• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I think I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been taking a break for the past little while. Maybe absence would make the heart grow fonder and all that.

It didn't.

I've come to the conclusion that I just don't care about UO any more. Don't get me wrong, I've had some of the best gaming-related times of my life in this little world of ours, and the people were always awesome. But I log in and I just don't care. I've done all that's worth doing, and most of the stuff that wasn't. I've killed all that are worth killing, and then I killed some more. I've died in all the ways worth dying, and then I've died some more.

It's time for me to move on, and save myself $15 per month paying for a game that will never again hold the magic that it once did.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*removes hat and bows*

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to hear it sir, best wishes in your future! We'll miss your clever comments! :(

Elfstone

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I havent played since July. Sometimes I do miss it still.
Having windows 7 makes it so I cant play, so I dont. I could get on my old laptop and mess around a bit but its just not worth the monthly fee to play 3 times a month.
I get on here and read whats going on and it doesnt seem like Im missing anything. I still havent found anything else though to fill the void from UO.
Im guessing I never will find anything that had the magic UO did 5 years ago.
I do miss all the big battles and losing my azz to KOC and the rest of the evils that made this game so much fun.
Happy Turkey day and good luck on what adventures may find you.

Afterglow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Wulf for the good time in game I enjoyed due to your presence!

I hope to meet you again in another virtual world, until that time Fare ye well good Sire! *bows deeply*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sad to see you go, life moves on and so must we. When you no longer enjoy something it's time to stop. Stay in touch now and then and let us know how life is treating you?

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Take care Wulf, you'll be missed.

I also run UO with Win 7.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to recommend what Davy said! There is a group of us there that are playing regularly. A few years ago, Fidessa and some others were playing there, though I have lost track of them, but they may still be. I also have word that there is a Castor and a Py Lethius [sp?] playing there as well!

Good luck to you, whatever you decide and where ever you go!

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to recommend what Davy said! There is a group of us there that are playing regularly. A few years ago, Fidessa and some others were playing there, though I have lost track of them, but they may still be. I also have word that there is a Castor and a Py Lethius [sp?] playing there as well!

Good luck to you, whatever you decide and where ever you go!
Where is there? PM me if you can't post it.

Thanks,
Kage

V

Vaelix

Where is there? PM me if you can't post it.

Thanks,
Kage
Paralyze Spam
Red Gank Squads
Alchy Pot Scripts
Instant Bola's

Thats what I remember.

(I Have Alchy/Stun/Mage , LJ/Sword/Alchy, Mace/Alchy Chars- All Finished and Invuln/Vanq'd Up)

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish it didnt have so much alchy templates in that era...that being said its fun :)

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I might be back here, or 'other places', in a few years, if the itch ever returns.

But I really don't see it happening.

Who knows, maybe when my son's old enough to totally pwn some nubz I'll swing back round these parts and see if I can catch any residual magic through his eyes.

Until then I wish you all the best, and may all your stabbings be pleasant ones.

Malagar T'sarran

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I might be back here, or 'other places', in a few years, if the itch ever returns.

But I really don't see it happening.

Who knows, maybe when my son's old enough to totally pwn some nubz I'll swing back round these parts and see if I can catch any residual magic through his eyes.

Until then I wish you all the best, and may all your stabbings be pleasant ones.
what about ur house??? u letting it drop i hope

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what about ur house??? u letting it drop i hope
I have nothing to say to you beyond regret that your poor parents will some day find you in their basement, slumped naked over an inflatable sheep, three days dead from an overdose of amphetamines. The cat would have eaten your eyelids by then, but it still refuses to approach you ever since the incident with the ice cream. Your funeral will be attended by no more than 3 relatives, two of which are there for the food, and one because your parents needed a ride. The only people to visit your gravesite will be two horny teenagers in the middle of the night, who will be unable to achieve climax due to a creepy feeling, thus nullifying even that avenue of vicarious sexual contact from your existence. Your obituary will be riddled with typos that nobody will ever notice.

E

Elmer Fudd

I have nothing to say to you beyond regret that your poor parents will some day find you in their basement, slumped naked over an inflatable sheep, three days dead from an overdose of amphetamines. The cat would have eaten your eyelids by then, but it still refuses to approach you ever since the incident with the ice cream. Your funeral will be attended by no more than 3 relatives, two of which are there for the food, and one because your parents needed a ride. The only people to visit your gravesite will be two horny teenagers in the middle of the night, who will be unable to achieve climax due to a creepy feeling, thus nullifying even that avenue of vicarious sexual contact from your existence. Your obituary will be riddled with typos that nobody will ever notice.
OMG......That is the absolute funniest thing i have ever heard....the reason its so damn funny...its closer to the truth then what we probably imagine.......LMAO

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Awesome, the inflatable sheep was an especially nice touch.

Be safe Wulf.

Nurse Miss Maude

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just for posts like this...will you visit the boards from time to time? please, please

Malagar T'sarran

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

:coco:

Status
Not open for further replies.