• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I need a little help - maybe this will get your brains working :P

• Thread starter imported_kray2s
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_kray2s

Well i have posted on these boards for a while now and i have found the people posting here very helpful when it comes to answering qustions and helping peeps out!

So i thought, even though this technically isnt a question about a rare item (crosses fingers in hope post doesnt end up at the hands of moderators scissors) i was hoping that you nice folk here could help me out a little?

I have run a shop for a while - closed it but am now looking to reopen it - I have been trading under the name GoldStretchers on the Europa shard.

However i have been looking at reopening and it struck me that the shop name may make people think that it was like the bargain bin of shops - kind of like primark compared to other shops being harrods (not that anything wrong with primark)...

So here is my question to u nice lot -

Do i stick with the name i have used for a while or do i come up with a new shop name? If u think i need a new one could i possibly also touble you for some suggestions as to what it could be changed to?????????

Thank you for your time and patience with me

*edited asnoticed some spelling mistakes changed them but probably missed loads more lol*

G

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with conveying the thought that your prices are low. Everyone likes to think they are getting a bargain.

I think it's a clever name while being clean, which is always good.

G

Shops have names? Oh I guess they do ;-) I usually do not let the name of a shop influence me. Either I'm looking for stuff or not. But yours is a catchy name and unique. I'd keep it because you have used it for a while.

K

Kratos Aurion

honestly, I dont think anyone thinks that much about a vendor/shop name while making the consideration of viewing the contents it has to offer.

But usually though if your name is recognized by the general public, you should stick with it because people will more likely be interested since they know you have good deals or w/e and attract more attention/customers that way.

I

imported_gwen_alcestis

I don't think your main worry should be the message the actual names purveys, but the remembrance people have of your previous shop.
Did it do great: keep the same name.
Did it make people think "oh that place... meh, not gonna bother entering the gate": change it.

So I guess the thing to do is for you to decide whether or not you considered your previous shop a success.

G

Yes...if you ran one for years like me...keep the name. I'm rather tired of Baja Rares Inc. but people know where it is and what it generally stocks...so the name stays the same.