• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I will no longer be one of your shard reporters

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a few minutes ago I turned in my resignation as a Stratics Reporter. I did this because in the last few months I find myself not logging in as much as I did before. I did not think it was fair to you the players on the Catskills shard to have a reporter taking up a position and not playing in game full time.
I have been going back and forth on if I even want to keep my UO account open at this time. Most likely I will at least till they get SA out the door and I see if it brings back the old excitement. Till then you need a reporter who has that fire in them for the game.
I have enjoyed writing and sharing information with all of you, and was honored to interact with so many of you in game. I will still be stalking these boards, and who knows I may even start posting more on the subjects I have strong feelings about.
Thank you for your time, and if any of you are a good writer who loves the game I encourage you to apply for my old position.

Vallend

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow....... I am so sorry to see you go. I loved reading your writing and shard reports... I'm.... I'm... speechless... :sad3: :sad2: :fight:

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to hear you'll be stepping down. I always enjoyed your work. Who knows, maybe after a break, and SA that old spark will return.

J

jelinidas

You did a great job. Be proud, you will be missed as a reporter. I hope your self imposed time out will also restart that fire. Be safe, Have fun, and hurry back!

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bad news indeed! I hope the Catskills community doesn't lose you for good.

Is that the reason why the Catskills news are no longer updated?

C

Callie

Hmm,
That's a shame, Vallend. I've spoken with you in game briefly on many occasions. You are well respected and well liked, often spoken highly of. Rest assured you will be missed, but please do what you have to do for you to be happy :). Here's hoping that something will spark you again and release your inner passion anew.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bad news indeed! I hope the Catskills community doesn't lose you for good.

Is that the reason why the Catskills news are no longer updated?
That's part of the reason. The other part is that I have very, very, very little time, and e-mails for news seem to end up in my spam folder every so often (I just now saw your e-mail about the black market when skimming through the folder before emptying it).

*wonders if there are any folks around who might be interested in reporting*

You'll be missed Vallend... but you'll be back. You can never leave UO for too long :)

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not left the game completely yet. Matter of fact I spent a few hours last night in game with a old friend who just returned to the game. Just besides that I would say I have less then 2 hours in game in the last 2 weeks.
One of the reasons I was not covering player ran events the last few months was because a guild on Catskills threatened to ruin any event I was at. Long story short, They disagreed with a few of my posts and took the childish road by threatening to ruin anything where I showed up. So rather then ruin fun events for players on Catskills I stayed clear of them. :sad4:
I still love the Catskills shard more then you know and think we have the best player base out of all the shards. There are so many bright and talented people on the shard. Problem there is also many childish greedy people too.
If you see me in game in Luna or New Haven come up and say "hi!" I do enjoy chatting to people in game and making new friends.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not left the game completely yet. Matter of fact I spent a few hours last night in game with a old friend who just returned to the game. Just besides that I would say I have less then 2 hours in game in the last 2 weeks.
One of the reasons I was not covering player ran events the last few months was because a guild on Catskills threatened to ruin any event I was at. Long story short, They disagreed with a few of my posts and took the childish road by threatening to ruin anything where I showed up. So rather then ruin fun events for players on Catskills I stayed clear of them. :sad4:
I still love the Catskills shard more then you know and think we have the best player base out of all the shards. There are so many bright and talented people on the shard. Problem there is also many childish greedy people too.
If you see me in game in Luna or New Haven come up and say "hi!" I do enjoy chatting to people in game and making new friends.
Don't let the idiots win, matey!

C

CatLord

Making me post...

If I let the idiots stop me or their words slow me... HAR!

Get your arse back on Catskills...

If anyone tries anything... I will be happy to strike...

Trammel Hunts will be filled with hunting partners,
Miasmas and Swoops wont ever be empty,
80% of the trammel community will have an eye on them...
If they step on Felluca... we will hear them use ghost speech...

man... when did we let others interfere with our fun?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am ashamed that we even have people like that on our shard.

Ankanna

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That really sucks, Vallend! I hope you change your mind. You have alot of people on Catskills who would have your back in a fight. Don't let small minded people ruin it for you. See ya around...

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to see you go Vallend... The PM offer stands if you decide to make another MMORPG your home.

Meanwhile: *wonders if there are any folks around who might be interested in reporting* If there are - please step forward and take advantage of what Vallend can teach you!

F

Franklin

You'll be back Val. I remember you took a break for awhile earlier, but you came back. :bowdown:

I also hope we can get someone with the time and energy to cover more events to apply. My own time in UO has been very sporadic, and my coverage of events has been lacking for months now. A lot of my in-game friends seem to have disappeared. I invented my evil twin to add a new, darker spin to things (hopefully funny, too) but real life worries and distractions have kept me from logging in much at all lately, let alone showing up at events and writing about them. I intend to keep my accounts open until the end of time, but I'm not using them much at all right now.

I do try to at least post items that are sent in, but like Gildar said, some of them end up in the spam filter and a lot of things that are sent to our Stratics addresses involve prescription drugs from Russia and other unsavory things.

If anyone is interested in covering shard news, please look through some of the old Catskills stories, check out what's posted on the other shards, and let us all know. It is a fun job if you have the time for it, especially if you like to write and socialize.

With apologies for my continued absence,
Franklin

C

CatLord

Most of the idiots lost their crafting accounts... retribution was fun.

Good to see you roaming Catskills again Vallend.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vallend...we fought back to back many many times. We've both shared a good laugh. This game "Ultima Online" is a wonderful escape from reality.

Though I rarely am ever seen anymore. I always have intended on returning to the game. You my friend Vallend are a staple in the world of Ultima Online. What is Catskills without you?

Thank you for being yourself. I've never known you to be a jerk...ever. In my little opinion you are the perfect example of what an UO-gamer should strive to be.

I do believe it was you that found the book of truth was it not? I will again visit the library to see if your name still stands.

Come and go as you please Vallend. But just like myself...I hope you will not disappear.

-Hagrid

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes...the library in Moonglow. The bottom of the Lycaeum as of: 7:00pm EST, on: 9-20-2008. Your name is there. I checked it out myself.