• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Idea - Faction Spawns

Z

Zara

Both Michel and I were talking about ways to draw people into factions with real rewards other than purchasing faction artifacts. There is really no other incentive for joining factions. I’m not sure what everyone else thinks but I believe this will bring in fresh blood and give factions a new light and rebirth. There will now be a meaning behind holding the sigils and fighting for them. If your faction holds all the sigils you have complete control of the spawn. However, if you do not, the opposing faction has the ability to pop and or raid the spawn.

The idea we have is to create a faction spawn and here would be the required:

1. To access the spawn there would be a portal to a separate spawn area
2. If your faction does not own a town you can not access the portal (A benefit to owning a town)
3. Only factions who own a town can raid the spawn.
4. There should be 4 types of spawns, with the Champions being based off of faction Lore and Mythology dedicated to the leader of each faction.
5. If the spawn of your faction is one that is chosen, your faction will lose karma and will not gain any benefit from completing the spawn other than to hopefully advance it to a different faction spawn.
6. Instead of needing Valor to pop a spawn the player who pops it must sacrifice 10,000 faction points or what ever number agreed upon.
7. Instead of regular traps being placed in the spawn area they will be replaced by faction traps that can be removed by a faction player with the remove trap skill.
8. If the Commanding Lord is present at the spawn, he/she will deliver double the damage to the Champion. However, the spawn before the champion will deal double damage to the Commanding Lord.
9. Some of the spawn will be guards from faction system that are mixed in with the spawn.
10. The spawn would include faction creatures for the faction spawn that has popped
11. At any spawn, all spawn is orange and thus upon death stat loss is received.
12. Because this is faction based only, instead of receiving scrolls as a drop, faction traps will be dropped instead.
13. Rather than dropping regular Replica Artifacts perhaps drop Replica Faction Artifacts? Or perhaps something unique that can only be gotten from the faction spawn.
14. A faction sigil post for each town will be spread around the spawn area. Rather than relying on the progression of skulls to advance the spawn, a sigil will appear and must be stolen and placed or the spawn will not progress until the sigil has been placed on its post and the champion will not appear until all sigils are properly placed.
15. Upon Completing the Champion, rather than gold being dropped, it will drop 100,000 Silver.

Let me know your thoughts on this? I realize that a lot of this may have to be tweaked and changed as we are not programmers. However, the basic concept is solid.

C

Cloak&Dagger

I do think your idea is....very well thought out, and not really a "bad" idea.

I do not really agree that it would draw anyone into factions, at least no more than they are currently drawn in. This is not due to reward but due to risk, the people who are not actively participating in faction events but do currently belong to factions are those who are not interested in the risk of being pked, or in pvping at all (VERY few exceptions here but basically I think this is a pretty good basis) I would love to see new systems added (this sounds intriguing for sure) And I do not really care if it draws new people or not, I would just like new things to do, and forcing inter-faction interaction is a plus. ^^ (still might end up with just 1 huge faction always in control, but then balance is never easy to achieve)

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dig it. I'm a little confused about the champ though. Would say the true brits be able to pop a minax or sl champ? But not their own? I think that would be cool.

The idea is solid and I'd give it a go for sure

- James

C

COCOPUFF641

I Like The Whole Idea...Something Unique That's For Sure Then I Could Sell My Non Replicas O_O

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In concept it is a good idea, but I agree that it would not really provide incentive to join factions. Dropping traps and silver is not incentive for anyone to join but for those who are already in it. I don't think dropping an unique artifact would benefit much since imbuing has pretty much made most of these obsolete along with the current faction items.

I do like a few of the ideas of costing faction points to pop and dropping silver at the end, but maybe not 100k. I dont really care for the rest.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All I see if this is actually put in the game is another thing the zerg fel guilds will take control over, I see this ruining factions even more, and not helping factions at all. They need to focus on fixing the cheats etc before adding something like this in the game.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I see if this is actually put in the game is another thing the zerg fel guilds will take control over, I see this ruining factions even more, and not helping factions at all. They need to focus on fixing the cheats etc before adding something like this in the game.
I think she implied it was a faction only spawn, which only those who controlled a town could raid. I think trying to take control of the spawn is part of the idea, and could trigger more fights, which is a plus for factions.

I do agree they need to fix everything else before moving forward with an idea like this.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think she implied it was a faction only spawn, which only those who controlled a town could raid. I think trying to take control of the spawn is part of the idea, and could trigger more fights, which is a plus for factions.

I do agree they need to fix everything else before moving forward with an idea like this.
Sorry I wasn't more clear. Yes I know what Zara implied I'm not against it, but I meant zerg fel guilds joining factions, and taking over control of the towns to control the faction spawn like they have with the champ spawns. I think they don't need another thing to be in control of.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but I meant zerg fel guilds joining factions, and taking over control of the towns to control the faction spawn like they have with the champ spawns. I think they don't need another thing to be in control of.

I think getting them to join is part of the idea, but I really see no incentive for doing so. I personally would have no problems fighting a larger guild or alliance.

Oh well.

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i like it.. just crappy how on most shards the ZERG guilds control all the towns.. need to do something about this to make it level...

S

Scratch

limit faction guild size to 15-20 people making you pick more carefully

do away with all faction alliances making the above stand firm

break all faction/non faction alliances which just needs to be done

same factions cant attack same factions but different guilds in same factions will still be affected by fields also to hold the first staement firm and prevent non allianced teamwork inside same faction against another opposing faction guild/s

more smaller faction guilds will be more fun than one huge faction guild or alliance

move factions out of guard zones

lower faction artie durability

remove ability to rez your own faction horse, require faction tamer

change dismount and the way it works both archery and bolas
leave lance and melee dismount alone

remove faction rune abilty when flagged (agressor or not)

make faction fighting on all facets allowed to remove trammies from wearing faction gear without actually participating in any fel faction events for pvm reasons...

god, the forums couldnt possibly hold the list of ideals i can come up with