• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I'd like to see some pix of stone crafting done on Large Towers.

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I am happy I didn't spend big gold on a Keep now. It all seems too time consuming to try to fix it up that way. Why can't we just customize keep and castle size plots (if we can find them) I could finally use my Frank Lloyd Wright tendencies. I just read yet another book about him, his boundless energy, boundless libido etc. etc. (I made a Lego version of his Robie House in Chicago which my husband took me to see many years ago. Twas raining too hard to go in that day.)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
He certainly inspired or built many a home around me. Found most of his designs inspiring.

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I am happy I didn't spend big gold on a Keep now. It all seems too time consuming to try to fix it up that way. Why can't we just customize keep and castle size plots (if we can find them)
This seems an idea that's long overdue. If the code for Castles and Keeps is too convoluted to mess with then why not just allow the custom plots in those 2 sizes.

Can just imagine the awesome castle and keep designs folks would come up with. (Although the castle-sized borg houses might make me spit up. There oughta be a law...)

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I would love a customizable castle size plot. The only way I would agree with this is if they didn't allow the crystal tile set to be used. On my 2nd account I had a 17 x 17 house in malas on atl. It was completely surrounded. I was fine with this as I only spend about 1/4th of my time on atl. The house in front of me has went idoc 4 or 5 times in the last year. I finally had to move because someone built the most god awful crystal and lava house I've ever seen. If it was fel I'd camp his house till he moved or changed it.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I played a little around with a large tower on TC, there is not much you can do to it as you are not allowed to build a floor more

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Honestly I still think they should make a test server and let folk redesign the Keep and Castle on it... and then vote the top 9 choices keep the original and then allow Keep and Castle owners to chose which of the 10 designs they want and be done.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe they'll make a new castle design one of the vet rewards this year? Though I'll have mixed feelings after spending two weeks raising stone tiles and dragging walls around.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Leave everything as is. There is nothing wrong with current set-up of towers, keeps and castles.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So because you are happy with the current designs everyone else should be happy as well?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'm a believer in defending the status quo unless there is truly a real need for change. Considering the limited developer resources and staff, I can't say this is a priority issue.

Additionally, there is simply nothing wrong with current keep/castle designs. They're nice as is. The last thing we need is to have a bunch of castle-sized plots with a giant Borg cube houses on them.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
They're nice as is. The last thing we need is to have a bunch of castle-sized plots with a giant Borg cube houses on them.
I understand your concern but I see a lot ideas for pre build castle plots.
An Orc fort could be an idea

Or what about a place for a small guild. Build a fence around or water with an access bridge, then inside a few of the small classic houses. Let the players deco around the houses.
Or you can have one house for living, maybe a 2 story villa and then a few small crafting houses with vendors.

I like the idea of letting players build new buildings on TC on castle and keep plots and then choose a few and add them to the classic houses

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'm a believer in defending the status quo unless there is truly a real need for change. Considering the limited developer resources and staff, I can't say this is a priority issue.

Additionally, there is simply nothing wrong with current keep/castle designs. They're nice as is. The last thing we need is to have a bunch of castle-sized plots with a giant Borg cube houses on them.
They are NOT nice as is... they are extremely user unfriendly.... unless you want to buy dozens of teleport tiles just to get around your own house they are by no means fine as is... if it weren't for the storage I honestly wouldn't own one.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
They are NOT nice as is... they are extremely user unfriendly.... unless you want to buy dozens of teleport tiles just to get around your own house they are by no means fine as is... if it weren't for the storage I honestly wouldn't own one.
Teleporter tiles just to get around your own house? Who's fault is that? They're only 'user unfriendly' if you screw it up on your own.

Anyone who has a Keep or a Castle on Atlantic should feel lucky to have one. I never hear my other in-game friends who have castles and keeps complaining like this. It's only here on Stratics where people take issue with every aspect of the game. Additionally, IMHO, I don't believe it is best use of developer resources to spend time making changes to a housing system that isn't broke.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last thing we need is to have a bunch of castle-sized plots with a giant Borg cube houses on them.
I've never understood this argument. It's okay to have 18x18 houses made out of the ugliest tile sets, but let's not let that happen to castles? How does that make sense? Something only becomes offensive when it's bigger than 18x18? There are many people in this game who do some amazing designs with housing - and there are some of us who are only playing this game because of housing (in fact I suspect if housing disappeared tomorrow the game would be dead in 30 days).

As for dedicating scarce resources to custom castle plots - they already have custom plots in every combination , I'm not a code writer but pretty sure it's not hard to increase a plot size. It probably involved a lot more work to give us crafting options to make walls and floors. It probably involves even more work to come up with custom drops for EM events that happen every week and only benefit a few people. The only decent explanation I've ever heard is that owning a castle is nice enough, you don't get customization too. That I can accept.

Anyway, sorry for taking part in the derailment of this thread.

:offtopic:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Teleporter tiles just to get around your own house? Who's fault is that? They're only 'user unfriendly' if you screw it up on your own.

Anyone who has a Keep or a Castle on Atlantic should feel lucky to have one. I never hear my other in-game friends who have castles and keeps complaining like this. It's only here on Stratics where people take issue with every aspect of the game. Additionally, IMHO, I don't believe it is best use of developer resources to spend time making changes to a housing system that isn't broke.
So... keeping customers happy who have played the game for many years and have been around long enough to acquire keeps and castles on populated shards isn't worth any developer time? Really? And just what do you think is more worth the Developer time?

Putting in systems that almost no one uses or cares about.... Like Refinements? Changing things that aren't broke like Factions and giving us systems created by people who play on a dead shard in order to revitalize something that turns off over 70% of the playerbase?

Or putting on theatrics that can only be attended by 5% of the players?

Just because YOU don't think it's a worthwhile endeavor does that mean that no one else does.

Honestly I think it's something that should have been done years ago... But years ago the DEVs never gave a damn about what we thought or liked or wanted... they rarely asked the players at all... This team does. Not that it always takes that advise but it does ask. They tried to come up with a solution to keeps and castles but many of us feel that it falls quite short. Since adding more walls, doors, and floors doesn't address the fact that it's difficult to get around in a castle or the fact that the Keep still has 3 area's that are completely unusable. Where they finally made the Castles inner courtyard usable the Keep still has large unusable spaces... it also has too many stairwells that take up an enormous amount of the space many of which would be unnecessary if you could have doors to some of the rooms...

So somehow your opinions are worth more than mine or anyone elses? I pay to play this game too... Infact I'm willing to bet that I pay quite a bit more every month than you do... I've never played the roulette with my accounts.. they have been always paid and always running since the first day I acquired them. And this somehow makes my opinion less than yours?

I own 3 castles and 1 keep... How many do you have?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So... keeping customers happy who have played the game for many years and have been around long enough to acquire keeps and castles on populated shards isn't worth any developer time? Really? And just what do you think is more worth the Developer time?

Putting in systems that almost no one uses or cares about.... Like Refinements? Changing things that aren't broke like Factions and giving us systems created by people who play on a dead shard in order to revitalize something that turns off over 70% of the playerbase?

Or putting on theatrics that can only be attended by 5% of the players?

Just because YOU don't think it's a worthwhile endeavor does that mean that no one else does.

Honestly I think it's something that should have been done years ago... But years ago the DEVs never gave a damn about what we thought or liked or wanted... they rarely asked the players at all... This team does. Not that it always takes that advise but it does ask. They tried to come up with a solution to keeps and castles but many of us feel that it falls quite short. Since adding more walls, doors, and floors doesn't address the fact that it's difficult to get around in a castle or the fact that the Keep still has 3 area's that are completely unusable. Where they finally made the Castles inner courtyard usable the Keep still has large unusable spaces... it also has too many stairwells that take up an enormous amount of the space many of which would be unnecessary if you could have doors to some of the rooms...

So somehow your opinions are worth more than mine or anyone elses? I pay to play this game too... Infact I'm willing to bet that I pay quite a bit more every month than you do... I've never played the roulette with my accounts.. they have been always paid and always running since the first day I acquired them. And this somehow makes my opinion less than yours?

I own 3 castles and 1 keep... How many do you have?
I'm so tired of whenever someone wants something they cite the fact that they are a "paying customer" and must show how be entitled to the changes they desire. Your entire point seems to be a juvenile "I'm a paying customer and I want it now!". Weak argument, quite frankly.

You're entitled to think what you want, and I'm entitled to think and post about my side of the issue, which is why I prefaced my statement with "IMHO". I never said my opinion was worth more than yours or anyone elses, that's your own demented interpretation. So save your rant, big mouth.

I'm not going to stoop to your level of comparing how much we spend. Another pathetic response. And IDGAF if you THINK you spend more than I do or how many accounts your have. Just further thread derailment.

The only decent explanation I've ever heard is that owning a castle is nice enough, you don't get customization too. That I can accept.
You said it better than I could. ;)

Last edited:

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You said it better than I could. ;)
Yes, but by that logic, nobody should have anything in game that somebody else doesn't have, so everyone with one cool EM item shouldn't be able to get another regardless of whether or not they work for it - equality with fairness is a tricky balance. There was a heated thread awhile back about how everybody should be able to have access to every vet reward regardless of account age (full disclosure - I was against the change). In the end the Devs agreed and changed the system. If you don't ask for it, you're probably not going to get it so you will forgive those of us who dream of a customized castle every time this topic surfaces.

Fingers

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
All opinions here should get equal treatment / respect. Afterall, no matter that your a paying customer, or your happy with yada yada, or your not, etc, whatever whatever.....the dev team has final say, so post your comments, concerns, questions, wishes, desires, anti-whatever, whatever whatever. Lets just try to do it in an adult fashion, and snippet the "tudes" dudes. We all love the game else we wouldnt be here, so were kinda like family. Now, lets get to rockin out with our UO's out kthnz peoples!!