• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I need helping moving...

J

Joyous2K

I use KR.

I don't know how to use the moving crate.

I don't want to make 500 trips with my beetle, but if I have to I will.

L

Lord Drakelord

I use KR.

I don't know how to use the moving crate.

I don't want to make 500 trips with my beetle, but if I have to I will.
Wish I could help you, but I don't use KR. Get a few trusted buddies to help out?

K

Kiminality

I had a character with 5 pack llamas, at one point, for moving boards.
No magery, though :(

J

Joyous2K

I had a character with 5 pack llamas, at one point, for moving boards.
No magery, though :(
Oh, so that's it? You actually have to move the items?

That stinks, but I guess it is realistic. 5 llamas is a much better idea than 1 beetle.

Housing crate is for something else then?

M

Mythic

the crate is more for moving stuff around in a house thats being designed, dont know how many beetles can follow you, but ya, movings a pain, Ill be moving out of my 16x17 and into a 18x18 soo i feel your pain

L

LadyArden

dont know how many beetles can follow you
One.
Beetles take up 3 slots, but llamas only 1 and pack horses only one, butthen you can't ride any of those either so they are harder not to lose to death by monsters.

Be careful, good luck, happy trails...Pet the llamas for me

L

Lord Drakelord

One.
Beetles take up 3 slots, but llamas only 1 and pack horses only one, butthen you can't ride any of those either so they are harder not to lose to death by monsters.

Be careful, good luck, happy trails...Pet the llamas for me
If you can gate, you can tell all to stay inside the old house, then open a gate at your new place back to old, step thru and command them to follow you and enter the gate. If you are able to get thru yourself they will follow you.

J

Joyous2K

100,000 blank scrolls. That stinks. 62.5 trips with llamas. I think that is the worst one I will have.

EDIT.... BUT THEN you remember you have 5 llamas and so it is only 62.5/5 = 12.5 trips and that is a breeze!

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just used all my toons. I would load up one beetle and bank box then log off. After doing that with 7 toons my house was empty.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can't even count how many times I've moved..... occasionally I've moved a great distance and occasionally only a short distance... most my moves are just fine..... however...... when I move my crafting house.... I just cringe...... I know it will take 100's of trips.... 30+k of each leather, 1,000's of ingots.... and over 120k of normal wood plus 5k at least of each color wood... and the oodles of reward cloth normal cloth.. and other countless supplies related to crafting and deco.... yeah.... you can bet I don't do that too bloody well often..... but if I don't have far to move I do it in the wee hours of the morning and I use the bagball method.... in other words I take the whole pile at a time and I hop skip it all the way there.... along the ground..... one giant step at a time..... pain to do but sure beats the multitude of trips it would take with packies..... I often ask myself what I intend to do with all the supplies as one body coudn't possibly use all that.... but I do a LOT of deco.... so I guess I like to keep reserves..... never really know when you just might need 60k of wood....

enjoy your new home..

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my advice is to say 'i wish to place a trash barrel' and throw 90% of your stuff out. it takes me 2 bugs to move and i still feel like i have too much stuff.