• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I still Have "Oak" boots

S

Silence_Fair

Well. . pub 53 is in and I still have Oak Snake Skin Boots. . I have even tried to put them in the bank box until the next server up and still they say "Oak" . So what now?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Pub 53 Bug Fixes:

-Snake Skin Boots will no longer say Oak

Add it to the known issues.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

It kind of makes you wonder. They supposedly test these fixes before they go in. How intensive of a test do you need to do on this one, claim boots if boots still say oak, fix = not working.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you got the boots b4 the publish, they probably weren't fixed, they rarely fix existing ones but new ones shouldn't have the issue.

S

Silence_Fair

If you got the boots b4 the publish, they probably weren't fixed, they rarely fix existing ones but new ones shouldn't have the issue.
I took it to mean that all instances of the word "Oak" would be removed from all snake skin boots. :lie: Sure is funny. I guess the guy that made these boots was sitting in an Oak tree when he made them.

E

Evilminion

What she said! If you're on Lake Austin, I'll be more than happy to trade you my non-Oak boots for your Oak ones... :D

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Snakes also were occasionally "Ash" before they fixed them.

One can only imagine what uncharted territory we'd be in if there were still Ash Snakes (then again, maybe we can, given the thread below about the decorating faux pas with the beehive)

S

Silence_Fair

I wish mine said "Oak" !!!
Nah! I have decided to keep them. . after all they may be worth something someday! ! :lol:
But WATCH! ! they will fix them and take all of it away. . OH Well! :gee:

F

Fayled Dhreams

Made by carpenters ?
Frostwood for lava walking?
Heartwood ('cause i just :heart: these over leather)
Ash for stealthers? (instead of clomp clomp ... ash ash ash)

Hey! is them yew boots ?