• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] I saw someone in Luna wearing this Leather Armor. Is it Rare or Illegal at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw a person in Luna wearing this armor and was wondering if it was rare, illegal, or worth anything at all? Just right click and open in new tab is what I had to do to open it, for some reason the picture isn't displaying when I made post.

Vlad Dracula on Atlantic in Luna is wearing the armor.

Pic 1

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone has somehow managed to attach in game npc text, help tips and on one piece a suspension notice, as labels on the items. I would say the the only way to create these pieces is through use of an exploit. I wouldn't accept one as a free gift never mind pay for one.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can avoid having to link to another window by going to the right side and selecting *links to share this image*. Copy the direct image link, use the insert image button, and hit paste. To see if you got it right you can preview your post.

Oh and interesting stuff. Not sure of the legality of it...almost seems as if someone used some sort of illegal app to do it, and the hat was a warning for the illegal actions after the fact? Speculating of course...I only recently saw the first example of such.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone has somehow managed to attach in game npc text, help tips and on one piece a suspension notice, as labels on the items. I would say the the only way to create these pieces is through use of an exploit. I wouldn't accept one as a free gift never mind pay for one.
I sent Mesanna a PM to see what she said

Here is another pic so you can see him wearing it:

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah.. no exploit, just a loophole with how the game works that I forget how to do. Similar to how HTML could be used on books in the past.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah.. no exploit, just a loophole with how the game works that I forget how to do. Similar to how HTML could be used on books in the past.
im sitting here wondering how is a loophole not a bug or exploit? Ive only heard of something being legit, a bug or an exploit, never just a "loophole". Would loophole mean that it was a bug or what? And how long were you able to do this for because if you notice the Tunic piece mentions "Dark Father" so i'm assuming that had to of been made after Doom was released. Then again armor engraving tools may of only came out after Doom was released? I dunno. Is something like this illegal? If not how much would it be worth.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think an untrusted broker was trying to sell a weapon like this earlier.

Just think about it....

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The armor is mine, to do it you dont have to break any rules. I learned about it along time ago when people would put it on their guild title and you could read it when you put your mouse over the guy on screen... they did away with that but not the ability to make all the word appear on other stuff.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you can still make armor like that or used to and can't anymore? has anyone ever seen those kind of items for sale or know how much they sell for?

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks a little like this item that was supposedly gotten from an idoc lol. Looks like there is a new exploit out there. Hope no one actually bought this sword. Real shocker who it was from as well lol. http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-rare...ling-very-nicely-labeled-sword-check-out.html Damn just read the link it was sold, =( .

Cleaned my reply up a little, last nights beers have worn off=/. Anyway its pretty easy to read between the lines here. Outright scamming cut and dry. And thank you Dan for getting this out and in the open, hopefully this will help so no one else can profit on a item like this.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It is still possible to do this, and as lineman said, don't be fooled. There was a axe on a vendor on atl, east luna, for 100mil that had similar text to the one oblivion sold, axe was in a europa gold bag.. hope no one bought it here.

L

lupushor

One of these "new items" - a gorget, was submitted at Yible's auction with no open bid. It got sold for 200k (i repeat 200.000gp). I personally don't think it worths that much as they are for sure illegal. They are like the very definition of an ingame exploit.
I would like to see soon an official statement about these items.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still waiting to here about this from Mesanna, I PMd her the thread here. Thanks Lineman and Lupushor for telling me that though, I wouldn't of known otherwise. Thats crazy though how OhMyGED Sold that sold for 300mil. I'm hoping Mesanna will clear it up in the PM about items like this.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL! 300 mil? It's why people should wait when things like this turn up out of the blue.

Especially since it's now known it's possible to get your own for free.

L

lupushor

Yeah, about those 300mils, i seriously doubt they were paid. Smells like a team scam to set a high price for a useless item. There was no real auction with bids, just a pop-up message stating it was sold. Ha.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wear the armor because its different, im not trying to sell it. There is some value to it tho.... finding the exact text you want can take awhile and just remembering how to do it is worth something... because as you can tell by all the posts not many remember how to do it. But no its not worth 100's of mills or probley not even worth more than 1m each.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Boy, I sure do love speculation early in the morning.

Ironically, I asked if anyone knew about the specific item in question....no one here from this 'community' responded to it....

Best part is: there are people here they probably knew about how these items were created and was trying to make a buck off of it.....maybe waiting to see how much my item sold for and would have attempted to sell similar ones at a later point in time.

Are you all trying to entice me by stating that I'm some sort of scammer because I sold the item?

I tried to research this, and any buyer could have also done the same. Not my fault that someone wanted to pay the price.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
So Clearly not a Rare and determined and Exploit "Time to move the thread"?

In before the Lock

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So Clearly not a Rare and determined and Exploit "Time to move the thread"?

In before the Lock
What you said does not make sense.

How do you know if these items are deemed "rare" or not --- or if it an exploit or not? We have no official confirmation and no one has told us how these items were created, or if they can still be created.

And if they are still being created, not sure what is exactly "exploitable" other than the fact that some of these items could be sold for a high profit unless a typical player does some research....but that is the responsibility of any player.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Boy, I sure do love speculation early in the morning.

Ironically, I asked if anyone knew about the specific item in question....no one here from this 'community' responded to it....

Best part is: there are people here they probably knew about how these items were created and was trying to make a buck off of it.....maybe waiting to see how much my item sold for and would have attempted to sell similar ones at a later point in time.

Are you all trying to entice me by stating that I'm some sort of scammer because I sold the item?

I tried to research this, and any buyer could have also done the same. Not my fault that someone wanted to pay the price.
What you did was clearly put up a smoke screen, you are just the lowest of scammers. You knew exactly what you had before you even posted. Idoc huh?. And if you really did sell that for 300m well all I have to say is every dog has his day and I sure as hell hope yours comes soon.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

How do you know if these items are deemed "rare" or not --- or if it an exploit or not? We have no official confirmation and no one has told us how these items were created, or if they can still be created.

And if they are still being created, not sure what is exactly "exploitable" other than the fact that some of these items could be sold for a high profit unless a typical player does some research....but that is the responsibility of any player.
First off...as per what is allowed here...

2) Player craftables are not allowed for buy/sale on this forum. It does not matter how epic good they are.
Second, if I remember correctly an item sold recently here was claimed to have been found at an IDOC with similar marking as to the ones being asked about here. If this is the result of a recent loophole, how would an item such as this have been procured from an IDOC?

Third, refer back to the rule as to why items such as this should not be sold here on the forum.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The "loophole" isn't recent... if you wanna call it a loophole. Im not sure why we have the ability to make this text, the ability to put it on armor and weapon is within the last year or so. It looks cool on runebooks as well. These items might not be rare but this post needs to be in the part of the forum to let people know.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

All of that hardly matters as the item in question can still be created, therefore not rare. If it is indeed made with an exploit or a bug you will not be told how it is made on Stratics. Period.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
***Update***

It has been reported to me and I have witnessed the sale of these type items in the range of 2 to 3 mill per piece, just a heads up for those interested.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
***UPDATE***

There is a certain someone selling some white demon bone armor pieces engraved with green html. The word "Malas" is engraved on them and they are claiming that the item is a Formosa event item. This is untrue, the item may not be an exploit or a bug or even illegal, but it isn't an event item nor is it rare, purchase at your own risk.

I think its safe to assume that steering clear of any engraved items, html or otherwise, may be a good policy to stick with currently until it is established what items can be created and those that cannot.

Status
Not open for further replies.