• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] I need help

svantil8

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have recently returned after many years and tried to play my t-hunter and must say Im very disappointed I cant get UOAM or UO Cart to work and spent 3 hours trying to find a plain chest and never did find it. I run classic client and my t hunter is a peace mage
100 Cart
94 Eval
110 Mage
100 Med
100 lock picking
115 music
110 peace

I dont have room for mining but I dont want to quit treasure hunting

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run the Provo mage T-hunter template. Not being in some long drawn out battle the med can be replaced with mana regn in suit. Replace the med with mining. Not even using EC will ease the need to be real close to find a spot without mining.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I treasure hunt on 2 shards with characters that don't have mining. You need to study the terrain pretty carefully, but it is possible. I do it daily, usually taking no more than a few minutes to find the spot.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya I make it a game going into a fresh spot for a first pick hit. Learn to use far away features to get in the right spot. Grass patch and forest edge lines. Mountains and landmarks that show on the Tmap. Finding 2-3 imaginary lines from the chest location out so I can get in the right area on radar/map. Start point dig each direction. A fail then I drop something useless in that spot and start a spiral sweep around that spot. My miner only has 55 skill. Allows me to stop a dig and get 5-6 spaces away. By the time the guardians spawn and figure out they want to kick my butt I am out of casters range pulling lifebars. Single earth eli summon guarding slows up the most froggiest of the group.

svantil8

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thank You all for the help I trained mining up to 50 and went to do the same map took me a few minutes but I did find it