• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Assuming you are asking what is the "new ICQ" most players use? It would be Discord which is what skett posted.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What is the best ICQ app. That most players use on U O ?
Many switched to Discord throughout the years or use both (I still use it but not as much), it's an old Russian program and unsure if it's being updated that much these days. Some had recovery/password issues and couldn't reset, there's also the fact that it's no longer in the app store either... so if you break or lose ur previous phone, you won't be able to install it from scratch on a new one. Can still get through your computer though but Discord is becoming more the chat program of choice for gaming these days

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Many switched to Discord throughout the years or use both (I still use it but not as much), it's an old Russian program and unsure if it's being updated that much these days. Some had recovery/password issues and couldn't reset, there's also the fact that it's no longer in the app store either... so if you break or lose ur previous phone, you won't be able to install it from scratch on a new one. Can still get through your computer though but Discord is becoming more the chat program of choice for gaming these days
Was it always Russian? I thought they bought it more recently.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
when they started demanding phone numbers to connect I was out. :(

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Was it always Russian? I thought they bought it more recently.
"Originally developed by the Israeli company Mirabilis in 1996, the client was bought by AOL in 1998, and then by Mail.Ru Group (now VK) in 2010"