• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ICQ Hacked!!!!!!!!!

A

Argantes

Hi,
for anyone who knows me, ive uninstalled icq and will no longer use it. I have been made aware that someone has been using my icq account and asking people for account details. Anyone who knows me in ultima I'm sure would confirm I have never asked for their account details and never will, so please be careful and aware that any future messages from my icq number are not me! Username was argantes - 249621266

thanks

C

cheerful

It was always my understanding that people could only get access to your icq account if you accepted a file download from them and that 'normal' chat use of icq was safe.
Is this still true?

A

Argantes

i have no idea how this has happened, but there is a topic ongoing about this on uhall. seems one person so far has given out details. :(

D

Divster

I got a question from you yesterday asking for a new suit for a new char which i found kinda amusing hehe silly human!

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got an ICQ from the hacker on Friday saying "Can i log on your mage later if your not busy" etc. Didn't hand him over anything though, i just barraged him with a ton of questions and he signed off eventually when he couldn't answer them.

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far ive had message`s from

Argantas account
OMG ITS CHAZ
Multi Dwagon

all asking if i still play uo... if they can log my account...use my mage.. seems quiet a few ppl have been hacked

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm on Argantes contact list, and I had an enforced upgrade, which I refused to install when it popped up in what looked like arabic. I won't be using ICQ again, folks can find me in game, either personally or via any member of my guild or via PM here or my own message board. As for the hacker; well, all I gotta say to him is 'may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your bum and your arms fall off'.

M

Melissa Rohan

Hi, I just had the following pop up as well

Argantes ‎(11:15 AM):
hey emily
can i get on ur account

Seems this 11 year old thinks its funny to do stuff like this. As if I'd place any personal details on ICQ about me or even use the same email details etc. Some people are so .... lame.

Never mind, you go back to school soon. Maybe that will keep you amused.

Melissa

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it has been discovered how this person is accessing people's icq accounts. If an apparent 'friend' on your list gets chatty about stuff you don't normally discuss with them, be suspicious, he is attempting to get people to give him the answer to their icq security question.