• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I wish to have a responce from EA.....

• Thread starter Tovladian Soltyr
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
T

Tovladian Soltyr

Ok let me start my post from a quoted page of EA/UO's website....

Unacceptable Bug- or Exploit-created Items May 3 2002 5:09PM
In the long history of Ultima Online, there have been certain items that have entered the game due to bugs or exploits. We have been hesitant to post a list of such items, for some unscrupulous players might see such a list and attempt to recreate such illegal items. However, to help players discern the differences between these illegal exploit/bug items and legal rare items, we now feel that there are certain exploit-based items that can be listed publicly.

The illegal items listed below were created or obtained through the use of an exploit or bug, and are not able to be obtained or acquired through any legitimate means. Players who are found to have, use, trade, or sell them may have action taken against their account.

These listed items continue to exist in the world even though they are not re-creatable, but please do not consider them the only items that are unacceptable within UO. Just because an item may not be on this list does not necessarily mean it is legal. We reserve the right to change & update this list at any time.

* Portable ballot boxes
* Portable forges
* Belt pouches
* Metal ranger armor (ranger armor should be leather-based, not metal)
* Faction-purple non-dyeable items (please note that some items in the game, such as cloaks or fancy shirts, may legitimately be dyed a color similar to the faction-purple color. This listing specifically refers to those items that should never be purple, such as spellbooks, armor, weapons, etc.)
* Water tiles
* Silver steeds (except for Siege Perilous, Mugen, and Baekdu)
* Tame ancient wyrms

It is critical for all players to understand the following information about this list of exploit-created items:

* There may be exploit-created items within the world that are not on this list-but just because items are not on this list, does not necessarily mean they are legal.
* We reserve the right to change this list at any time.
* This list will only note items that were created with bugs or exploit that can no longer be created.

Please also note that we continue to look extremely unfavorably against any player who attempts to use a bug or exploit in order to create an item that should not normally exist within the game, and players who violate the rules of UO at any time may have action taken against their UO game accounts.

Here's a link to that page should anyone wish to go see for themselves http://www.uo.com/cgi-bin/newstools.pl?Article=6097

Anyway, my request...seeing as the last time that was friggen updated was 2002....um hello it's 2008 now. Is to have an updated list of what items are Illagel to own. Now I personally research an item the best I can before buying it for my Museum but what is the true way to tell a dupe from a real items, other then the obvious "There was only a few of these items made why are there 10 in one house" kinda thing. I don't even give the obvious dupes a second look, such as the Glacial colored spell books and the Ethereal Cloaks that are spewed about. But what about items that there are a lot of but they were only done on Asian based shards? That get Xfered over to the other shards. I mean how can we truly know what items are legit and not legit when EA doesn't even run the same events on ALL shards.

I mean it would suck if they did it but maybe they need to get rid of Shard Xfering all together if they aren't going to keep the events and unique items fair across all shards?

But anyway back to the focus of the post, can we please get an updated list of items that are no no's?

Cause you have the times when owning an items is illegal but later on down the road becomes just another "Rare". For example the Sigil colored stuff, at one time it was 100% illegal to even have a piece of it. Down the road though EA changed it to where it wasn't illegal to have those items since they had fixed the bug.

Then you have the other instance of the Obviously duped Shrouds of Shadows that were ToT Colored. Those for example didn't become illegal to own but they were obviously illegal to make. So please, someone from EA keep us updated on items we shouldn't have. And every time a new items pops up make a news note about it saying "Hey new item out there be on the look out and DO NOT buy/own!!!!"

That would protect a lot of innocent every day players that get some wool pulled over their eyes and get told something is an event item from another shard then end up getting band for it later.

I personally am not one of those people that got banned cause I never buy an item without fully researching it first like I said before. But from what I've read with all the accounts banned so far it was basically a case of wrong place/wrong time :/.

Anyway my question is out there now, please respond EA. I know it's more work on you all at EA but hey if you don't want to work, don't charge a subscription fee plain and simple.

btw * This list will only note items that were created with bugs or exploit that can no longer be created. <----- that is BS why not tell us of the items and not tell us how there made, that's easier to protect your gaming community and keep subscriptions coming in, I'm getting to the point I don't want to buy or sell anything in game or even log in anymore out of fear that I'll be banned for sneezing in game or something.

T

Tovladian Soltyr

I know it's far fetched, but worth a shot. Trying to take the precautions that I need to keep my accounts safe, specially my Museum account cause it's held by my Beta account.

I will delete any items they put on the list asap but I don't want to go on a deleting spree without having any knowledge that an item is legit or not. I don't have any items personally that I think are iffy but I have on many occasion wanted to buy something that looked cool and would look great in the museum but didn't buy cause of everything going on in game right now. If I could get an updated list I would feel more comfortable buying some items if I knew they were safe to own.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
most they'll do is go delete that post from the website.
It's been mentioned at least 5 other times in the past week.. if it wasn't deleted yet, I don't think it will be.

Past that, I can't exactly remember any items that would fit in the same category as any of these being made in the past 6 years (aside form the Dog Dupe stuff, but the devs already said those are own at your own risk). The cheaters have really just been focusing on duping since then, and it's impossible to make a full list of those since it could be literally any item.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And you've been "kidding" for the past two weeks along with a few other very annoying people. It's getting old.

S

Sarphus

some player had a moongate they were selling on the trader's forum. Draconi responded directly to the thread saying that the moongate was an illegal item and he would advise deleting the item immediately.

So add moongates to the list of illegal items.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
some player had a moongate they were selling on the trader's forum. Draconi responded directly to the thread saying that the moongate was an illegal item and he would advise deleting the item immediately.

I understand what you mean, but you should still at least add that the person who said they had one was just making it up to gauge the reaction of everyone. :p

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Oh great now I can't even cast Gate anymore when will it end!!!! :p

Which is nothing more than another example of paranoia.
Would rather be a paranoid player then a banned one there skippy.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

And that person in question is supposedly a very knowledgable person, collector, and webmaster..

Not to implicate myself or others, but after all of these mass-exodus of players, who do you think is left?

C

Connor_Graham

no. it just seems like you are defending the scam vendors in Luna
Please quote where I've said to buy from obvious "scam vendors". I'd really like to see that.

telling people to go purchase things. are you trying to get people banned?
You can buy from vendors without fear of being banned simply by using common sense. Jeremy said herself that being in posession of 1 or 2 items isn't enough to get you banned, but if you go out and buy 30 of them, then you only have yourself to blame. Like I said, use common sense and you have nothing to fear.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Connor runs one of the few honest shops in Luna/Pac.

Im one of his biggest financial supporters =)

C

Connor_Graham

Connor runs one of the few honest shops in Luna/Pac.

Im one of his biggest financial supporters =)
Why, thank you. That's a very kind thing to say.

Btw, do you have a rune to the new house location?

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please quote where I've said to buy from obvious "scam vendors". I'd really like to see that.

You can buy from vendors without fear of being banned simply by using common sense. Jeremy said herself that being in posession of 1 or 2 items isn't enough to get you banned, but if you go out and buy 30 of them, then you only have yourself to blame. Like I said, use common sense and you have nothing to fear.
what about 29?

C

Connor_Graham

I do not.. i do most of my shopping with a lap around Luna.

Lock one down for me?
I don't have a vendor in Luna anymore so don't have anywhere to lock one down at. I can meet you in game and give one to ya if you'd like. Just send me a PM so we can set a time and place to meet at.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have a vendor in Luna anymore so don't have anywhere to lock one down at. I can meet you in game and give one to ya if you'd like. Just send me a PM so we can set a time and place to meet at.
Sounds good.

Oh been having some luck selling those stranger gems for around 750k.