• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I think it's been 8 years...

Jhaelyrr

Visitor
...since I last logged into UO. Funny how nostalgia makes you randomly re-open an account you thought was long gone :D

Siege seems rather...empty. Or I just don't know where anyone is hanging around these days. My Great Lakes access is bugged from a decade old messed up character transfer. Austin and Napa are barren. Can anyone recommend where there may be a large population still roaming around? Atlantic maybe? Maybe I can get my GL access fixed and try back there.

I even found an old signature file from back in the day.

~Jhae

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Welcome back!

Atlantic is the most populated shard, but it depends on what you are looking for. Are you interested in trade? RP? PvP? PvE? There are solid communities on most shards still, though some are bigger and easier to find than others.

If you log into a different shard and page a GM, they should be able to fix your bugged transfer. It's not an uncommon issue. Hopefully it won't matter that it sat that way for a long time. I think GL is still the second most populated shard.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Siege might seem empty until you say something in gen chat...you don't see many people around but they are there!!

The new EM there, Kincaid, is AMAZING!

Give a shout out to Tanager in game....she's usually around and there's a new crafting guild as well.

Welcome back!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Welcome Back! I was also on vacation from this world for several years, came back in 2015. If you looking for people just to play in the game and relearn all you have forgotten, you could check the guild threads that most of the Shard forums will have. I play Siege and Sonoma (Houses on both shards) But I travel across several other shards (mostly during the EM events). Now Siege may appear empty as Larisa said there are folks there, a shout in General chat will get you a reply pretty quick, especially if it's a new name that they not seen before or a name that has been gone a long time.

A Summary for Returning Players – Ultima Online
People's Army of Sonoma • Index page
Gilfane

Above are links to the groups I run with on Siege and Sonoma. Now GIL (not in the guild) is by far the largest on Siege and they have a LOT of good people there, and Larisa already told you about the EM there and I have to agree he is great. If you going to Siege ask about NOOB. On Sonoma, I run with a group that does PVM, Events, a small bit of RP and once in a great while some PvP.

Jhaelyrr

Visitor
Thanks, all :)

I'll take a runabout Siege some more, fix my Great Lakes and see what I have left on Atlantic - I did see a few random names float by on Siege last night, although I doubt anyone saw me :) My old stealth everywhere habit seemed to start immediately.