• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I see blackrocks are back, are BRE back too?

G

I had been inactive for long time and did first start mining again after the changes to the BODs. I mined up 4 small pieces of Blackrock and that scare me, all the days I had been back, it har been Valentine peace for BRE and I had not got any Blackrocks before today.

I need some advices for how to handle this BRE. I had never meet one yet.
Can they be killed and how?
How fast do they move?
Do I or my beetle risk to get infected?
Is this Blackrocks useful for anything?
How offen avg do I risk to dig up a BRE?

G

Brock is on vacation right now and the devs havent said when he is coming back. If you can kill him without provoking three other brocks on him then your one bad ass miner. Best thing to do is jump on your uninfected beetle and haul butt as fast as you can away from him. Oh and Blackrocks have a very useful purpose. They take up valueable storage space in your house or bank box. But I doubt any of this Info will help you since I dont know what the conditions are on Seige.

G

Thanks for the reply
I hope he stay on vacation, I have no hurry to meet him.
Yes I guess BR will take up alot of my storage and if I decide to trash them, Devs will make them useful right after

I doubt the conditions on Siege is much different, when it comes to mining, other than the risk for meeting Mr. Red but I think most of the reds gave up long ago to find victims near my mining house, been a little boring mining without any visit from them

G

Digging up BR's in Fel seems to yield more than tram mining so I believe you should be able to mine at least 4 a day on Seige. I usually double the amount i get in Fel over tram. Mining in Delucia or Cove will be your best bet in Seige. Even if Brock returns early, you can just say the magic word and Brock will disappear in a bolt of Lighting! LoL even the NPCs wont stand for Brock popping up in their towns.

G

Hehe, now I never do mine near town, my home is near covetues mountains so I won't get much help from guards

G

I came a visiting to ask the same questions. Many a time, before Valentine's day, I would mine up one of those nasties..and try to run..they are a bit tenacious....AND my miner is a Ledgendary Pally...she dies as fast as you other miners....

I have tried to fight the things but I see no damage doen to one, no matter what weapon I use. humm...I will re-state that...NO DAMAGE to the EL...plenty to myself...*you are dead and can not do that*

G

So is this part of Mondain's Legacy or something... BRE's and Blackrock that is. I've been back for about almost a month now, I mine only in Fel and I haven't seen ANY of these pesky things in my backpack or giving me the dirt nap.

I'd like to think that at 110 months old maybe I'm immune but what gives?!?!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Im not sure they turned them off and Valentines day and Im not sure if they have turned back on but I have not mined one back up yet but Im not gonna complain I have mined 3 in a row up so maybe Im getting my break from them either way no complaints here

G

Any GM miner should be able to dig up a blackrock but I dont have any proof to back up that claim hehe!

Wait I think I got my proof now
BlackRock Elemental

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I will go try to dig one up today i seem to mine one up about every 10k ingots and Im very low on ingots so we shall see
flint LS Shard

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
have had friends pund on bre a long time archers cant really hurt have heard can kill them if enough put time in 20 plus!!!!!!!!!! or prvoke 2 and find a third tow fight left over etc

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I thought Blackrock Elementals dont spawn anymore period?

Only the rocks.

G

They said they were turning them off for a short time around Val's Day and have yet to turn them back on.