• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) ICY Proposal for: Siege Community Council

Nurse Miss Maude

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you had played the last 2 years, you would had known, we do have some problems on the shard we need to solve as it hurt the shard and stop new players from join the shard.
Well it's been not quite a year since I played, but who's counting. Not me. Anyway, I thought all who played could be involved. I would think that might make the shard a better place. That is what I am doing, is trying to work together to make the shard a better place for all not a select few when it fits into their vision. Sorry my suggestions aren't meshing. Listening and being accepting of other opinions and suggestions might help people stay on the shard and not leave for "2 years".

Your other 2 points I don't understand why a council is needed for that. Changing items and taking that to Devs? So that will be decided by a few members of a council that a few members see fit to be in said council? Changing items should be a shard wide decision and put on the forums.

Bringing RP PvP doesn't need a council, just get out there and kill in the most evil way possible. WyRm used to do it with a flourish! Looting is part of Siege and it's part of some people's play style and well it's pretty evil. LOL Everyone needs to be able to play in their own play style and have fun. I don't think a council can tell anyone what fun is for them.

Perhaps it should be a closed council with closed RP working for whoever on the shard they want to let in and let the others they do not agree with just have their own fun? I don't know but it seems there are some contradictions. Come play on the shard as long as you play in a particular way.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You don't know what this are about, you had not seen what did happen and why we do have an issue

Nurse Miss Maude

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't know what this are about, you had not seen what did happen and why we do have an issue
Very well then since this has turned very unwelcoming to a returning player, I respectfully remove myself from this whole business. Good luck with the expansion of the shard.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It seems like every time I look through a long thread like this on the Siege forum it ends either in a new/returning player leaving the shard or guilds fighting over the proper rules for the looting of corpses in pvp.

I don't mean to be judgmental here, but wouldn't it be in the best interest of the shard to keep new and returning players around instead of getting them involved in forum drama which leads to posts like the one above this where they leave the shard due to drama?

When a new/returning player appears and is immediately told "you weren't here so you don't understand" that does not give a friendly community vibe... it gives a "you don't deserve an opinion if you aren't here every day" type of vibe.

Just saying....

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Very well then since this has turned very unwelcoming to a returning player, I respectfully remove myself from this whole business. Good luck with the expansion of the shard.
Sorry about that, was never meant to become unwelcoming to anyone but for players just returned or new to the shard, it can be hard to see the whole picture and what issues the shard do have.
Events, RP, help to new players, wish to devs, it's all good and should be a part of this but if we can't fix the respect between the players and remove this feeling of us vs them, it will never work.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I don't mean to be judgmental here, but wouldn't it be in the best interest of the shard to keep new and returning players around instead of getting them involved in forum drama which leads to posts like the one above this where they leave the shard due to drama?
Nurse Miss Maude is not a new player but a returning player.

The drame exist because we do have an issue we need to solve and hiding the problems do not solve them. We need to debat them with an open mind and get the respect back for different playstyles. That goes both ways.

Bringing RP PvP doesn't need a council, just get out there and kill in the most evil way possible. WyRm used to do it with a flourish! Looting is part of Siege and it's part of some people's play style and well it's pretty evil. LOL Everyone needs to be able to play in their own play style and have fun. I don't think a council can tell anyone what fun is for them.
Maude look back at the past and it correct, we did not have the problem at that time. One way to fix it is to get more evil PvP'ers to make it on Siege. That in bold is what I want back on Siege.
Maude may misunderstand what we are trying to do, at least us on the evil side. I do know the "good" side to have other goals for the Council.

We do not need more drama, we need respect for others playstyle. Again, I mean both ways.