/Julia.

S

Sarphus

The idea is a little odd, but my biggest problem with it is how easily scriptable it would be.

If this system were introduced, I guaruntee there would be a script to raise plants and harvest from them in a matter of days.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If this system were introduced, I guaruntee there would be a script to raise plants and harvest from them in a matter of days.
You say this as if there aren't already scripts for doing that.

E

Eslake

The idea is a little odd, but my biggest problem with it is how easily scriptable it would be.

There are already plant-tending scripts. :( They can't change the age of a plant tho, so it would still take them as long as it takes everyone else.

Even tho I don't know about the artifacts suggested ;) I do like the general concept of getting some small chance at an item bonus from converting plants to deco mode.

But I would rather see a wider focus on the types of things, and less combat-oriented. (We have plenty of combat artifacts already)

Maybe things more like...

Silver Shears - produce +1 wool when shearing a sheep.

Cornucopia - Functions as a GM exceptional instrument (500 uses). doubleclicking costs 10 uses and creates a random food object from the list Not included in Create Food. (roast pig, etc)

Finger Puppets! - One random of a set of setscale tiny monster figures. :D
(would be better if they made them equippable in glove slot, and lot-space them to the 1h-weapon location on paperdolls)

Mana Banana ((rarified)) - (yes, I stold the name) a banana that restores full mana when eaten. Maybe only a chance from pruning black/white plants?

Potted Reaper ((rarified)) - Expendable item that summons a reaper at your current location which acts as a pet, but unable to move. Vanishes after 60 seconds.

And the asked-for-it-for-6-years Seed Box. Velvet box/Picnic basket graphic, opens as a bod book list and stores 225 seeds.

--
Green Paint - "You apply the paint to your thumb." The next plant you access will get a double growth on the following check, or be cured of all ailments.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are already plant-tending scripts. :( They can't change the age of a plant tho, so it would still take them as long as it takes everyone else.

Even tho I don't know about the artifacts suggested ;) I do like the general concept of getting some small chance at an item bonus from converting plants to deco mode.

But I would rather see a wider focus on the types of things, and less combat-oriented. (We have plenty of combat artifacts already)

Cornucopia - Functions as a GM exceptional instrument (500 uses). doubleclicking costs 10 uses and creates a random food object from the list Not included in Create Food. (roast pig, etc)

(would be better if they made them equippable in glove slot, and lot-space them to the 1h-weapon location on paperdolls)

Mana Banana ((rarified)) - (yes, I stold the name) a banana that restores full mana when eaten. Maybe only a chance from pruning black/white plants?

Potted Reaper ((rarified)) - Expendable item that summons a reaper at your current location which acts as a pet, but unable to move. Vanishes after 60 seconds.

And the asked-for-it-for-6-years Seed Box. Velvet box/Picnic basket graphic, opens as a bod book list and stores 225 seeds.

--
Green Paint - "You apply the paint to your thumb." The next plant you access will get a double growth on the following check, or be cured of all ailments.
Yes! We need more posts like these. I love the Mana Banana and Cornucopia ideas!

I agree with having a wider focus! I forgot to say this, one of the restriction was to keep the items organic ie at least something that you can possbily logically fashion from the trimmings or "pluck" from the plant. The other idea was to allow chars without combat skills make artifact level equipment (ok, I admit that I see it benefitting my gardener :D)

And hey! I happen to think that having something called Adam's apple around your neck and Eve's Leave covering your groin is a pretty fun idea ;)

E

Eslake

Yes! We need more posts like these. I love the Mana Banana and Cornucopia ideas!

I agree with having a wider focus! I forgot to say this, one of the restriction was to keep the items organic ie at least something that you can possbily logically fashion from the trimmings or "pluck" from the plant.
The shears are the ones you are using to prune the plants.
*your shears are coated with a strange resin*
- renamed "resin coated shears"

The reaper is a seed. "a potted reaper" is the name of the summoned one.

for the others .. hmm..

change the seed box to "an empty seed pod" (green colored firehorn graphic)
- when holding seeds "a seed pod with --- seeds"
*I like this better than a seed Box anyway* :D

Take out the green paint, add in "organic paste" and let alchemists (or maybe cooks) use it to make the green paint. :)

hehe I can't think of any way to make finger puppets organic that wouldn't require new graphics. :p

E

Eslake

Oh for artifacts more in line with what you are suggesting.. :)

Sodden bark (wooden shield - dark brick-brown)
Weight: 5 stones
Hit Point Regeneration : 4
Defence Chance Increase : 15%
Fire Resistance -5%
Poison Resistance 15%
Energy Resistance 10%
Strength Requirement 65

Thorny Branch (crook - green)
Weight: 3 stones
Parry Bonus 15%
Hit Life Leech 45%
Hit Stamina Leech 45%
Hit Chance Increase 15%
Physical Damage 50%
Poison Damage 50%
Weapon Damage 13-15
Use Best Weapon Skill
Strength Requirement 30
Specials : Bleed Attack(you know.. thorns) / Dismount

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The shears are the ones you are using to prune the plants.
*your shears are coated with a strange resin*
- renamed "resin coated shears"

The reaper is a seed. "a potted reaper" is the name of the summoned one.

change the seed box to "an empty seed pod" (green colored firehorn graphic)
- when holding seeds "a seed pod with --- seeds"
*I like this better than a seed Box anyway*

Take out the green paint, add in "organic paste" and let alchemists (or maybe cooks) use it to make the green paint.

Oh for artifacts more in line with what you are suggesting.. :)

Sodden bark (wooden shield - dark brick-brown)
Weight: 5 stones
Hit Point Regeneration : 4
Defence Chance Increase : 15%
Fire Resistance -5%
Poison Resistance 15%
Energy Resistance 10%
Strength Requirement 65

Thorny Branch (crook - green)
Weight: 3 stones
Parry Bonus 15%
Hit Life Leech 45%
Hit Stamina Leech 45%
Hit Chance Increase 15%
Physical Damage 50%
Poison Damage 50%
Weapon Damage 13-15
Use Best Weapon Skill
Strength Requirement 30
Specials : Bleed Attack(you know.. thorns) / Dismount

Yes, I see how the shears would be workable (imagines wools shearing with these in Fel *drools*)

You know what, I was thinking of seed pods too! But I was afraid that that people may think it counter-intuitive to put seeds in a seed pod instead of taking seeds out.

The green paint and the potted reaper are good examples of item diversity. I have to say that it's a good idea to throw in some less powerful and one-use items. Makes getting the other stuff more fun and rewerding :)

I can already picture it "I finally grew my first artifact and all I got was a reaper seed..." hehe

Another idea would be perfume, works like ale, but instead of *Hic* you get *A pleasant perfume wafts from <player name>*

Though I must admit, the scarcity of of the paint and potted reaper would make me hoard them rather than use them :D.

Your artifacts look great, very well balanced! That's something hard for me, as I have this urge to come up with things that are too useful to the point of being overpowered.

*I would still love that sash though* :p

E

Eslake

Another idea would be perfume, works like ale, but instead of *Hic* you get *A pleasant perfume wafts from <player name>*

Though I must admit, the scarcity of of the paint and potted reaper would make me hoard them rather than use them :D.
I like the perfume idea. Could even make it work like Savage paint but on Brigands.

What I would really love on the reaper would be the seed creating a House-Plant Potted Reaper. A yellow-name NPC reaper in your house. :p (but not movable, it is a reaper after all)

I would think up more neat things, but I've been awake over 26 hours and have a Maze to run tonight. I'll be back to see what neat ideas others have posted tonight. :)

M

Moonstar

I like your ideas Eslake.
I think perhaps the perfume could be made by alchemits and maybe it could distract creatures near by for X amount of time so that they do not aggro towards the wearer. and there's need to be a good length timer between the time of use and the time you can use a perfume again... to keep it fair.
and maybe there could be a perfume that attracts animals to help tamers not fail too much when trying to tame.
perhaps this would benefit beggers aswell.. getting extra amount of coins while begging Or fail less

this perfume idea has great potential. the devs should think about it.
and it would make perfect sense for ( flower blooming) plants to produce perfumes or srop flowers that can be used to make perfume.

R

RenaLynne

Why cant Harlequin, Eslake, Pete, and Raven(she had some kick ass new ideas too) be on the design team?:sad4: I think the players come up with better content than the current employees...

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5) Leaves of Underwear replacement/dying - Kills your underwear and makes you nakid!! Woot! Ok, bad pun, just takes charges from red leaves and allows you to dye your underwear a different colour, not neccessary red. My avatar hasn't changed his underwear for the last 11 earth years (47520 UO years!).
:thumbup:
I love it! You made my day!

The problem is not letting scripters ruin ideas for the rest of us. Mythic/EA has to come to a compromise on trying to institute new ideas to keep it's game base happy, but yet institute measures to prevent or keep scripting to a minimum.

Everytime an idea is shot down because of fear of scripters that's almost like letting the scripters win and punishing the good players.:(

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like it .. would add something new to the plant system, would be fun, and even making it rare as hell would be still neat to someday get a neat item from a plant.

I am for it ... who cares about scriptors... there always will be... (till something major happends i guess) .. but yeah there are plant tending scripts already, but it's not like it speeds anything up ... how hard is it to tend a plant once a day heh.

E

Eslake

Why cant Harlequin, Eslake, Pete, and Raven(she had some kick ass new ideas too) be on the design team?:sad4: I think the players come up with better content than the current employees...
I don't know anything about the others besides what they post here. Nice people tho. :)

I spent 17 years in game development. I suspect that very nearly everyone here has played games I helped to create.
I actually offered my services to EA a few years ago, but they weren't interested.
*shrug*
I was going stir crazy at the time, but I'm just kicked back and enjoying this side now.

I try really hard not to poke at the devs for what I know are very amature mistakes and oversites. After all, the way they shuffle team members around they probably spend half of every work week learning each other's names. :p

Personally I love the idea of artifacts through alternative game play.
-I hate to call it alternative because in a Role Playing Game, no method of play should be considered alternative. But they have set a focus and are determined to keep it.

Gardening is great for certain types of things. Wooden Weapons, Armors, and Shields. Casting/Storage type objects of an herbal nature..

Also Spellweaving-Gardening are a perfect fit, but currently have no attachment to one another.

Herding could be given a quest system similar to BODS/Heartwood. Bring an animal from over there to me here and earn points toward a bag of this-and-thats. With a chance at relevant artifacts. (taming, archery, special crooks, things like that.)

There are any number of entertaining methods to introduce new (or old) items other than yet another monster to kill repeatedly.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like this idea so I will put my one cent in thats all I can afford inflation you know.
I have the perfect plants to grow to get these artifacts. A reaper, whipping vine, a venus fly traps, sundews, pitcher plants, butterworts, and bladderworts. Will call this our carnivorous line of plants. You have to feed them raw meat and potions to keep them alive. You will need to get special flower pots to plant the seeds in because they will be animated plants, and never be turned into deco plants. You take care of them they will reward you with a special artifact, if you dont take care of them they can attack you :D

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they hired me, they'll have a loafer that'll play UO all day long and not get any real work done hahaha

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love it! You made my day!
Thank you, and you have made mine! It's great to know that people think well of my ideas!

I don't know anything about the others besides what they post here. Nice people tho. :)

I spent 17 years in game development. I suspect that very nearly everyone here has played games I helped to create.
I actually offered my services to EA a few years ago, but they weren't interested.
*shrug*
I was going stir crazy at the time, but I'm just kicked back and enjoying this side now.
Wow, that's very impressive! Btw Eslake, they are hiring again :)
Long time UO players with a passion for UO is a bonus!

There are any number of entertaining methods to introduce new (or old) items other than yet another monster to kill repeatedly.
My thoughts exactly! The diversity will open up different playstyles and encourage players to try out different skills/things. Not that I mind new monsters or mainstream playstyles. But years ago, smiths and tailors were called mules. As more people play and develop these playstyles, they are now called crafters :)

What I would really love on the reaper would be the seed creating a House-Plant Potted Reaper. A yellow-name NPC reaper in your house. (but not movable, it is a reaper after all)
How's this - Looks like potted Melissande eternally corrupt tree, with animated reaper graphics, limited to 1 per house? Saw a parrot-filled house once, and I worry daily that my neighbours turn into parrot lovers :p

I like your ideas Eslake.
I think perhaps the perfume could be made by alchemits and maybe it could distract creatures near by for X amount of time so that they do not aggro towards the wearer. and there's need to be a good length timer between the time of use and the time you can use a perfume again... to keep it fair.
and maybe there could be a perfume that attracts animals to help tamers not fail too much when trying to tame.
perhaps this would benefit beggers aswell.. getting extra amount of coins while begging Or fail less

this perfume idea has great potential. the devs should think about it.
and it would make perfect sense for ( flower blooming) plants to produce perfumes or srop flowers that can be used to make perfume.
You mean like greater confusion blast and honor? Yes, it definitely has alot of potential and is worth exploring. Or to get discounts from NPCs!

I like this idea so I will put my one cent in thats all I can afford inflation you know.
I have the perfect plants to grow to get these artifacts. A reaper, whipping vine, a venus fly traps, sundews, pitcher plants, butterworts, and bladderworts. Will call this our carnivorous line of plants. You have to feed them raw meat and potions to keep them alive. You will need to get special flower pots to plant the seeds in because they will be animated plants, and never be turned into deco plants. You take care of them they will reward you with a special artifact, if you dont take care of them they can attack you

You have given me an idea to discourage scripting! We can make this into a random event that the plants can mutate into *As you prune the plant, you notice something that doesn't look like a weed* If you try to use the shears on the plant, they will bite you!

E

Eslake

Btw Eslake, they are hiring again :)
Long time UO players with a passion for UO is a bonus!
If I were able to relocate I would apply for the position. But as things are I am pretty well stuck here for the forseeable future.

At times I wonder if I made the right decision leaving Verant, but I know I couldn't have stayed with a team who saw no reason to make the game fun beyond what it equated to in dollar figures.

My thoughts exactly! The diversity will open up different playstyles and encourage players to try out different skills/things. Not that I mind new monsters or mainstream playstyles. But years ago, smiths and tailors were called mules. As more people play and develop these playstyles, they are now called crafters :)
There was also a time they were called "Sir" and "Ma'am." :p
When people began having craft characters with all of the basic craft skills, solely for the purpose of providing their Own characters, the derrogatory term "Mule" was created for them.

Since then it became a term for a character who didn't fight (more common after the smithy BOD system) and no longer carries the taint it once did.

I even call my own crafter a Mule sometimes, simply because he does nothing but craft and mine.

I like the idea of using the corrupted tree graphic for the placement object. :)

As to limiting them to 1/house, I would say make them take up a number of vendor assignments. That way the larger houses could host as many as 4, but only at the expense of having vendors or parrots (which should take at least 1 vendor assignment each anyway).

I think the reason we don't see creative, Fun things like this is that they assume that everyone playing wants to go out and kill stuff all day.
But their assumption of that is Why people go out and kill stuff all day.

The way I see it, whether the "I kill stuff!" players like it or not, the game benefits more from a single addition of a Non-combat activity than it does by adding an entire new land mass and 30 new monsters to kill.

Monsters we have. Hundreds of different ones. Some in different colors. Most with some level of personal loots. Most of them are ignored.
There are too many combat options already, and so many places to hunt that many of them are empty or only have 1 or 2 farmers in them.

What we don't have nearly enough of, are alternatives.

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have given me an idea to discourage scripting! We can make this into a random event that the plants can mutate into *As you prune the plant, you notice something that doesn't look like a weed* If you try to use the shears on the plant, they will bite you!
:eek:
Audrey II: Feed me!
Seymour: Does it have to be human?
Audrey II: Feed me!
Seymour: Does it have to be mine?
Audrey II: Feeeed me!
Seymour: How am I supposed to get it?
Audrey II: [singing] Feed me, Seymour / Feed me all night long - That's right, boy! - Go to it, Feed me Seymour / Feed me all night long / Cause if you feed me, Seymour / I can grow up big and strong.

I want one! I want one!:heart:
Make it so that the plant will eat you and voila instadeath!:D

F

Fink

Herding could be given a quest system similar to BODS/Heartwood. Bring an animal from over there to me here and earn points toward a bag of this-and-thats. With a chance at relevant artifacts. (taming, archery, special crooks, things like that.)
*sigh* I've been beating that drum for years, now, no avail.

The Bravehorn quest is as near as it gets, although it's basically an escort quest with an animal npc. Herding proper, you could bring animals to an animal trainer npc, who would take them off your hands for a modest sum/bod offer, depending on demand ie: you couldn't bring in goats all day, you'd have to mix it up. To hand them over you'd herd them onto the npc, instead of "marking" them like the Heartwood quests. Also you'd be limited to what animals spawn on the map the npc is on. Pre-tames would be out, too.

Rewards could be special "crooks of coaxing" (limited uses), eg: a crook of wyrm coaxing would work on wyverns... equine coaxing would work on fire steeds (currently unherdable).. demon coaxing would work on fiends, daemons, succubi, etc.. undead coaxing could work on regular undead and necro reanimated creatures.. etc.

It would open up a whole new game to shepherds.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

--
Yes, this was a good idea (the apron with MR 2... not so much)

Only thing I didn't like is the mana banana...

nothing that adds advantages/disadvantages to PvP please... k thanks.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont really care about items, i just wanna see pvp more balanced, as in greater dragons extinct! or nurfed in pvp. also like to see something done to stealth on SP... :)

E

Eslake

True, it would be a problem for PvP as it is now.
A Parrymage manadumping is one thing, doing it twice in a row.. ouch. :p

It is difficult to be creative with the usage of items without them having an impact on PvP other than purely decorative items.

It would be neat to see rarified frut/vegetable consumables available through the plants systems tho.

Extracts that can convert a number of normal boards to a given color.

Components used with alchemy to creates a limited set of colors of -essentially- tokuno dyes.

Wooden parts that can be assembled to make tools with specific purposes and limited uses.
I would love to be able to make a shovel to dig for fertile dirt in stables. :D

The posabilities are endless.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It's going to be rare enough to prevent constant use, but still you have a point there. I haven't considered how unbalancing an advantage it gives in PvP.

The mana apron I just swapped the hp and dex mods from a CC with mana and int. Was looking for an alternative to the CC that everyone is wearing. Also I considered that since MR works on diminishing returns now, it should reduce the effectiveness of players that stacks tons of MR equipment. What do you think?

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another crazy idea I was thinkning of is bubble bath / soap. Can only be used in Buc's Den's bubble public bath. Creates sparklies around you like the discordance effects. Luck boost for an hour. A new counter in the paperdoll indicates this -

Last bathed on xx-xx-xx.

heheheh

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some more ideas -

1) Soap/bubble bath graphic uses the smokebomb graphics

2) Katrina's hemp sandles - uses sandals graphics. +3 fire resist

3) Shamino's garland - uses the garland graphics (still deciding on the stats, maybe resists depends on meditation skill? something related with a rangers' virtue of spirituality?)

4) Geofrey's Pelta (aka Pickaxe Pete's Stein of Orange Squeeze)

5) Iolo's Violin of Violence - (Ok, I stole the name *grin*) Equipable Lute that gives +5 to provoke

6) Julia's Thorny Earrings (tinkers' virtue is sacrifice, should feel at home with thorny earrings heh)

L

Limlight

The ideas are fantastic...several notes though...
The apron having 10 Mana and 2 MPR and 5 Str would be a terrible idea...

5 Str is more HP...and that means the apron would give HP and MP...bad idea..

The sash is a bad one too..but most of these are fantastic ideas..

I actually agree with Rain that the Mana Banana (while an awesome name) would be terrible...

The hemp sandles should only have +2 energy or cold...as +3 would destroy the brand new snake skin boots...

Also...the Sodden Bark shield..the -Fire would have to be -15% for me to consider it fair....I mean with -5%....its still a +20 resist shield with max dci and insane HPR...you would start seeing...
Totem of the Void, Crimson, Bracelet of health, that shield and Crystalline ring templates which would be insane...

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drats, I forgot about Eslake's Sodden bark and Thorny Branch.

Geofrey's Pelta (aka Pickaxe Pete's Stein of Orange Squeeze) is henceforth Geofrey's Sodden Bark.

Can't decide if the throny branch should go to Julia or Katrina.

Need to rethink the apron and sash :) Any suggestions on what would be a more balanced set of stats for the apron and sash?