• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Id like to build A PvP characture and find a guild.

G

For fun. What else.

Id like to build PvP characture. Equip him or her the old fashion way from my humble earnings as a merchant.

I dont know which guild to choose. That will come later.

Looking for specific template advice, including the 120's. Which obviously I cant afford. But I have to get to 100 first anyway.

So where do I start. Ill train up and build and look for a guild later on SONOMA.

Help? Thanks.

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

Hi, Welcome to Sonoma and Welcome to the most diverse PvP Shard in UO. Sonoma packs all sort of PvP guilds and all matter of PvP Templates. Many people will suggest one template or another. I'll just go over a few things and these kind of reflect my personal conclusions others may say otherwise.

Mage Templates - If you want to be known by reputation this is probably the ticket. Mage templates are challenging to run. It takes timing, skill, memorization and experience. Since the last Publish gearing up a PvP mage is now more affordable and within everyone grasp with the changes in doom.

Warrior template - Chasing down and killing an enemy takes a bit of pac man skill to boot besides macros.

Archer Templates - umm.. can be effective, but takes less skill. I'd say go with a Mage and have fun..

W

Warlock\P/

Dexxer or Mage?

personally i think DP is the the most effective Dexxer wise

120 fencing
120 resist
100 anat
100 healing
100 poison
90 tactics
65 chiv
rest in med maybe for extra bit of regen

very effective versus necro mages, which is the majority now
pretty good against archers, less so against other melee since alot have parry

Mage wise its-

105 necro(kinda useless past 105 imo)
120 spirit speak
120 resist
120 magery
120 eval
120 med

hard/expensive to fit DCI or be able to chug potions with this so youre very susceptible to dexxers. smart ones can always disarm you. good against other mages and alot of utility with forms and unique spells

or my favorite-

120 magery
120 eval
120 resist
120 med
120 wrestle
100 scribe

very defensive template, easier to reach 45 dci cap with this temp, and leaves a free hand to drink potions. does very well against dexers

not so well against other necro mages, as strangle will shut down your offensive power alot

still overall my favorite as i think it has no glaring weaknesses

there are too many diff combinations to list, these seem like the standard, in my opinion anyway.

good luck!