• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I need a larger size backpack, maybe it's just me

R

RD Gumbie

With all the crap we have to carry now and the size of some of that stuff it seems the size of my backpack is too small to veiw and find what I need in it.

Nothing game changing and might not be a problem for alot of others but just tossing that out there.

G

That was one of the beauties of the 3d client. You could resize your containers to easily see everything without extra sub-containers or layered items.

Now it's one of the beauties of the KR client with the slotted and list view modes.

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

<blockquote><hr>

That was one of the beauties of the 3d client. You could resize your containers to easily see everything without extra sub-containers or layered items.

Now it's one of the beauties of the KR client with the slotted and list view modes.

[/ QUOTE ]

The KR backpack is far too big as was the one in 3D.

G

It's called having other backpacks in your backpack. I put all my Weapons/Talismans in a pouch, and equip/unequip the Weps through a UOA Macro.

G

While you can't resize individual aspects of the UI, you CAN reduce the size of the KR backpack by reducing the UI size as a whole.

As for 3d, the classic version was the same as the 2d backpack and the expandable version could be made smaller than the 2d backpack if you so desired.

R

RD Gumbie

<blockquote><hr>

It's called having other backpacks in your backpack. I put all my Weapons/Talismans in a pouch, and equip/unequip the Weps through a UOA Macro.

[/ QUOTE ]
But if you die, everything gets tossed back into your main pack again.

G

Yep, all the insured stuff does, so i just Re-Arm the weps with UOA, then Disarm them into the new Pouch after resetting the Disarm bag.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
No it isn't. You can only have one size and have to scroll to see everything.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
No it isn't. You can only have one size and have to scroll to see everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do custom UI's help with this? I know people have made a few but as I do not play KR yet I would not know but would a custom user interface help? And can you not change your backpack style in KR without a Custom UI?

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the same problem with this. The only way i know how to deal with it is by using 4-5 pouches that are color coded for each type item I am carrying.

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

<blockquote><hr>

I have the same problem with this. The only way i know how to deal with it is by using 4-5 pouches that are color coded for each type item I am carrying.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can see color in KR?? I admit the legacy art does help with that problem. With KR are I can't tell what I have in my pack. Color coding adds weight unless you use dyed crates and chests. I run with my main pack and a side pack open. On my crafters I use a third pack for a work pack. The KR packs are so HUGE that this setup is difficult since it uses far too much screen area.

I

imported_Lord Kynd

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

???? 'beauties' ???? hardly
WoW interface knockoff YAH, 'beauties' lol anything that makes UO look or feel like WoW is not 'beautie'.

YUCK

G

Yes, beauty, and the UO interface is already several levels more powerful than the WoW UI straight out of the box.

Yes, you have to scroll in terms of list or grid, however, you can still keep everything nice and organized without the need to sub containers or color coding.

Expandable container gumps themselves are being worked on last I've read though.

Either way, the KR container gump is MUCH more versatile than the legacy version (not to mention the "legacy container artwork" is a HUGE improvement in terms of graphic quality).

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love an organized backpack but have you ever been collecting peerless keys (which I put into a separate bag) and then died? They go into your backpack along with anything else kept in other bags, like rune books. Tiny things get hidden under other things and it's a real pain sorting it all out again.

If you self res you have a huge mess to deal with also.

I'd like to see blessed bags or pouches that will hold <u>only</u> blessed items that remain in the bag/pouch when you're ressed.