• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] I want to know the market price of Double blessed item

Loriel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In short... a lot, probably 400m+

Its double exceptional and double blessed.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
If you choose to sell maybe do an auction, I would be interested in if it sold for 400m.

Vesti

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Is this price because it's a particularly interesting item or? Because I have many of these things

Kuru

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is this price because it's a particularly interesting item or? Because I have many of these things
Who knows anymore. I personally don’t really look at a jester suit as a particularly desirable clothing item, but then again, no one even bothered to ask for the hue before throwing out a number. Do you actually have many of these things? Or do you just have a lot of dbl exceptional items?

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its only valuable because it has the old "of exceptional quality" with the (blessed) tag at the end in title. This variant is more rare than the over sturated double exceptional clothing items (without the blessed tag on title) and the regular clothing with the (blessed) tag.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
There are a few old tag combination options. A Jester Suit Of Exceptional Quality(Blessed), Jester Suit[Exceptional](Blessed), A Jester Suit Made By Jason[Exceptional](Blessed), A Jester Suit Sewn by Jason(Blessed). **I Feel like I'm missing something but I can't figure out what it would be**

I have seen someone say they had a item that had 3 tags that looked like this.... A Jester Suit Sewn By Jason[Exceptional](Blessed). Sewn being the 3rd for anyone who may be confused. However I have never seen this in person. If you could have that then you should be able to also have A Jester Suit Sewn By Jason[Exceptional] as well, but I haven't ever owned one of these either.

I have owned many of the items with the tags at the top over the years. The one you have is rare, but it would be the least rare of the items with multiple tags. With that said I would be surprised to see it sell for 400m. Todays market is definitely crazy and there are people that want to sell stuff like this that have drove the market up so they could dump large amounts of it. But I would price it at like 250-325m. A Jester suit is probably one of the less desirable clothing pieces, they just look goofy on a mannequin, so it may be harder to sell. I am very interested in what this sells for. As someone who owns lots of these types of items it selling for over 400m just increases the value of my collection. Any interest in doing an Auction?

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am very interested in what this sells for. As someone who owns lots of these types of items it selling for over 400m just increases the value of my collection. Any interest in doing an Auction?
I would be interested as well, but I also know the vast group of collectors that really were hoarding this stuff have left the game and sold off. Who is left that is willing to pay these kinds of prices?

Loriel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Look I was just trying to give him a fair price and you can both talk down that price all you want but neither of you appears to have made an offer.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Look I was just trying to give him a fair price and you can both talk down that price all you want but neither of you appears to have made an offer.
I am not talking down your price in any way @Loriel ...I am sorry if it came off that way. I am just offering another opinion is all.

I have been collecting these items for quite some time and when the prices went way up I said the whole time that the market was just being inflated by people that were offloading collections and trying to act like their items were more valuable than they were. So I don't think your 400m price check was wrong, I just think it lines up more with the inflated numbers touted by people that just wanted to get more for their collections. I am just holding to the same opinion I have shared on here numerous times over the last few years...that these shouldn't be priced that high. It is funny however that I got made fun off 10+ years ago for collecting this stuff because people thought it wasn't worth anything. Some people with lots of gold got interested and the market for them went sky high.

Loriel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The thing is and I hope this is not an actionable post but, inflation happens for many reasons, people can artificially inflate like you were suggesting but also happens because of the lowering of the RMT value of an in game currency like gold in UO. When it becomes less valuable, prices go up. When I first started making gold I was investing in items that I thought would beat inflation in terms of appreciation in value because what was once 3p five years ago may be worth something towards just less than double that now. Unfortunately prices do go up on a lot of things but you have to look at it how I look at it and how I think you mentioned in your post that the price of your collection has also risen. My main comparison is with [exceptional](blessed) items with many of these worth towards the plat mark especially skirts or equivalent slots, cloaks about the same and footwear even more. You may have noticed some of these type of items on safes recently at 9p or so, personally I think that IS ridiculous but with this item that is what I’m comparing to as really it’s just a rung down in terms of rarity to those.
But like I said, test the water, make a fair offer and see what the OP has to say. Prawn may outbid you but who knows, maybe the seller just wants a quick sale or maybe he isn’t even looking to sell. Your first response seems to suggest you wouldn’t even be unhappy to pay 400 or maybe I read that wrong.