• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ICQ Shutting Down June 26th 2024

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last edited:

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I know this isn't specific to UO but I also know that much of this community uses ICQ so just passing along the info ICQ will stop working from June 26 - they are suggesting people switch to VK.com | VK (a Russian social media and networking service, FYI)

Reach out to your contacts and reconnect with them on Discord Discord | Your Place to Talk and Hang Out
Wow, this is legit news... it's been kinda flaky for some time but the switch to Discord will have to happen

1716578495267.png

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Give yourself to the Discord side. It is the only way you can communicate with your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Well that's a bummer.

*Rummages through an old chest full of dusty old scrolls and finds the one with the tag "Discord" and settles down for a read*

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
gonna miss that spinning flower.
I always knew once it changed from red to green my friends would be there waiting for me.

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
well,
my discord handle is: finley_grant

anyone welcome to add me :)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
End of an era. Goodbye old icq number!
Funny you say that because to this day, I still remember my ICQ number from 20 years ago... friends and family phone #'s?? Nah those aren't nearly as useful! lol

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Yes, someone start a Discord server and post it

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, someone start a Discord server and post it
There are quite a few established ones already;

Join the Ultima Online Siege Perilous Discord Server! (siege specific)

just a couple of the more popular ones