• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I need your help Catskills!

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Hello everyone! As some may know, I've been working on building Stratics wiki, especially the rares database, for the past six years. At this point, I've *almost* seen every last rare item in the game (roughly 12,685), but there's still 221 I've not been able to find, and then there's some where the info is still a bit lacking.

That's where I need your help! For the ones I'm still looking for, if you can tell me where to look, I'll go grab the info I need in game. However, some of these last items are on banned or inactive accounts; if you even have a screenshot of any of them, please post it! For weapons and armor, even if you don't have a picture, but can help with the props for the item, that too would be helpful.

For the items I have seen, but where info is lacking, if you can help fill in/correct the missing year (or type) for any of them, that'd be quite helpful.

Items I'm still searching for (to see, not to buy):

Items I've found,but need info on:

Unknown type, unknown year:

Seer items with unknown year:

EM items with unknown year:

More info needed:
No information is available about how EM Valentine's Day bears were named on Catskills in 2010.

Last edited:

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello everyone! As some may know, I've been working on building Stratics wiki, especially the rares database, for the past six years. At this point, I've *almost* seen every last rare item in the game (roughly 12,685), but there's still 221 I've not been able to find, and then there's some where the info is still a bit lacking.

That's where I need your help! For the ones I'm still looking for, if you can tell me where to look, I'll go grab the info I need in game. However, some of these last items are on banned or inactive accounts; if you even have a screenshot of any of them, please post it! For weapons and armor, even if you don't have a picture, but can help with the props for the item, that too would be helpful.

For the items I have seen, but where info is lacking, if you can help fill in/correct the missing year (or type) for any of them, that'd be quite helpful.

Items I'm still searching for (to see, not to buy):
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}A Poisonous Jug {/td}
{td}EM Item{/td}
{td}2009{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Bow With A Deadly Aim {/td}
{td}Mesanna Item{/td}
{td}2010{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Gloves Bloodied By The Handling Of Ix Tab's Conversion Crystal {/td}
{td}EM Item{/td}
{td}2010{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Harlequin Mask {/td}
{td}Mesanna Item{/td}
{td}2010{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Logbook {/td}
{td}Seer Item{/td}
{td}unknown{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Muscovy Duck Egg {/td}
{td}EM Item{/td}
{td}2009{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ring That Bind The Shadow Lord To Its Pet {/td}
{td}EM Item{/td}
{td}2009{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Storyteller of the Realm (blessed) {/td}
{td}Seer Item{/td}
{td}unknown{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Sword Of Excellence For Recover Of The Sand Of Compassion And Golden Rose {/td}
{td}EM Item{/td}
{td}2006{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}The Footwear Of Ilhenir's Blood Guard, The Apparition {/td}
{td}EM Item{/td}
{td}2010{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}The Royal Guard Book {/td}
{td}EM Item{/td}
{td}2006{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}The Sash Of Ilhenir's Blood Guard, The Apparition {/td}
{td}EM Item{/td}
{td}2010{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}The Sword Arkinin's Fiend {/td}
{td}EM Item{/td}
{td}2010{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Wind Sting {/td}
{td}Seer Item{/td}
{td}unknown{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Items I've found,but need info on:

Unknown type, unknown year:
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}Evils Bane {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Seer items with unknown year:
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}A Full Jug Of Ewan's Cider. {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}A Gypsy Dagger {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}A Necklace... The Large Middle Stone Is Encrusted With An Obsidian Wisp {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}Crystalline Blackrock {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}Death Blade {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}General Jetrin Valek is to be placed under Royal Arrest by order of Sir Geoffrey {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}Jack-O-Darwin...... Happy Halloween {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}Keep The Diversion Going. We Are Almost Through. {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}Logbook {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}Necklace Of The Ages {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}Petrified Fish {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}Sixth Place Championship Finalist Of The Britain Horse Races {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}Storyteller of the Realm (blessed) {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}Syren's Razor {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}The Bow Of The Undead {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}The Festival Of The Grape {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}The Spell Of Flesh {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}The Teleporter Is The First Step... Soon We Will Be Rich! {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}The War Hammer Of The Undead {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}War Drum Of Air {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}War Drum Of Earth {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}White Stag Hide {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}Wind Sting {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
EM items with unknown year:
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}A Catskills Christmas Cake {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}Armor Of The Royal Britannian Guard {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}Body Sash With The Insignia Of The Royal Britannian Guard Embroidered Upon It {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}Boots With The Insignia Of The Royal Britannian Guard Embroidered Upon Them {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}Brevet Of The Royal Britannian Guard, Awarded For Outstanding Achievements In Defence Of The Realm {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}Catskill's Christmas Fruitcake {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}Kilt With The Insignia Of The Royal Britannian Guard Embroidered Upon It {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}Novice Detective For Catskills {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}{/td}
{td}Trainee Detective For Catskills {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
More info needed:
No information is available about whatever EM Valentine's Day bears were made on Catskills in 2010.
I might be able to help with a few items.

1) Crystalline Blackrock: If this is the piece of blackrock with the teleporting charges from the original FOA event, then I actually own it (or at least one, if there are multiple). Unfortunately, it's impossible to display normally -- I am not sure what exactly the issue is, but it's stuck in the wooden box that I put it inside when I left UO for a time, and can't be moved out of it. I'd be happy to send you a screenshot if you'd like.

My memory is that the year was 1998, and it was related to the FOA events. I think it was from some kind of shadow/dark wisp creature. A character called Aeyia got the drop, and then my character later stole it from her (RP-wise). Her player is still around, and might be able to fill in more details if you need it, but I do recall it was when Seer Flare was our Seer in 1998.

2) War Drums of Air and Earth: This is just speculation, but were these related to the Shadow Clan? I seem to have a distant memory of a War Drum of Fire related to them. If they were, my guess would be sometime around 1998-1999.

3) General Jetrin Valek is to be placed under Royal Arrest by order of Sir Geoffrey: As a player, I was involved in the plotting of this story line with our seers at the time, since one of the end results was to decorate two NPC houses in Trinsic (now Felucca) that were used extensively by RP groups at the time. One was the Cornigan House, used by my guild, the Emerald Empire, and the other was Paladin Isle, used by the Paladins of Trinsic, led by Rutger Dag. There was also a tent city placed north of the city for the displaced poor, and for a time, there was even a crack in the walls that let you teleport in and out of Trinsic with a secret word: (One way was: braccalese, the other was eselaccarb -- Braccalese was the family name of a few EE characters who lived in Trinsic).

The story line took place over a few months during 1999, and per this BNN article, I would guess that the item you mentioned was from on or about July 16, 1999: BNN: Martial Law Revoked - A Turn of Events - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

By the way, do you know who owns the General Valek item? I would love to see if it's displayed anywhere now. Those were good times.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Many thanks. I'll update those when I'm home from work. As for years, would you say 2016 through 2018?

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These were given out by EM Adris when he was on Cats, 2011/12. I had talked to him in length about having something on Cats like they did on Pacific at the time I believe. He had instituted these as a Reward System. We had to do stand alone quests and earn points towards getting these. To my knowledge, I Own 4 outta the 5 given for both. Then EM Barnaby came on board to share the shard with EM Adris, right before EM Adris left to go to another shard. EM Barnaby made the Reward a sash also but now had the Character name and Rank on the Sash.

z2b.jpg

I have 4 of these such sashes and 1 other where to my knowledge I obtained the highest rank before this system went a different route and EM Barnaby retired shortly after.

zzzzzzzzzzcdaf.jpg

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many thanks. I'll update those when I'm home from work. As for years, would you say 2016 through 2018?
I would say that's about right for EM Dramnar on Cats. EM Dramnar's drops are from Season 14, 15 and 16.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would say that's about right for EM Dramnar on Cats. EM Dramnar's drops are from Season 14, 15 and 16.
Yeah, that sounds right to me too. From what I recall, EM Barnaby left in October 2015 after his Nujel'm arc finished up, and outside one event by a substitute EM in or around January/February 2016 that involved alien Godzilla babies, we didn't have an EM on Catskills until May 2016, when Dramnar started. Then he left around the beginning of December 2018.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I think that may have been EM Mercury's training event?

Here'swhat history of EMs I have for Cats:
EM Gustus (? - ?)
EM Stone (2004 - ?)
EM Cernunnos (2008-12-19 - ?)
EM Kasaven (2008-12-19 - ?)
EM Leonidas (? - ?)
EM Nathael (? - ?)
EM Adris (2011 - 2012)
EM Barnaby (? - October 2015)
EM Dramnar (2016-04-25 - 2018)
EM FaineMorgan (2018 - current)

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EM FaineMorgan (2018 - current)
EM Faine Morgan has left the program :( . Looks like Cats will be getting EM Roenick & EM Obsidian now. EM Roenick now owns the RBG Hall & EM Obsidian now owns the Reward Hall.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
By the way, do you know who owns the General Valek item? I would love to see if it's displayed anywhere now. Those were good times.
Many thanks for all the info! As for who owns it, I don't; I've been collecting data for a good number of years, and most items have moved around a lot in that time.

Brian

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
EM Dramnar had these items as his Rewards for his version of the RBG during his time on Catskills. He gave very few Full Suits out when he had his last RBG Promotions right before he retired from Cats in 2017/18.

Use this link to see the Rewards : RBG: Rewards : UO Catskills EM
Ok, I think I have most info from there; a couple of questions.

1. I've not seen a kilt, but it says Ensigns would get 'kilt and boots'. Can anyone post a pic and the item name for the kilt?
2. Did Inspector or Protector have any associated items? RBG: Rewards : UO Catskills EM doesn't mention them.
3. The cloak I've seen was the Brevet Of The Royal Britannian Guard, Awarded For Outstanding Achievements In Defence Of The Realm. According to RBG: Rewards : UO Catskills EM, Brevet and Commander were different items. I've not seen the Commander item then; anyone able to help with a pic and item name?
4. I'm guessing RBG: Roster : UO Catskills EM is not a dependable page for item counts, as it doesn't list any as higher than Captain (at arms), and I know I've seen the helm, which should only have been a Brigadier reward.

Brian

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
. I've not seen a kilt, but it says Ensigns would get 'kilt and boots'. Can anyone post a pic and the item name for the kilt?
zzb5.jpg

zzb6.jpg

The Boots were a mute point after you got the platemail legs as you could no longer see them.

The Kilt is Hue 1194 & the Boots are Hue 2671

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2. Did Inspector or Protector have any associated items? RBG: Rewards : UO Catskills EM doesn't mention them.
3. The cloak I've seen was the Brevet Of The Royal Britannian Guard, Awarded For Outstanding Achievements In Defence Of The Realm. According to RBG: Rewards : UO Catskills EM, Brevet and Commander were different items. I've not seen the Commander item then; anyone able to help with a pic and item name?
I was 1 Mission behind a few of the RP'ers. To my knowledge at the end No One got the Top Ranks. EM Dramnar held a promotion ceremony and all a sudden the top few player with points ALL got the whole Uniform to complete their set. As I said earlier very few of these in a complete set exists. Very shortly after this EM Dramnar announced his retirement to us and was gone.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Thanks! For the {player name}, Private Of The King's Guard and {player name}, Private First Class Of The King's Guard sashes, could you tell me the hue # for each?

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately I cannot give you the Hue. When I received them, they were originally Commander Kanlocke of the RBG (EM Character) Green Part of her uniform. I had dyed them white to fit in with my guild colors.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Ok, thanks. I'll look for a screenshot of her uniform and try to match it. :)