• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] I really need your opinion here, Skills/Armour template

Christian Matiazzo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hi everybody!
I know how addicted this game is and after playing from 98-2005 , I am back again!!

I am now creating a Warrior and on the past was so easy to just Hit and Run... a lot has changed!!!

I saw a lot of videos of people doing Champion Spawn Solo / Medusa and I am so impressed and Jealous
that I want to be there 1 day!!!.

Let me start saying that I am NOT familiar yet with Bushido/Chiv/Necro skills, never used them b4.

I need your opinion on what to make to be able to either PvP or PvM (90%) , "I like to pvp with a mager"

I need you to point me on what kind of

• Armour set I need (I know will be price, since I expend 100M on my mage suit)
  • The best weapons available
  • Jewels that I may need. (I have a 120 Imbuing that I can do my owns)

My current skills available are:

120 Fencing
120 Bushido
GM Necromancy
GM Chiv.
90 Tactics ( I already bought the 120 PS if needed)
75 Anatomy ( I already bought the 120 PS if needed)
50 healing
50 Parry

I can GM Resist in 1 hour if needed

I was told to use the following:

swords 120 (can use my 120 fencer instead)
bushido 120
resist 120
tactics 120
necro 100
parry 100
chilvary 40

or
120 Bushido
120 Swordmanship
120 Chivalry
115 Tactics
100 Anatomy (+15 with new ring)
85 Resisting Spells
60 Parry

Thanks for all the input!!!!!!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Based on what you've said you want to do (Champ Spawns and Medusa), I think you want to build a basic sampire. You're skills are already close. There are many sampire templates. Let me give you two variants:

120 Fencing (since you already have it)
120 Bushido
120 Parrying
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
99 Necromancy
61 Chiv (+23 on skill jewelry to 84)

120 Fencing
120 Bushido
120 Resist
117 Tactics
99 Necro
84 Chivalry
60 Parrying

Those are two templates I use. There are a zillion variants. The top one is a tank. The bottom one is made to fight necro casting monsters with 120 resist. I personally would run 84 Chiv or 120 Chiv. 84 gets you 50% damage increase from EOO and 100% consecrate weapon with the damage type set as your enemies weakest resist type. 120 Chiv is great when there is no slayer for your foe.

Other things you may want to consider since you are back:

1) Get a soulstone so you can move skills between characters
2) Build a crafter! You need an imbuer in addition to other crafting skills.

The bottomline is with all of this is that there are a multitude of endless template possibilities, many of which are viable. Find something that works for you, outfit your char, and have fun slaying monsters. Welcome back!

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You need to know about reforging and refinement.
Also there are new artifacts for misc slot - for example, Despicable Quiver.

Since you are going PvP as well there is a sense to try 4/6 Paladin.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First welcome back! Great to see the formerly lost fellows coming back

Second. What you ask cannot be answered... But thats no drawback. Its exciting, one thing maybe the greatest about uo is its complexity!

When i returned to uo some years ago i was in the same situation. I wanted to solo all those peerless champs and so on with some kind of melee char.

I read dozens of threads but in the end there were way more questions than answers and the builds i created werent very satisfiying.

Then i began to study the game mechanics including all skills stats and properties which seemed to be important for an effective melee build. In the end i knew which skills complemented each other and what was needed.

Then the appropriate gear and weapons. I checked all crafting skills artifacts and began to calculate using exel charts.

In the end (after many tests and much gear producing) I finally had my first effective build i was satisfied with.

So my message to you: think of your own and dont just copy builds. Its way greater to do it on your own

Last edited:

Christian Matiazzo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the reply!!

This is so far my updates:
Current skills that I worked on it, past 2 days!!
I bought a whole bunch of Stones!!

120 Fencing
120 Bushido
100 Chiv.
100 Necro
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
95 Tactics (working my way out to 120)
40 Resist (I can make this 120 in 1 hour, so NP if needed)

Like I said, I just came back, and still shock me the current price of everything... people talk nowadays 50M - 100M like I used to say 20.000 Gold.

Anyway, I finished my mule, so I also have the 120 Imbuing available.

Someone was selling yesterday a super super Suit here and I got it, so I am all set for that
I will get whatever rings and bracelet now to work with!!

I will do some howework, since I never used none of those skills b4 (Bushido/Chiv/Necro)

I will take a look on the samples you guys provide me :)

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I personally would run 84 Chiv or 120 Chiv. 84 gets you 50% damage increase from EOO and 100% consecrate weapon with the damage type set as your enemies weakest resist type.
I have a feeling that to cast consecrate weapon successfully doesn't mean you always hit the lowest resists but that you get a probability to hit the lowest resist. And you need 90 Chivalry to 100% hit the lowest resist.
I can't prove this but I think so.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a feeling that to cast consecrate weapon successfully doesn't mean you always hit the lowest resists but that you get a probability to hit the lowest resist. And you need 90 Chivalry to 100% hit the lowest resist.
I can't prove this but I think so.
Mouse over the Consecrate Weapon icon in your buff/debuff bar, and you see "proc chance." This refers to your % chance to hit the target's lowest resist.

-Galen's player