• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] I want banana trees!!!!

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love it if we could grow short and tall banana trees. I really like the graphics for them. :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shelleybean's banana tree and some of my wishes

those flowers on the house are called decorative vines, but placed free-standing they kinda look like Rose o' Sharon, yes?

S

soulstoner

The banana trees would be super awesome. :thumbsup: with bananas as resources. The Rose of Sharon is sweet idea too !!! Always nifty things to look forward to in the world of gardening - we HAVE had some really neat items this past year - Thank you Lady Sakkarah & Team. :bowdown:

PS Still hoping for stackable chocolate ingredients along with some recipes for some nifty choclate cookables with some stat or protective boosters.

F

Flora Green

Agree on banana trees and them producing bananas. I hope that at some point all of the plants will be released (including the coconut and date palms) and that the resource producing plants will work accordingly. Also agree on the chocolate ingredients stacking. Unless I missed it, I have NEVER seen an explanation as to why this didn't happen or if it will happen in the future and I asked A LOT about it.

In the meantime, has anyone heard anything else about baskets? I'm (and a few others) are assuming bamboo will come into play since Sakkarah hinted that "Flora" should like how they are made. (My paraphrase). :)

B

Beastmaster

Basketweaving is coming with SA. But I don't know anything about how the resources will be obtained or even what they are.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
in addition to the flowers (the white poppies being a particular passion ;) ) the pond that isn't all square blocks and windows with shutters!

*sigh*

F

Flora Green

in addition to the flowers (the white poppies being a particular passion ;) ) the pond that isn't all square blocks and windows with shutters!

*sigh*
Yes! And corner window pieces. Please. :)

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would love it if we could grow short and tall banana trees. I really like the graphics for them. :)
I found Sir Robert's Banana Tree! Go take a peekon Test Center I, TRammel facet N of Minoc @ coordinates: 125o 47' N X 80o 0' E. Nom Nom Nom...it's out of fruit.;P

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found Sir Robert's Banana Tree! Go take a peekon Test Center I, TRammel facet N of Minoc @ coordinates: 125o 47' N X 80o 0' E. Nom Nom Nom...it's out of fruit.;P
I went to take a look at it and it's very cool. I wonder why it's there?

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both the tall and short banana trees will be available as part of SA, unfortunately they are not obtained through gardening.

They are part of the Primeval Lich champ spawn.

As the spawn levels, new decorations will appear throughout the champ spawn area. Two random items among them will "become unlocked" at some point during the spawn and players can just take them and go home. These 2 trees are part of those items.

F

Flora Green

Both the tall and short banana trees will be available as part of SA, unfortunately they are not obtained through gardening.

As the spawn levels, new decorations will appear throughout the champ spawn area. Two random items among them will "become unlocked" at some point during the spawn and players can just take them and go home. These 2 trees are part of those items.
Ugh. None for me.rolleyes::thumbdown:

D

Deb

Is this a Peerless Champ or the new Fel ruleset one?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lich spawn??? Oh please rethink that. You know who will find a way to camp them and then sell for bazillions. This is such depressing news...

Please, no awesome plants as loot like that. :(

Ty for trees not becoming deeds every morning! :)

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess that's none for me either :sad4:

Pretty please let's re-think that?

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just do what anyone else does and create a char to join a pvp guild with. I mean, if you really are a girl/woman, I'm sure you would have no problem getting into a pvp guild. :dunce:

It seems a bit better than sitting on the boards complaining about an item not existing and then complaining about it being obtained. Yet again, ya'll should just join a pvp guild to get the items for free because you probably are women. (hence the complaining)

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But...we're gardeners, nurturers, and nature loving gentle souls drooling over the prospect of banana cream pie and lush tropical theme abodes. You're going to give this horticulturist's and culinary wish list winner to bloodthirsty killers, mayhem makers. Um what is pk going to do with a banana tree?

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm, perhaps you need another forum for your misogynist issues. This thread started out as a desire to grow banana trees. That's the reason why it was posted in the gardening forum. I don't enjoy pvp. Now if I did enjoy pvp, I'd probably want my efforts rewarded with items that were going to help me pvp, but I guess that's a different matter altogether.

D

Deb

But...we're gardeners, nurturers, and nature loving gentle souls drooling over the prospect of banana cream pie and lush tropical theme abodes. You're going to give this horticulturist's and culinary wish list winner to bloodthirsty killers, mayhem makers. Um what is pk going to do with a banana tree?
Unfortunately they will prob sell them to us gardeners or try to for 5 mill gp
or more. Not sure why something that is clearly for gardeners and deco nuts
is in a pvp environment. Give them a new artie weapon or armor instead.

M

Mephistos

Putting a nice decoration as a reward for pvping is just plain silly. Pvpers should want more things to help them pvp, like a new artie, or something else. But a banana tree?

Unfortunately they will prob sell them to us gardeners or try to for 5 mill gp or more.
This is all that will really happen to them, but it'll be more like 30-40 million. When it could have been just a really rare seed that the people here in the gardening forum were wanting...

F

Flora Green

This is right up there with having futons as loot. I mean, who crafts them exactly, the bad guy? Why weren't they added years ago with SA? They are basic Japanese deco.

Please reconsider this. All of the improvements and additions to gardening and now this back step which makes no sense not to mention it's PvP related. Everything doesn't have to be about that, not everyone PvPs, but everyone CAN buy a tree from a plant shop. I'm not the type who thinks every single thing should be craftable, but there is no point to sticking a plant as a drop.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to add that I think that the idea of having loot becoming unlocked during the champ is a very cool idea. It sounds like most of it will probably be deco. I hope that in the future something like this could be incorporated into the Trammel ruleset champs, maybe on a smaller scale.

As far as the banana tree is concerned, I think a compromise can be made. Maybe the one that becomes unlocked during the champ spawn has a special name like the one in the screen shot in this thread. Banana tree seeds could still be added to the plant system either as a special mutant, peculiar seed, quest, you name it.

L

Lord Drakelord

Primeval Lich champ spawn
I forgot where that was.

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree - the reward item given should match the playstyle of the person receiving the reward. Give the pvp'ers scrolls, armor, weapons etc and give the gardeners back their plants please :)

B

Beastmaster

I agree - the reward item given should match the playstyle of the person receiving the reward. Give the pvp'ers scrolls, armor, weapons etc and give the gardeners back their plants please :)
Its the trend in UO these days. Gardeners not only grow fodder they get to be fodder as well.

T

Teeshy

Oh, I like the idea of them becomign an unlocked item during spawns!

I don't pvp I'm afraid, so I won't go to the fel ruleset spawn, but I know quite a few people that do, that also like to deco their house, so I know they'll be happy!

F

Flora Green

Yes, but they could deco their houses with a tree that is grown just as easily and the gardening community wouldn't be left out. I mean, banana trees do come from seeds afterall.